Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

7 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

This “new” front office is ****ing garbage. They filled one hole of slot corner, got worse on OL, and lost all leverage in a Trent trade. This is a re-skinned Bruce regime and you homers will fall for it for the next 2 years.

Couldn't agree more! The '20 season is already lost, none of the players "Riverboat Ron" has drafted in Washington have made the Hall of Fame yet AND don't even get me started on us missing the paloffs his entire tenure here!

#FireRiverboatRon

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Conservative spending aside, they are running out of excuses for not resigning Scherff or restructuring Kerrigan.

There's really no need to restructure Kerrigan the way they're going.  They're sitting on all this cap space still and the big ticket items are off the shelves.

3 minutes ago, SmurfsAndHogs said:

That, or they are letting the market set itself to use that as a starting point for negotiations, rather than the franchise tag price  point.

But the Market has set itself already at G, there are no other huge talent G’s left to sign. The top two Scherff and Thuney are franchised. Just take the plunge!

1 minute ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Omg. I can't with this fanbase.

He’s a troll, not a fan.

just talked to my bears fans buddies and they are bummed to see the French ILB leave. They said he played really well when both of the bears LBs went down and at that price he’s a huge bargain. Sooo we’re chalk full of depth if nothing else. If Foster were sure to be back then this would be a bit of a head scratcher, but I like the potential and look forward to a good position battle. I trust that del rio will bring the best out of this bunch.

enough with the homer offseason optimism, lets make a damn splash.

giphy.gif

Just now, justice98 said:

There's really no need to restructure Kerrigan the way they're going.  They're sitting on all this cap space still and the big ticket items are off the shelves.

Right but you want to keep him on the team after this season, and I think they’ve stated they want to do, I think it’d be more prudent to do it now. Plus, is he still worth what we will pay him this year instead of a restructure? He was a prime cut candidate at his current number. It’s just a thought.

Just now, TryTheBeal! said:

3-13 is the exact reason why we shouldn’t be reaching and overpaying guys.

There’s a difference between reaching and overpaying and filling some holes that won’t be filled in the draft. I’m not advocating to go nuts but I’m not gonna lie and say I’m very concerned about the shape of our OL. 

I would expect Brissett to go back to New England, he makes a lot of sense for them. I think he's adequate, classic backup/bottom quartile starter type. He's the kind of guy you bring in as a bridge because he doesn't force you to go into denial about whether you need to draft a QB or not, if you're starter is Brissett, you need to draft a QB (and I say this as a guy who loved Brissett and had him even with Dak more or less in that QB class from four or five years ago). 

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Witten...Retire.

Your crossing patterns were slower than Electric Football last year.  

No sympathy if he starts whining on the CTE stuff in a few years.

I look at it a bit differently. This is a massive FU to the Cowboys. He is their all time receptions leader and was brought back largely because of his leadership. By all accounts he had a very frustrating season and for him to choose another team over the booth means something. 

32 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

This “new” front office is ****ing garbage. They filled one hole of slot corner, got worse on OL, and lost all leverage in a Trent trade. This is a re-skinned Bruce regime and you homers will fall for it for the next 2 years.

They arent off to a good start for sure. If they put all their eggs in the Cooper basket and while waiting for him didnt go after Hopkins, Hooper, or a CB they blew it! Not to mention wanting to pay Cooper 20mil or more is also a red flag.

I do like getting Fuller back.  It’s a good move.  Especially since when you think about it, this is all under new management that wasn’t too familiar with him when he was here.  Somebody put a word in, I’m guessing.  According to ESPN, we offered Amari Cooper 10 mil more than Dallas.  I don’t like throwing that much money at a Cowboy, but that’s me......  And he didn’t end up taking it anyway.

Kendall Fuller played safety for the Chiefs, right? If that's the case, I'm cool with Moreland playing the slot (with a year of game-time experience under his belt) and putting Fuller back there with Collins. Good disciplined guys with great play recognition. I also think Moreau showed signs of maturation last year. Dunbar is still a question mark but in a contract year, so I would think he could be categorized as hungry. His best bet is to meditate, do some yoga with a CBD ventilator...whatever he needs to do to chill on this contract ****, stay healthy and ball out. I still think we draft a Del Rio type CB.

40 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Conservative spending aside, they are running out of excuses for not resigning Scherff or restructuring Kerrigan.

Trent needs to also put the pipe down and come to grips with reality.

I have no idea what they are doing, I think these guys wanted to spend a boat load on Cooper and saved for it and they had no plan B. Exactly who are they saving this cap space for exactly.

Archived