Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Posters Are the Best

Jumbo

5 hours ago, Jumbo said:

ok

i've reviewed myself and there are two guys (not talking about in the thread) that i've decided really aren't "the best"

i will announce a contest in april to see if you can guess who they are to win prizes

you can post your guesses here (mods do not count as a selection---everyone knows the mods suck here)

i will reveal their names on day one of the 2020 draft

Party Posse and SoCalFan

On a related note, can someone start a thread for whomever may be coming here to Vegas for the Draft? It'd be cool to have a crew of us representing.

12 hours ago, Jumbo said:

ok

i've reviewed myself and there are two guys (not talking about in the thread) that i've decided really aren't "the best"

i will announce a contest in april to see if you can guess who they are to win prizes

you can post your guesses here (mods do not count as a selection---everyone knows the mods suck here)

i will reveal their names on day one of the 2020 draft

bad-feeling.png

On 1/3/2020 at 9:02 AM, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Counterpoint: We are not.

I see you struggling against your station lately, and perhaps there was a time when you could have gotten away.  But it's too late for you now, you're one of us.  The night soil men of internet football fan bases.  I suggest you follow twa's example and learn to haul your cart off to the dung wharf with good cheer.

Thanks for the kind words Jumbo! The mods keep this a great place to come and be able to discuss, argue, get things off your chest but still remain in the confines of civility. That makes ES a very unique place in this age of social media. It is directly due to the mods here. So thank you right back!

To the posters - yes even the ones I disagree with - I really appreciate the different views, even if I don't express that position very well sometimes - we all like to be right!  This site has helped my general communication skills in making a point while staying within certain confines - again keeping it civil. We all push the edge from time to time. But in the end most stay in bounds and if they don't it's nice to know they will not be here very long.

I do not spend much if any time on Facebook. I definitely do not spend any time on twitter, or anything like Instagram etc. So I really appreciate the people who are on those sites and their posting here. I just do not have the time or patience to sift through the mountains of garbage posted on those sources to get the few meaningful pieces of information. So to all those who do that dirty work and post their finds here Thank you!  

19 hours ago, Jumbo said:

giphy.gif

• 2 months later...

bumping this becuase i noted that appreciative emotional feeling and positive intellectual stimulation/distraction i had again this  a.m. just reading the main active threads in stadium

the stalwart regs here---which inc. so many really knowledgeable posters by proportion imo---are doing their usual stellar job of providing tons of excellent info in all forms, much of it taking real work and energy

for those of us whom, for whatever reason, are more of "mainly read" these days, their efforts in providing content, however it may serve their own needs, are doing many of us a great service in the process as has always bee4n true, but of course it means more than ever to more than a few i'm sure during these times

so again, i (and i'm sure all the mods agree) just want to thank all of you loyal stadium dwellers in particular for what you do here---you guys are the "why" this site exists (and please don't feel a need to thank es staff in return de rigueur---this is about your contributions:))

keep it coming :D

Archived