Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Is there a good site which just simply has a list of FAs, their 2019 team and 2020 team (if applicable) broken down by position?  

nfl.com and espn.com used to have these neat little tables and you could follow along pretty easily.  Now everybody has these twitter-esque running lists of stuff so they can offer opinions in real time and all that but makes figuring out who's gone where more challenging.

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, murphys4life said:

production wise he already has, maybe because is was a 1st rd pick and matt was a 5/6 ,has blurred your vison, you're not alone ,many get cought up in that

I was under the impression that Payne and Allen was the most common DT combination when we went to the four man front, but looking at their snap percentages I'd say that's incorrect

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

I was going to type out a longer response to this, but being this is one of the crazier things Ive seen on here this week, Ill just pass.

Say no to Donovan McNabb 2.0.

if you read the article on NBCSportsWashington you'll see how the writer makes sense of a Cam signing based on RR quotes over the past month and since he was hired. I think RR really loves Cam and he has had great success with him. While I think there are red flags and risks with bringing in Cam, there are also many questions with DH too. That's all for the head coach and GM to sort out. QB is such a key position and the fact is that we have no one besides DH right now....someone has to come to DC and chances are it will be a vet with starting experience.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

psst, don't quote images, it's against the rule.  You should probably edit your post before you get in trouble.

I took it down, but I wan't quoting the image, I was quoting on the comment the poster made about Newton and Belicheck being together. All good, thx.

23 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Sorry, but I honestly have no idea what Player Profiler is, nor have I ever seen them used seriously as a resource.  I do know that according to PFF, which every team in the league pays for, we have the following:

PFF Haskins / Murray:

Overall PFF Grade: 23rd/27th

Grade From Clean Pocket (their most stable metric): 17th/35th

Grade Under Pressure: 24th/20th

Positive Grade: 20th/34th

Negative Grade: 31st/24th

Big Time Throw %: 21st/18th

Turnover Worthy Play %: 5th/13th

On Target %: 35th/17th

3rd Down Grade: 19th/25th

And per NFL NextGen Stats:

Aggressiveness % (i.e. tight-window throws): 2nd/31st

Average Intended Air Yards: 10th/32nd

And per Pro Football Reference

Drop %: 3rd/31st

Haskins was far more aggressive than Murray in terms of throwing the ball downfield and throwing into tight windows, which is why advanced stats tell the story much more than stats without context do.  And I know I trust these stats over some random player profiler site.

Glad to see the stats but just watching and based on eyeball test, I liked what I saw as the season wore on with Haskins. He got better week-to-week. 

I am hopeful that with a full offseason with him as the starter that he will keep improving. Plus his receivers will be 2 years into being pros themselves.

Please, can someone get him a pass-catching TE. 

No way should we trade for Cam Newton. I don't think we're that stupid. If he gets released, however, I can see how RR and Snyder would be tempted. I'm not for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if that happens. If it does, expect Haskins to ask for a trade. Then we're into all kinds of drama. Yuck.

March 17th, 2020 at 11:35am CST by Zach Links

This hasn’t been a banner week for the Jets. After missing out on many of their top targets, many are wondering whether they’ll go for broke in order to land Redskins offensive tackle Trent Williams. For now, they’re holding their groun

The Redskins still want a second-round pick and the Jets are still unwilling to cough one up, Connor J. Hughes of The Athletic (Twitter link) hears. He adds that there’s no real sense of urgency on the Redskins’ side, either. From their perspective, they might be able to get the best haul possible after the draft in April, when there will be at least a few teams who walk away without any of their targeted protectors. The Redskins’ logic is (gulp) fairly sound on this one, though a current-year draft pick would hold more value for them than a 2021 choice.

The Jets wanted to sign guard Graham Glasgow – who would have been a big help on the interior – but he went with the Broncos instead. Their whiffs have not been limited to the offensive line, either. They’ve also lost out on cornerbacks James Bradberry and Byron Jones, plus outside linebacker Kyle Van Noy.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/03/jets-second-round-pick-trade-redskins-trent-williams

I agree about Newton. He's broken down, and he's a misogynistic narcissistic arse. His comments about being asked football related question by a female reporter are cringe worthy. 

I'm glad we aren't diving into this LB market. I love the new approach to FA. Be willing to spend huge on players that you love and will actually move the needle, but don't spend bigly on guys that are going to be paid just because they are the top FA at their position. I'm also relieved not to have 25 million locked up at OG. 

My knee jerk reaction on Cam Newton-- Hell no! He's a broken down, washed up, noodle armed remnant of the imposing qb who once put fear into the hearts and souls of defensive coaches and players for damn near a decade. What a joke it would be to sign him-- so Redskins like.

Then just for a moment I start to wonder... 

What IF what he really needed was a year off from football to rest his arm, his body, his mind, and his spirit. A brief pause to refresh and rejuvenate before one last great 2 to three year run at a trophy? 

Then I quickly come to my senses...

The NFL is a cruel unsympathetic mistress not a place where fairy tale endings come to life.

But...

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Sitting at home because of this stupid virus closing everything down. The NFL network has become the the Tom Brady channel for the day.

Thought I was alone.  Had to go into my DVR storage to watch some regular season games. 

I am nuts. Yes, I know. 

BTW, no amount of tape watching has convinced me about Morgan Moses. Penn out played him and to think Penn was playing on the Left side. 

1 minute ago, SumTingWong said:

My knee jerk reaction on Cam Newton-- Hell no! He's a broken down washed up noodle armed remnant of the once imposing qb who put fear into the hearts and souls of defensive coaches and players for damn near a decade. What a joke it would be to sign him-- so Redskins like.

Then just for a moment I start to wonder, what IF what he really needed was a year off from football to rest his arm, his body, his mind and his spirit a brief pause to refresh and rejuvenate before one last great 2 to three year run at a trophy? 

Then I quickly come to my senses. The NFL is a cruel unsympathetic mistress not a place where fairy tale endings come to life.

But...

Until that boy starts eating beef again, he will keep getting hurt.

So, mark me pretty pleased that at least on the free agent front, we haven't become the Panther-skins. I was a little worried about that given how Rivera constructed his coaching staff. Not that some wise poaching isn't good, but it sometimes speaks to a lack of imagination. Besides, if the reason why Rivera was fired was that his message got old and his players were tuning him out then those aren't the guys to bring in.

I think the nfl should fix two big holes in their desire to maintain competitive balance with a salary cap.

First, they should find a way to give relief to teams that sign players to huge contracts and that player suffers what is most likely a career ending injury, obviously Alex Smith being the prime example. 

You shouldn't be so badly punished for something that is out of your control.

Second, they need to increase the cap for teams that play in a state with an income tax.

It's not equal if you're starting your negotiating at a 6 percent disadvantage. 

Not that I wanted the skins to give cooper a massive deal but we shouldn't have to offer 106 million to match there 100 million dollar offer.

28 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

SIP, I can't cut/paste on this site.  Never have been able to but look up Fred Smoot's twitter ID.  He is asking fans to call in and give their opinion on what they would think if Brady were to come in a tutor Haskins for a couple years.  I'm thinking there may be something to this.  Hmmmm.

Archived