Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Just now, KDawg said:

I watched a lot of them. Absolutely. That’s what happens when you have Sunday Ticket, Red Zone and they play a lot of 4 o clock games. 

As do I, and I'm sure I watched just as many as you.  But not all of them.  I missed a couple of Murray's worst performances, statistically.  And I still think it's asinine to claim Murray was "light years" ahead of Haskins.

2 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Everybody on NFLN is connecting Cam to the Skins or at least bringing him to Skins up....

I don't see how a trade (draft pick) and contract could be accommodated here.

4th rounder and a 3yr/45M extension?

He’s currently got 1 year left at 18M, nothing guaranteed.

9 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Everybody on NFLN is connecting Cam to the Skins or at least bringing him to Skins up....

I don't see how a trade (draft pick) and contract could be accommodated here.

I agree idk what a trade would look like. With his health and need of a contract though, he could be cheaper than we realize. Especially with the Panthers already going after Teddy B.

Now, adding his contract is technically doable, whatever it ends up being. But not smart with Smith's contract already on the books and the investment into Haskins.

But if RR doesn't like Haskins, that's a sunk cost.

I think Cam ends up elsewhere and that RR likes Haskins, for the record.

But nothing can be discounted. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It all depends on his cost, and RR's relationship with him vs. early relationship and belief in Haskins. 

I cant stand cam Newton, i dont want anything to do with him.  He is a diva.   Not a good mentor for a young impressionable QB. 

If the skins gave up anything higher than a 4th, I'll be livid.  I still wouldn't do it for a day 3 pick, but at least you aren't giving up much draft capital to acquire him.

That being said, I think cam will fetch more than a 3rd day pick, so I hope Rivera stays away.

4 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

As do I, and I'm sure I watched just as many as you.  But not all of them.  I missed a couple of Murray's worst performances, statistically.  And I still think it's asinine to claim Murray was "light years" ahead of Haskins.

I think it’s asinine to pretend that Haskins was anywhere near good, but here we are.

7 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I cant stand cam Newton, i dont want anything to do with him.  He is a diva.   Not a good mentor for a young impressionable QB. 

If the skins gave up anything higher than a 4th, I'll be livid.  I still wouldn't do it for a day 3 pick, but at least you aren't giving up much draft capital to acquire him.

That being said, I think cam will fetch more than a 3rd day pick, so I hope Rivera stays away.

Your impression of Cam is yours to hold and not my business, but you should watch the Panthers season of All or Nothing on Amazon Prime. You're wrong about Cam imo. 

He wants to win and isn't a great loser (which bad teams can use) but he's a leader. If you're one of those who doesn't care for how he dresses flashy or whatever and think it makes him a diva then fine, this conversation isn't going anywhere anyways. Just saying my peace.

(note: I'm not advocating for him--I've made my thoughts on what I think will happen clear--RR likes Haskins imo)

We can’t afford Cam Newton this is useless speculation.

We’re riding with Dwayne or drafting Tua this year. If Dwayne kills it, we stick with him.

And if Dwayne sucks or doesn’t improve enough next year, they can get rid of Alex, and Dwayne, and bring in a rookie (with a top 10 draft pick), or a vet. 

We simply can’t spend $50 million combined on QBs and succeed.

Especially now that there is an extra playoff spot up for grabs, the line between rebuilding and playoffs is even thinner.

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Trading for Cam Newton would be yet more evidence that we're still a dumbass organization who has no idea how to develop a franchise QB.

I mean yeah, by definition because if something so drastic were to happen it would mean that there's nobody left in the building with power who likes the developmental possible franchise QB they have on the roster. So it would go without saying.

I don't think that's the case at all, for the record.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Trading for Cam Newton would be yet more evidence that we're still a dumbass organization who has no idea how to develop a franchise QB.

Here’s where I agree. Haskins has prototypical physical traits for a quarterback. He deserves a chance to be developed if a rookie (Tua, Burrow) isn’t in the equation.

Going after Newton means we lose assets, cap dollars and throw away Haskins. He doesn’t function well as a backup.

And Newton’s health has to be factored in to the whole thing as well.

I pass on Newton. Develop Haskins.

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think it’s asinine to pretend that Haskins was anywhere near good, but here we are.

He was pretty good the last 2 weeks of the season. And what I liked is he consistently got better as the season progressed. We still dont know what we have in Haskins. But it is way too early to give up on him IMO.

18 minutes ago, crabbypatty said:

I really hope Rivera isn't that dumb. I don't think he is, but talk about torpedoing your team before you even get started, you'd be giving up assets you don't even have to bring a battered Cam to town. This ain't 2015 anymore, the guy has taken a ton of punishment and has only played 16 games in the last 2 years. (granted 14 of those were last year)

He didn't play 14 games last year, he played in 2.

As a side note. This is the craziest off season I can remember ever. Big time players switching teams. If you told me 2 weeks ago that Brady, Rivers, Diggs, and Hopkins would all be going to different teams i would have said you were nuts. I am enjoying the chaos in all honesty.

Archived