Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BR: Bruce Allen Reportedly to Be Fired as Redskins President of Football Operations

Reaper Skins

Information is him being removed of football operations.

Which is back to square 2 with Scott McCloughan as he was already out of football ops by then.

@Reaper Skins you should want to edit that picture. I believe it sums up your mind pretty fine, but that's a way to circumvent the profanity filter mate :) I'm sure you can find something more suitable :)

11 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Is he going to be fired or just stripped of football duties????? That is the question!

Right now, they are only saying that he will be removed from football operations. Not that he will be let go altogether.

Fans won't be appeased by that, I believe. As long as he is in the building, he seems like the type that will continually try and influence the football side of things.

Hopefully, Allen is so bitter about losing football operations, that he just quits instead.

10 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Which is back to square 2 with Scott McCloughan as he was already out of football ops by then.

But he was team President during GMSM's tenure and he had the power to fire anyone, if he loses that title do you still think its more of the same?

This makes it sound like he is staying on in another capacity outside of Football Ops, which is not a ringing endorsement on the team moving in the right direction, nor is it a sign that they are going to actually do the right thing.  Dude needs to be out of Ashburn completely.

20 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Scot worked for Bruce.  Bruce was never out of football ops.  He was the president of football operations.  Scott was given the GM title but no real authority.  That stayed with Bruce.

8 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Scot worked for Bruce.  Bruce was never out of football ops.  He was the president of football operations.  Scott was given the GM title but no real authority.  That stayed with Bruce.

Pretty sure he was reassigned to non football ops by then. But I might be wrong.

19 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

If true, maybe Trent Williams will stay and make Snyder and Allen look exponentially smarter than those who criticized them for not trading Williams.

there is not a force on planet earth or any circumstance that could make those two idiots look any smarter than a sea cucumber.

10 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

He needs to be more than just out of football operations, he needs to be out of the building. Preferably out of the Commonwealth. As long as he’s in that building, he has Danny’s ear.

He could be out of the building and still have Dan's ear.

At this point, I'm fine with him not having any actual power.

2 minutes ago, Taylor 36 said:

The fact that Bruce may not be fired outright is a solid indication that he still is the best friend.

Eh, maybe.  If he’s basically put out to pasture with a remote work assignment, that’s almost insulting. 

I kinda get the feeling that Dan just didn’t want to say he fires Bruce entirely so he’s been reassigned to Siberia, and then will fade into the background quietly.  

Archived