Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BR: Bruce Allen Reportedly to Be Fired as Redskins President of Football Operations

Reaper Skins

Well well well... just read Profootball talk report Allen may go to Rams as a consultant- poor McVay if that happens.  I do not believe the Rams 

would be that dumb to hire Allen but they claim he has connections with them.  Buckle up for more non-sense rumors for the next 24-48 hours.

The Danny needs to ignore the disinformation coming from the Prince of Darkness public relations machine.  Let Allen resign from Skins asap.

Let the fans celebrate he will be gone completely from the Redskins.

8 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Well well well... just read Profootball talk report Allen may go to Rams as a consultant- poor McVay if that happens.  I do not believe the Rams 

would be that dumb to hire Allen but they claim he has connections with them.  Buckle up for more non-sense rumors for the next 24-48 hours.

The Danny needs to ignore the disinformation coming from the Prince of Darkness public relations machine.  Let Allen resign from Skins asap.

Let the fans celebrate he will be gone completely from the Redskins.

You got it! this definitely seems like something planted by allen. Dude is a 100% snake.

7 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Well well well... just read Profootball talk report Allen may go to Rams as a consultant- poor McVay if that happens.  I do not believe the Rams would be that dumb to hire Allen...

Stan Kroenke was the guy who kept Jeff Fisher gainfully employed for a seemingly endless number of 7-9 seasons. Now that the new stadium in Inglewood is almost finished, it wouldn't surprise me if Kroenke returns to his former tightwad ways. Bruce would fit right in.

1 minute ago, profusion said:

Stan Kroenke was the guy who kept Jeff Fisher gainfully employed for a seemingly endless number of 7-9 seasons. Now that the new stadium in Inglewood is almost finished, it wouldn't surprise me if Kroenke returns to his former tightwad ways. Bruce would fit right in.

Stan is the only other owner dumb enough to hire him.  Jeff Fisher and what he has done with Arsenal speak volumes.

5 hours ago, ntotoro said:

He needs to be more than just out of football operations, he needs to be out of the building. Preferably out of the Commonwealth. As long as he’s in that building, he has Danny’s ear.

I've seen this story play out enough times these last 21 seasons.  We hire someone reputable, albeit a GM or head coach, but is stifled by The Danny's meddling after which that person is shown the door for a reason that is somehow justified.

The root of all the angst with this franchise is the owner and, since he is our age, probably won't sell the time (literally) in our lifetime; until **HE** is forced to sell the team, I'm not taking this bait.

6 hours ago, HouseBowlrz said:

I've seen this story play out enough times these last 21 seasons.  We hire someone reputable, albeit a GM or head coach, but is stifled by The Danny's meddling after which that person is shown the door for a reason that is somehow justified.

The root of all the angst with this franchise is the owner and, since he is our age, probably won't sell the time (literally) in our lifetime; until **HE** is forced to sell the team, I'm not taking this bait.

My feelings exactly.  Seen this movie play out so many times with different characters but the ending is always the same.  

Allen isnt going to be fired, from the report hes just decided to allow someone else to handle football operations.  

That is until he meddles behind the scenes and then takes it back from them.  Anything less than his complete and utter removal from the franchise is him still running it, just with different words around his name.

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

Allen isnt going to be fired, from the report hes just decided to allow someone else to handle football operations.  

That is until he meddles behind the scenes and then takes it back from them.  Anything less than his complete and utter removal from the franchise is him still running it, just with different words around his name.

That is the way I read it too.  

18 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

If true, maybe Trent Williams will stay and make Snyder and Allen look exponentially smarter than those who criticized them for not trading Williams.

Trent is old, injury-prone and not a future building block at this point. Not trading him for a first round pick was legitimately malpractice.

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

yep, and the rest is just theatrics. make as little change as possible as loudly as they can. 

Why won't they just throw all his sheet out on Waxpool Road in a box. Dan sends him a text and tells him where to go to get his stuff .. and just have him keep the key card. That is the best way to get rid of a rat. Don't let him back into your building. 

They will not waste another decade of my life with desperation moves to suck me back in. No matter what they do, I will reserve judgement. They better not **** it up and win today. Chace young is a great piece for the next coach and GM. 

if they hire Rivera and make O’Connell the OC/head coach in waiting, they are setting themselves up for continued drama and keeping the dumpster fire burning, no matter Meyer or someone else, but that is most likely what will happen. Those interpersonal dynamics would be impossible to manage.

You're Fried!

Code for: should have been fired, but was retained.

It's beyond belief that Dan will retain him to work on a stadium deal. When Bruce's own extreme ineptness, has it very difficult to secure a new stadium. No local jurisdiction wants their town to be regularly overrun by lowly Philly, Dallas, Pitt and Jersey fans.

Jay Glazier just reported on FOX that Bruce is being re-assigned elsewhere in the Skins org but outside of Football ops. I hope that's not the case (I hope he's gone completely) but I wouldn't be surprised if that is what happens. George Allen was a big name in Redskins football when Danny was growing up and he gets sentimentally attached to big names.

For that reason, I suspect it would be very hard for him to let go of Bruce completely.

Archived