Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

It's nice to see Fuller back, though at more money than I thought. Cooper could have been a great get. Losing him hurts. Would have really made the offseason and a player like him doesn't come around that often in free agency. That's one I think you look back on and think what if (even the money likely won't be an issue as salaries escalate). At this point it seems WR and TE are pretty tapped out. None of the remaining options make much sense for the Skins unless you get a guy on a one year deal. I guess FS and LB are still being looked at, with OL depth a possibility. And eventually someone to be a back-up QB.

7 hours ago, joeken24 said:

Gehlken trying to make the cowgirls look good by saying the Redskins offered over-the-top money. STHU and take ya 50/50 WR $100mil contract and throw a completion to him for once. 

Sheehan checked into into it this morning, he found out from Redskins sources they did offer more but Sheehan doesn't know if it was a lot more. 

1 hour ago, CPAllTheWay012 said:

Unpopular opinion/prediction: With the failed attempt of pursuing Amari Cooper, I could really see the Skins picking up Antonio Brown.  The price tag will be too alluring for the Dan Man to pass up.  

Of course in this AB scenario, they’d have to add some mental health professionals to the team with some contract contingencies for Brown.  And in the end, the Skin’s organization will be missing the point again because it’s the fans who need mental care after years of this circus. 

To frustrated Redskins fans:  We have to give this new regime a chance.  Overall, this is not a great crop of FAs.  Giving elite money to non-elite players because they are the best available is not good business.  Nor will it make a football team good or even better. 

We fans must be patient or be prepared to go mad.  A 3-13 team is not normally a free agent's first option.  These teams usually have to pay the most to get the best FAs.  And regarding FA how many teams do you think were happy with what transpired yesterday?  I'd say you can count them on one hand. 

We must be patient and see how FA, trades, and the draft shakes out.

7 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Allen is going to look like a stud as a penetrating 3 technique, in an attacking 4-3 designed to play the run on the way to the QB. He’s in for a big year. 

I thought I read that Del Rio liked to use a 2 gap system?

How will he be a penetrating 3 tech playing 2 gap?

MLB:  For me Littleton or Schubert

SLB: Jordan Jenkins if they think he's a fit at OLB.  Vic Beasley -- same thought as on Jenkins. 

FS: Tre Boston, or Randall

CB: Logan Ryan or Breelend or Waynes

My top pick right now would be Littleton.

I'd have liked Cooper for the simple season that this team lacks stud players, we got plenty of good players but not studs IMO.  Not sure Cooper is a stud but he's close enough.  If they are determined to give Haskins some playmakers in FA at WR and TE, the pickings are slim post yesterday, not that they were hot from the beginning.

I'd go then Robbie Anderson WR.  But at this point, am cool going with the draft for WR. 

TE is really tough for me.  Anything is really a temporarily bandaid.   Witten, Eifert.

I am not a big Ebron guy, many think he's soft, with a rep of late of not being a willing blocker.  I am not into Sanders at 33, WRs tend to drop off at that age.  If they are losing Trent for sure then maybe Peters or Penn. 

Really happy to see Fuller back and his contract is the same as what the Eagles gave Jaylen Mills. Fuller > Mills all day every day. Where are all the naysayers who were freaking out about us not being involved in FA. Like I mentioned just stay patient. 

Im so glad Cooper turned us down as he is not worth it. As far as wideouts, I would like to see Perriman instead of Anderson. Young guy who has some speed and size. He tore it up the last few games in Tampa last year. His upside is higher than any other other remaining receiver in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

I saw a tweet I can't find now but interesting point.  Without the ability to meet/greet and pass a physical, it's unlikely TW is traded any time soon.  Teams are going to want to look him over and make sure he can pass a physical.

If it was the same one I saw that was just Chad Ryan speculating. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

SLB: Jordan Jenkins if they think he's a fit at OLB.  Vic Beasley -- same thought as on Jenkins. 

I'd have liked Cooper for the simple season that this team lacks stud players, we got plenty of good players but not studs IMO.  Not sure Cooper is a stud but he's close enough.  If they are determined to give Haskins some playmakers in FA at WR and TE, the pickings are slim post yesterday, not that they were hot from the beginning.

I'd go then Robbie Anderson WR.  But at this point, am cool going with the draft for WR. 

TE is really tough for me.  Anything is really a temporarily bandaid.   Witten, Eifert.

I am not a big Ebron guy, many think he's soft.  I am not into Sanders at 33, WRs tend to drop off at that age.  If they are losing Trent for sure then maybe Peters or Penn. 

Pretty much nailed it for me. I really like how this is going.

I LOVE Fullers versatility as long as we didn't sign him to exclusively play FS. The idea of him being a second cover safety at times, freeing Collins to play attack mode is exciting and fits the JDR scheme. 

Harris is still in play IMO. Maybe part of a deal with Trent now that they have cap?

I'd also like to see Bash come back at CB and Dunnie moved, which will happen eventually. 

Both of their value might regain some momentum at camp time or post draft.

Littleton and FS (Boston>Randall) are definitely my top 2 wants.

I'm glad we didn't land Cooper and that WR2 spot is wide open. Funchess is the guy I'd be happy about. The rest is meh. 

Only way I'd be happy with Ebron, is if we don't add another WR, otherwise I want a real TE. Nobody really out there, so it makes your draft stance pretty important.

So far, so good though.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not a big Ebron guy, many think he's soft, with a rep of late of not being a willing blocker.  I am not into Sanders at 33, WRs tend to drop off at that age.  If they are losing Trent for sure then maybe Peters or Penn. 

Those that I have bolded, especially Boston I like but I'd take Randall too.  He's been injured as of late but is good.  I think we are done with the LBs maybe I'm wrong.  I hope we go the route of the draft for TE.  I emphasized in my last post to you I'd trade a 5th for Harris and maybe a 7th but to me, our 4ths and above are untouchable. 

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

It would have to be our 5th round pick though.  I want us to keep both of our 4ths.

For Harris? I'd be all over a 4rth for one of the leagues best FSs and our biggest position of need on what might be a special defense. 

I'd love to see Trent and a 5th for the Vikings 2nd and Harris.

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If it was the same one I saw that was just Chad Ryan speculating. 

Mike Lombardi on the Junkies is talking about this very problem and how teams are taking a leap of faith without being able to do a physical.  🙂

3 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Im so glad Cooper turned us down as he is not worth it. As far as wideouts, I would like to see Perriman instead of Anderson. Young guy who has some speed and size. He tore it up the last few games in Tampa last year. His upside is higher than any other other remaining receiver in my opinion. 

I like Perriman's size and ability, but something seems a little off about him, he's one of those low ceiling Harmon type guys. If that is his ceiling I'd rather pass and draft a later guy. His production has been pretty meh and this will be his 4th team in 5 years. Pass for me.

2 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Why? Are you hoping that we might be able to pick up a good starting Safety with that 4th rounder?

We have many needs, bowhunter and we can't fill them with quality players with our cap space in FA.  We need all the ammo we have with our 4ths up.  I did say a 5th and one of our 7ths I'd do.  JMO.  :)

Archived