Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Yep, Schefter confirmed Brady to Bucs.  Well, hopefully the Jets will still give us their two 3rds for TW or the Chargers will still deal their 2nd and draft a QB.  

I'm still not seeing this

16 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2020-03-17-tom-brady-will-reportedly-sign-with-tampa-bay-buccaneers/

Brady to Bucs supposedly (only place I've seen it), according to Colin Cowherd.  

I don't know why he would choose Tampa over Chargers.  Chargers seem to be closer to winning than Tampa.  

This also would hurt our TW situation.  Maybe Tampa would want to upgrade over Donovan Smith at LT.  They have the cap space, and he has not been worth his sizable contract.   

I know I'm literally a minority of one here but I've always felt that the best utilization of Trent as an asset for the team is not acquiring a deflated draft pick (as his value really couldn't be lower) but having him humbled and motivated to play for the Skins.

The fact that apparently no one has agreed to his contract demands has to have a humbling effect on him (or so I would think). It may even motivate him to prove his value by playing hard for us and becoming a free agent next year-- just when the salary keep is expected to explode with a brand new tv/streaming deal. 

All that's needed is for him to cool down and have a mutually face saving true come to Jesus sit down with RR over beer and ribs (for more than the 5 minutes they've spent together so far).

Hopefully they can both feel each other out and come to a non-emotional decision about what's in the best interest of all involved. Maybe Rivera guarantees a token portion of his salary next year or offers some other olive branch.

This doesn't have to be the end of Trent as a Redskin. Who knows, perhaps a season of RiveraSkins may have a rejuvenated Trent wanting to end his career here.

10 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2020-03-17-tom-brady-will-reportedly-sign-with-tampa-bay-buccaneers/

Brady to Bucs supposedly (only place I've seen it), according to Colin Cowherd.  

I don't know why he would choose Tampa over Chargers.  Chargers seem to be closer to winning than Tampa.  

This also would hurt our TW situation.  Maybe Tampa would want to upgrade over Donovan Smith at LT.  They have the cap space, and he has not been worth his sizable contract.   

The Bucs were 7-9 last year.  They've got weapons and Brady's more impacted by inside pressure then outside.  The Bucs were -13 in turnovers also, mainly due to Winston.  Get that on the + side and they're a playoff team.  Plus he gets to plays in nice weather/dome division.  No late season trips to KC or Denver.  

7 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Aren't Dalton and Cam still under contract? If so, they aren't free agents until and unless they are released. They are however potentially tradeable assets but any unauthorized contact or offers from another team would be in clear violation of league rules and subject to penalty at the commissioner's discretion.

You're right. But they may as well be free agents since their respective teams have made it clear they are not wanted (which is actually contacting the entire league). I guess we'll see what terms the Bengals and Panthers are looking for. I assume they'll get draft picks. Either way, I don't think the first two draft picks are as set in stone as they were a couple days ago. Plus with the Redskins being fairly inactive so far, I worry they'll miss an opportunity. As a matter of fact, I said this about a year ago that I am not sure how well Kyle (or Ron) would be in negotiating with other teams. They're both new to this. The one thing I can say is that that BA was supposedly well respected in that regard (negotiations). You figure all the rumored player acquisitions we thought we'd see in FA and none ended up here besides Fuller (who probably never wanted to leave)? Just makes me say hmm....

6 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

I know I'm literally a minority of one here but I've always felt that the best utilization of Trent as an asset for the team is not acquiring a deflated draft pick (as his value really couldn't be lower) but having him humbled and motivated to play for the Skins.

The fact that apparently no one has agreed to his contract demands has to have a humbling effect on him (or so I would think). It may even motivate him to prove his value by playing hard for us and becoming a free agent next year-- just when the salary keep is expected to explode with a brand new tv/streaming deal. 

All that's needed is for him to cool down and have a mutually face saving true come to Jesus sit down with RR over beer and ribs (for more than the 5 minutes they've spent together so far).

Hopefully they can both feel each other out and come to a non-emotional decision about what's in the best interest of all involved. Maybe Rivera guarantees a token portion of his salary next year or offers some other olive branch.

This doesn't have to be the end of Trent as a Redskin. Who knows, perhaps a season of RiveraSkins may have a rejuvenated Trent wanting to end his career here.

Or he could be pissed enough that after all the success he's had as an LT, all the money and draft picks being thrown around no one is willing to sign or trade for him so he hangs it up. 

