Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Posters Are the Best

Jumbo

i realize this is kind of a lightweight forum-serving topic, but i'm sincere about it and think it's on the money

i'm also content to see this fall off the page rather quickly since it may be a stretch to make a lot of dialogue about it without seeming like we're just glad-handing each other, but you guys deserve the shout out---especially some of you true longtime steady high end contributors---wow you guys rock as the kids say

you guys have suffered under a badly performing and poorly managed franchise for a very long time, with only a few redeeming spurts of pleasure from success on the field

yet you show up and post month in month out year after year, and far and away for the most part do so with intelligence, humor, and loyalty to the team (even with harsh criticism) and to this forum

then, despite the near 100% downtrodden nature of being a 'skins fan, as soon as a ray of actual progress breaks through these perpetual dark clouds, you guys are quickly revitalized while staying realistic, and resume posting all kinds of interesting discussions and worthwhile information on all the rapidly mounting and significant changes

and you do it with energy---somehow not all drained away---and quality effort

i lurked here for a year or more, joined figuring it would be brief, and here i still am...i would never have expected it

the only other "social" internet activity i had when i started had been posting a little on wapo's little football corner whatever it was, where there were also some guys who went on to become es'ers too

i never joined any other site of any kind, and that was true until i retired last year and have joined a couple audio specialty sites (my first career/lifelong love) but i just read...i don't do facebook or twitter or any other social internet stuff...this was/is it (i used to get the names mixed up as facespace and mybook)

and that's not just because this place is dedicated to the redskins, though that's the initial draw and the glue that holds it all together...it's because of the quality---key to me---of the content provided by so many ES members over all these years and often under the most trying of circumstances for redskins fans

i read around....i'm a tad discerning and a smidge fussy...and this remains the best place to talk redskins football even when the material to draw from has long been mostly a sea of suck

hopefully---i know i'm one of the most cynical here 'skins-wise, but apparently can still be open to hope---we'll have more positives to post on in 2020---it's off to a good start 

so thanks to all of you ES posters (inc staff) for all that you do that makes this such a special place for so many of us

:)

• Jumbo changed the title to ES Posters Are the Best

No ****?...well hell..thanks to you to jumbo..you have been here for a minute...I've always remembered your name..you have banned me before for good cause and it pissed me off, I ****ing hated you..I pissed and moaned to my wife about this jumbo ****er while she laughed at me...again, your doing your job that i respect and you have shown me respect and...love?...so i dont know you..at all..but here..I like you,and enjoy your posts..thanks man.

No **** jumbo..you banning me has made me a hell of a lot better of a member..THANK YOU JUMBO!!!..I have been here for several 14 plus years..maybe not a member the whole time..but I've been here and love it here..all the work everyone puts in...I sound like a god damn analyst for the redskins in my town here..soooo many people ask how u know so much..and I respond, thanks to good ole extremeskins..than they look at me funny..lol

Yeah, this is literally the only social media I’m on.  I get antsy when the internet is down.  This is a great family to be a part of.  

Thanks to all, especially the mods for the tireless work and clear cut (fair) rules that avoid all of the crap you’d find in other sites.  

I think we deserve a trophy... and I’ve got a very specific one in mind...

3 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Thanks to all YOU do, Jumbo. 

This place really is something special when you think through all we've endured as a fanbase. 

Hail. 

Second that. 

I certainly feel revitalized. All initial signs point to very good things are on the horizon for Redskins fans everywhere and there is no place I'd rather be to join in the fun and camaraderie than ES. Thanks to Jumbo and all the fantastic MOD's too!

Hard to believe that I have been on here almost 18 years...

Was actually worried the site was going to hell after it became the official Redskins site....every other thread was a "Lavar is God's gift and the greatest Skin of all time - what are we doing!??!"

Fortunately things eventually devolved back to normal. I miss so many of the old guard, especially Inmate (was reportedly terminally ill), One Dollar (rip), Om, Die Hard, BrandyMac, Blondie, and so many others.

When I first joined the forums in my early 20's this was one of many boards I visited daily, but over the years this is the one that has remained consistently active between The Stadium, Around the NFL, & Tailgate subs.  I just found my need to go to other forums dwindling (outside of needing anything super specific/specialized). 

It's hard to believe how much time has gone by since I first joined.  I am getting older, married, raising kids. Those things seemed almost like a foreign concept to me when I first signed up here.  I got to meet a lot of friendly people back in the day because of these forums. 

Here is to me growing even older, yet still checking in daily!

20 hours ago, Jumbo said:

so thanks to all of you ES posters (inc staff) for all that you do that makes this such a special place for so many of us

:)

I thought this thread was going to be about ES motivational posters like this one:

mFbppLw.jpg

You had to wonder whether it was coming, right?  :)

This site has helped me as a Redskins fan, the **** we had to endure has been excruciating.  Maybe with this new year and new coach and Bruce gone the pendulum may start to swing the other way.  Who knows??   But, either way the ES board will help me thru!!  

Archived