Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

Definitely understand the "not an attractive destination" for offensive free agents. There is a lot of question marks. Important that they don't overpay for FA talent. Hopefully this is the last offseason we have to deal with it. Offensively just need a 2nd tier/3rd tier OT and TE to compete with rookies and build from there. 

1 hour ago, RawRebel said:

Does anyone here like Funchess? Hes the youngest wideout still available in free agency. 

I'm hoping the Redskins go after burners as opposed to possession receivers.  I'd prefer Anderson, maybe even philip dorsett.  Harmon and cam sims can handle the possession receiver role.  Let's add some speed to open things up for DH.

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Brady goes to the Chargers good chance that TW might be called upon to protect his blindside and hopefully take less money.  Their #37 pick would be welcoming. :)

1 minute ago, max21 said:

Brady leaving this makes me very happy. Those fans aren’t going to know what to do. Welcome to irrelevance New England 

They will feel the pain of not winning the division like they have.  No doubt.  Brady pretty much made that team a successful one along with BB.

48 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Im aware, it was a hypothetical just to gauge the board.  

Then yes, I'd have given Guice and a 2nd for Hopkins and a 4th, assuming Hopkins doesn't have any behind the scenes crap going on.

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm hoping the Redskins go after burners as opposed to possession receivers.  I'd prefer Anderson, maybe even philip dorsett.  Harmon and cam sims can handle the possession receiver role.  Let's add some speed to open things up for D

I like Funchess on the cheap only.

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm hoping the Redskins go after burners as opposed to possession receivers.  I'd prefer Anderson, maybe even philip dorsett.  Harmon and cam sims can handle the possession receiver role.  Let's add some speed to open things up for DH.

Keep and eye on Sanders.  He's a great locker room presence and can be had, I think for 9 to 10 mill a year on a 2 year deal with a 3rd year option.  Just a guess.  :)

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Then yes, I'd have given Guice and a 2nd for Hopkins and a 4th, assuming Hopkins doesn't have any behind the scenes crap going on.

I like Funchess on the cheap only.

I think RR wants a vet burner and Sanders fits that profile.  We shall see though.

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Harris but I'd be stunned if they got a 2nd rounder let alone a first for him.  I could see a third-4th?  But will see.  

I wouldn't trade anything above a 5th for Harris albeit I like Harris a lot.  I would give up a higher pick if I were one of those teams who are loaded with them, which isn't us.   As for linebackers, I am not sure, I wonder who the strong LB is -- Holcomb?

I don't disagree it may be less, however I don't think you franchise a guy aiming for a 4th/5th.  Maybe they only get 2nd or 3rd, but I think if the plan was to trade, they franchise and aim higher than mid-late overall pick.

Just now, RWJ said:

Keep and eye on Sanders.  He's a great locker room presence and can be had, I think for 9 to 10 mill a year on a 2 year deal with a 3rd year option.  Just a guess.  :)

Thats too high... i would for 5-7 for one year with a second year option

We need to deal Dunbar and a Silverback to get the draft capital to target WR in round 2/3. There is zero reason to go after any of the remaining WR’s considering cost versus upside other than Anderson and he’s too much of a head case. Hoping the LAC rumors of interest in Silverback/Brady combo are true. 

1 minute ago, panahoo said:

Thats too high... i would for 5-7 for one year with a second year option

Dude made 10 mill plus last year.  He won't play for what you quoted.  He may for 9 mill a year.  He produces year in and out.  

9 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

W00t TB12 to DC!

Book it

Don't sleep on it...I could see RR making a play just to try and revive the franchise and show DH how to play QB in this league. Doubt he'd come to DC but I can see RR exploring it.

2 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

We need to deal Dunbar and a Silverback to get the draft capital to target WR in round 2/3. There is zero reason to go after any of the remaining WR’s considering cost versus upside other than Anderson and he’s too much of a head case. Hoping the LAC rumors of interest in Silverback/Brady combo are true. 

Anderson would be a great get...he is DJax ll.

1 minute ago, kingdaddy said:

Don't sleep on it...I could see RR making a play just to try and revive the franchise and show DH how to play QB in this league. Doubt he'd come to DC but I can see RR exploring it.

He's going to Vegas, but I get where you're coming from. 

10 hours ago, Lovi said:

He got 20 MIL per and we offered “significantly” more money?  How the heck much did we offer?

The source for that report is either the agent or someone from the Cowboys side as it doesn't serve the Skins for that information to be released at all. They both have an interest in making Cooper appear to have done the fan friendly thing by resigning with Jerruh with the noble purpose of winning a Lombardi-- money be damned!

But what does "significantly" really mean? Is that a relative term or does it have the same value for every observer?

For all we know on paper our offer could have appeared "significantly" better at first glance but in reality the differences could be debatable if not outright negligible and essentially non-existent. Details are everything in evaluating any signed agreement. 

And the details of an unaccepted verbal offer will forever remain in the realm of speculation, rumor and hearsay. Perfect territory for media spin.

15 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I'm still not convinced Cam Sims can actually play.

11 minutes ago, max21 said:

Brady leaving this makes me very happy. Those fans aren’t going to know what to do. Welcome to irrelevance New England 

Bill is still the head coach.  Matt Castle went 11-4 as the starter when Brady got hurt week 1 in 2008.  I find it hard to believe that they will be irrelevant with Bill being the head coach.  Dominant?  probably not, unless they hit the jackpot at QB in the draft, FA or trade for one. 

Irrelevance for NE now would be becoming a 9-10 win team and possibly a wild card playoff team for a few years.  I don't see them just suddenly being a 3-6 win team each year if Brady is truly gone.

12 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I think Dunbar has to stay.  Signing Fuller and letting Dunbar walk is a neutral move.  You still wind up needing a corner then.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Winter isnt over, yall, it's tough, but I dont see us being able to influx the talent we need this offseason for a quick turnaround.  Respectable, but forget the playoffs at this rate.

I don't expect the playoffs but not ruling it out either.

This league is fluid and for all we know the current young players on the roster MIGHT make a leap.

Basically, I'm not making any assumptions this early in either direction.

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

I'm still not convinced Cam Sims can actually play.

I'm not sure funchess can either.  Would funchess be a significant upgrade over Harmon and sims?  I'm not sure.  But I know he will cost significantly more.  If we could get funchess for 3 or 4 mil per, id be ok with that, but anything more we might as well roll with those 2 and allocate the money elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I don't see them just suddenly being a 3-6 win team each year if Brady is truly gone.

God I would love that. **** them.

They still have a good organization--even if their owner likes an occasional rub n' tug. That means a lot. Like you, I don't see them becoming the Texans...dammit.

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I don't expect the playoffs but not ruling it out either.

This league is fluid and for all we know the current young players on the roster MIGHT make a leap.

Basically, I'm not making any assumptions this early in either direction.

It's fair to stay optimistic. Jus think we in wrong conference to sneak in with a gaping hole in the backend of our defense and lack of talent on offense. 

The oline has me nervous AF right now, theres no way this is a playoff team without Trent, its proving too hard to get talent to come here in FA and we wont budge on not trading down for more picks.  

We need more talent then we are showing we can get right now.

Archived