As time goes by I’m becoming more and more confused by who it is we actually are targeting

Was it only Cooper I know we are only onto the second day but the high end free agents seem to be dropping like flies

Also what’s with all the hate for Cam? I get we shouldn’t be interested but there’s no need to slag the guy off when healthy he is pure mustard

25 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

T Bay definitely has better WRs in Evans and Godwin over LA's Allen and Williams (although add in TE Henry and RB Ekeler, there are good options in the pass game), and I'd take Arians over Lynn any day.  But LA has a better defense, only to get better if they add Simmons or Okudah at #6, and a much better oline.  Head scratcher for sure.  

Maybe moving out of the AFC was a perk for him?  Less likely to cross paths with the Pats?

Yeah, but those uniforms. My Lord!

4 minutes ago, carex said:

Or he could be pissed enough that after all the success he's had as an LT, all the money and draft picks being thrown around no one is willing to sign or trade for him so he hangs it up. 

Just had a thought. I wonder what LTs opinion is on Haskins as QB? I wonder if that could be a part of his wanting to leave as well? I like Haskins, but if he's not really ready as Ryan so eloquently put it out to the world (which is ****ed up IMO), than I could see Trent wanting to win while getting top dollar. I agree Trent hasn't showed top dollar performance of late so he better have that meeting with the almighty soon.

5 minutes ago, drowland said:

The Bucs were 7-9 last year.  They've got weapons and Brady's more impacted by inside pressure then outside.  The Bucs were -13 in turnovers also, mainly due to Winston.  Get that on the + side and they're a playoff team.  Plus he gets to plays in nice weather/dome division.  No late season trips to KC or Denver.  

19 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Easier conference.  Best WR duo in the NFL.  Two good TEs.  Really good defense on the cusp.  Makes sense to me.  

20 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I don't think the Tampa situation is half bad... Great receivers.   Decent & respected coach...   Brady would be a big upgrade at QB and that team could do something .

Valid points.  Maybe its more of a toss up that I originally thought.

I see the Chargers as a team that was 12-4 in 2018, had a lot of injuries in 2019, and lost a lot of close games in 2019 (9 one possession losses!), and a lot had to do with poor QB play.  I remember a lot of highlights of Rivers boneheaded 4th quarter plays.  

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sports-columnists/story/2019-12-31/chargers-canepa-report-card-2019-season-rivers-lynn-fredo-spanos

Going off of this report card, offense was hurt by Rivers and injuries.  They also got a D for LBs and in the secondary.  Adding Isaiah simmons at 6 would help, getting Derwin James will help as well (11 games missed in 2019).  Joey Bosa, Casey Hayward, and Melvin Ingram are good players.  That defense could make a big turnaround this year.  

If they trade for Trent Williams, he would be surrounded by Mike Pouncey and Trai Turner, along with respected prosepcts Dan Feeney and Forrest Lamp.  Allen, Williams, Henry and Ekeler are a balanced group of weapons. 

As far as division, both AFC West and NFC South have elite teams (Chiefs and Saints), along with 2 other mediocre at best divisional opponents.  That's probably a wash.   

https://www.radio.com/sports/nfl/2020-nfl-strength-of-schedule-rankings

Chargers tied for 10th in SOS, Bucs tied for 16th.  (to be taken with a grain of salt)

Never mind you get to bring your super model wife to LA, along with launching 199 Productions, seemed to make the Chargers all the more sweeter. 

But off-the-field stuff aside, Chargers seemed to me to be more attractive to win now.  However, Arians is a well respected offensive mind.  Brady was probably looking for control over roster and offensive game planning / play calling, which maybe the Bucs agreed to.  And i'm sure the Bucs gave Brady assurances they will spend the rest of their remaining cap dollars to go for a title in 2020. 

I know living in New England will be interesting this fall! 

36 minutes ago, skins2victory said:

That would be great. Ron has talked about us bringing in a Vet QB to compete with Haskins. If that happened maybe they would release Mitchell Trubisky, and we could bring him in to compete with Haskins. Id be fine with that.

All of this is fine except Mitch sucks.

34 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

I wonder where Winston will end up.

Wherever it is, I hope they have good crab legs.  We know he loves crab legs.  

4 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Skins sign Kevin Pierre-Louis for 1 yr 3.45M

Who and nobody seems to have confirmed this yet.

4 minutes ago, Lovi said:

Skins sign Kevin Pierre-Louis for 1 yr 3.45M

Ourlads had him listed as Will LB in 4-3 prior to 2014 season, the year he was a 4th round pick.  

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/archive/162/SEA

Coupled with the Bostic re-signing, and we have to believe SDH and Holcomb will remain in tow, probably Ryan Anderson and JHC too, it seems like RR wants to spend a season seeing what we have at LB before making a big move.  Coach em up RR and JHC!

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Just how many linebackers are we keeping on this team lol. Makes me think the FO doesn't like any of them and hopes they can throw bargain bin picks at the wall and have one of them stick.

Archived