Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

45 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Based on non-advanced stats, without context, sure.

Anyway, the only real hang-up I can see that would make Brady pass on the Chargers is having to share a division with Mahomes and Reid.  Brady, more than anyone, knows the value of having a doormat division that guarantees a playoff berth every year.  It will be much tougher to win that division with Mahomes in it.  But then again, the same would be true playing in Tampa, going against Brees and Payton.

Haskins/Kyler Murray from Player Profiler:

True Passer Rating: 27th/16th

True Completion Pct: 22nd/15th

Play Action Comp Pct: 35th/25th

Red Zone Comp Pct: 53rd/24th

Deep Ball Comp Pct: 28th/6th

Pressured Comp Pct: 17th/26th

Clean Pocket Comp Pct: 26th/11th

Production Premium: 28th/24th

AYA: 34th/25thI

Accuracy Rating: 34th/18th

Dropped Passes: 22nd/19th

Using player profiler's efficiency markers, Murray beats Haskins on everything except for accuracy under pressure. If you want to look at the production #'s, Murray's #'s all sit between 9th and 20th if you throw out the best and worst of them (1st and 21st) while Haskins was in the 30's or worse in everything except for supporting cast efficiency (24th), Danger Plays (29th) and team pass plays per game (28th).

So not surprisingly, Murray does best him and quite easily. 

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Cam is a very interesting proposition.  The deal and the extension would have to be very team-friendly to realistically consider.

What a nightmare, from Boonell to McNabb to Alex Smith, now Cam? We just refuse to take our medicine and suck properly (if we were to sign him). Just so frustrating to even imagine this happening. 

56 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

Would you guys trade Haskins and next years 2nd rounder for Cam and extension of 4 years 70 miliion?

Not in a billion years. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Fairly surprised the Colts wouldn't rather have Brady, like nabbing Vinatieri. Rivers has been pretty bad the last couple of years and certainly hasn't been winning in a while. I'd rather have Brady. 

3 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Anderson would be a great get...he is DJax ll.

Don't know about that (I have to watch him some more), but people are definitely sleeping on Robbie Anderson. I had him in fantasy football towards to end of the year and he was BALLIN. Especially when Darnold came back. He basically became their #1 WR over Crowder. 

15 minutes ago, oraphus said:

nobody is giving Newton away.. no way skins trade for him

Not sure, they aren't in a situation with lots of leverage, weirdly. He needs a new contract. He's been injured and teams are gonna find it hard to get clarity on his injuries now. They want an amicable parting as soon as possible given they can't have him around with the new QB...and they are on the verge of giving Bridgewater a 3/60 deal. 

Edit: and looks like he's getting released possibly. No leverage, like I said.

1 minute ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Cam Newton just released by Panthers.  Ron please do not bring him to the Skins.  

Can you show a link where he was released.  Im following twitter non stop I don't see it.

5 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Haskins/Kyler Murray from Player Profiler:

True Passer Rating: 27th/16th

True Completion Pct: 22nd/15th

Play Action Comp Pct: 35th/25th

Red Zone Comp Pct: 53rd/24th

Deep Ball Comp Pct: 28th/6th

Pressured Comp Pct: 17th/26th

Clean Pocket Comp Pct: 26th/11th

Production Premium: 28th/24th

AYA: 34th/25thI

Accuracy Rating: 34th/18th

Dropped Passes: 22nd/19th

Using player profiler's efficiency markers, Murray beats Haskins on everything except for accuracy under pressure. If you want to look at the production #'s, Murray's #'s all sit between 9th and 20th if you throw out the best and worst of them (1st and 21st) while Haskins was in the 30's or worse in everything except for supporting cast efficiency (24th), Danger Plays (29th) and team pass plays per game (28th).

So not surprisingly, Murray does best him and quite easily. 

Sorry, but I honestly have no idea what Player Profiler is, nor have I ever seen them used seriously as a resource.  I do know that according to PFF, which every team in the league pays for, we have the following:

PFF Haskins / Murray:

Overall PFF Grade: 23rd/27th

Grade From Clean Pocket (their most stable metric): 17th/35th

Grade Under Pressure: 24th/20th

Positive Grade: 20th/34th

Negative Grade: 31st/24th

Big Time Throw %: 21st/18th

Turnover Worthy Play %: 5th/13th

On Target %: 35th/17th

3rd Down Grade: 19th/25th

And per NFL NextGen Stats:

Aggressiveness % (i.e. tight-window throws): 2nd/31st

Average Intended Air Yards: 10th/32nd

And per Pro Football Reference

Drop %: 3rd/31st

Haskins was far more aggressive than Murray in terms of throwing the ball downfield and throwing into tight windows, which is why advanced stats tell the story much more than stats without context do.  And I know I trust these stats over some random player profiler site.

2 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Cam Newton just released by Panthers.  Ron please do not bring him to the Skins.  

Seriously! The honeymoon period will end with Ron sooner than it began if he brings In Newton. Newton’s health issues, recent lack of productivity and attitude problems aside, it would demonstrate a downright unhealthy addiction to all things Panthers. 

Archived