Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BR: Bruce Allen Reportedly to Be Fired as Redskins President of Football Operations

Reaper Skins

16 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

Jay Glazier just reported on FOX that Bruce is being re-assigned elsewhere in the Skins org but outside of Football ops. I hope that's not the case (I hope he's gone completely) but I wouldn't be surprised if that is what happens. George Allen was a big name in Redskins football when Danny was growing up and he gets sentimentally attached to big names.

For that reason, I suspect it would be very hard for him to let go of Bruce completely.

Bruce is not going anywhere.  His and Dan's bromance is epic.  IMO his "reassignment" has already been discussed and decided between them.  Perception deceptions are the way to go here.  Ticket sales are in the dumpster. Fans are leaving in droves.  The stadium is a piece of ****.  The field is composed of dirt, rock and painted lines.  Ditto for the player facilities.  

Dan feeling the $$$ burn, and the gaping hole, has to do something. But these two idiots are aligned.  

Look at the past for just a few examples. The whole time SM was supposedly the GM, there was Bruce directly over SM, reporting to Danny.  The meddling was always there, probably veiled as suggestions.   

If people remember correctly, didn't SM have to convince Dan to bench RG3?  That was the rumor. Like three or four hours of discussing it.  Should he have even had to convince Bruce, let alone Dan of anything?  In a well run organization Gruden would have look  RG3 is not getting it done so I need to replace him.  And maybe discuss it with SM as the GM.

Everything is bat **** crazy in this organization.  The **** is running down hill from the Danny throne.  So you reassign your sidekick Bruce to get the stadium?  Yeah good luck with that because it is has been so successful.  But the reality is that Dan can always bring him back if he keeps in the fold. And the late nights, the drinking, and hangouts will definitely continue.

And if things do not go the way they want with the new regime the meddling will begin again and your in a rinse and repeat situation.     

The only way you could convince me that Dan Snyder has learned anything and I mean anything is if fires or Bruce "resigns" and he hires a competent President of Football Operations and gets the hell out of the way.

@skinsmania123 nailed it

It will be very hard for Dan and others to completely isolate Bruce away from football operations.  When you have a damn good culture, everyone's opinion is respected.

All it will take, is a simple comment in passing to Dan.  He can easily plant the seed anytime he wants.  You see that youtube of CeeDee Lamb?  Oh and I will see you later for a nightcap....

9 minutes ago, nonniey said:

There won't  be a new best friend with the old best friend hanging around.

Bruce won’t even come back from Dallas if he’s even in Dallas.

Everybody is looking st this from dan’s perspective, assuming that if he doesn’t fire Bruce, Bruce will still have Dan’s ear.

But look at it from Bruce’s perspective. He is CLEARLY being replaced and given his ego, I doubt that sits well.  So how much do you think Bruce will want to give opinions or anything?  My guess is he’ll be butt hurt and quietly retire soon-ish.  

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Bruce won’t even come back from Dallas if he’s even in Dallas.

Everybody is looking st this from dan’s perspective, assuming that if he doesn’t fire Bruce, Bruce will still have Dan’s ear.

But look at it from Bruce’s perspective. He is CLEARLY being replaced and given his ego, I doubt that sits well.  So how much do you think Bruce will want to give opinions or anything?  My guess is he’ll be butt hurt and quietly retire soon-ish.  

Bruce knows that if he is still in the building he is still in charge - so no ego issues for him in that event.

17 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Bruce knows that if he is still in the building he is still in charge - so no ego issues for him in that event.

people with egos the size of the one you assume he has do not defer credit or accept blame the way he would be in getting moved out of football operations or the way he has in constantly claiming other guys have authority

5 minutes ago, carex said:

people with egos the size of the one you assume he has do not defer credit or accept blame the way he would be in getting moved out of football operations or the way he has in constantly claiming other guys have authority

It was the poster I was responding to that said Bruce's ego wouldn't let stay with the organization.  My point is that if he stays he is still in charge (well 2d to Danny). 

Mods please consider editing this thread title to show Bruce has been jettisoned fully, and consider pinning.  I think we need a thread saying he IS fired here in the stadium. Thanks.

I have to eat crow as I thought he was going to be retained in some bogus capacity for the next 10 years, up in the booth with Dan during games.

giphy.gif

Doc Walker and Al Galdi are being negative about what happens to the front office setup.  They are concerned some of the same mistakes of the past

may repeat themselves again.   Callers are saying they want to just enjoy the fact that Allen is gone.  Doc likes the hiring of the new Head Coach.

They keep saying there are a lot of unanswered questions about the front office.

Archived