5 4-11 .267 3.0 .494

6 4-9-1 .321 4.0 .538

7 5-10 .333 4.0 .479

8 5-10 .333 4.0 .546

9 5-9 .357 4.5 .502

10 5-9 .357 4.5 .520

2 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

This is by far the happiest I’ve ever seen this board after a loss lol

It's an enormous fall. I would have been happy with a win too, especially if Haskins led us to the win and didn't get hurt. What it's really about is the season was so bad, especially during the Gruden games, that the draft game is the only thing we can win.

It feels wrong. It feels ugly. But I can rationalize these moral victories into actual victories this way. 

I will say it's good to see the rookies continuing to improve and look like real NFL players. We might have a receiving corp with McLauren, Simms, and Harmon. We might have a QB with Haskins. Could Martin be a player? Mooreland was looking okay in the slot before he got hurt. Guice if he could get a bionic knee would be the answer! So, I can get excited about the team looking good/competitive, but also be excited about the future because of losses.

14 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yep. They will have all of those trade partners worked out before the draft. If Cincy takes Young we will be trading back.

Telling you right now, you can get that out your head. Unless Burrow somehow gets a major injury between now and the draft, the Bengals are DEFINITELY taking Burrow. Burrow is an Ohio boy, and has been vocal about wanting to go back to his home state and play for the Bengals. 

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

It's an enormous fall. I would have been happy with a win too, especially if Haskins led us to the win and didn't get hurt. What it's really about is the season was so bad, especially during the Gruden games, that the draft game is the only thing we can win.

It feels wrong. It feels ugly. But I can rationalize these moral victories into actual victories this way. 

I will say it's good to see the rookies continuing to improve and look like real NFL players. We might have a receiving corp with McLauren, Simms, and Harmon. We might have a QB with Haskins. Could Martin be a player? Mooreland was looking okay in the slot before he got hurt. Guice if he could get a bionic knee would be the answer! So, I can get excited about the team looking good/competitive, but also be excited about the future because of losses.

It was the best of both worlds. It was thrilling to watch the team play competently while still putting us in position to draft the cream of the crop.

Just now, Burgold said:

1. McLaurin

2. Sims

3. Moreland

4.  This is what happens to a resigned fanbase that understands what draft position does for the future of the franchise. 

1 minute ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Telling you right now, you can get that out your head. Unless Burrow somehow gets a major injury between now and the draft, the Bengals are DEFINITELY taking Burrow. Burrow is a Ohio boy, and has been vocal about wanting to go to his home state and play for the Bengals. 

That’s what I hear too.   And with this loss today they are basically on the clock.   

Just now, OVCChairman said:

4.  This is what happens to a resigned fanbase that understands what draft position does for the future of the franchise. 

I feel like Redskins fans in general have theory crafted about becoming better for so many years we really do know more than an average fan base. But at the same time we are super ****ing crazy and impatient too. 

Its a funny mix. 

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

I feel like Redskins fans in general have theory crafted about becoming better for so many years we really do know more than an average fan base. But at the same time we are super ****ing crazy and impatient too. 

Its a funny mix. 

when you watch a franchise take the future and sell it for big name free agents, it makes you understand just how valuable things can be when built through the draft.  To then watch the same franchise basically hit on 75% of the picks made over the last 3 drafts just drives that point home.  

15 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

but wasn't it overtime? So a kick wins it

Yeah but if they missed the kick (kicker had been ill and not practiced for several days, and had missed his only FG attempt in the game) then Cincy would have had the ball and time on clock.

1 minute ago, CowboyKillerz said:

I dont think the Giants leap frog us... Theyd have 2 division wins to our 1

Yes they would. Strength of Schedule is the first tie breaker.

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Snyder told Haskins not to return after the injury. Good. 

Yeah. Good on 2 different levels. I have seen enough of Haskins at this point to know we arent moving on from him. And by him not playing we probably had a better chance of losing to improve draft position.

These last few weeks also show how crappy a coach Gruden was. Not dressing AP in the first game. Not sold on Haskins. Choosing freaking Trey Quinn over Sims. And many other decisions. The young players have been balling out these last few weeks. This season should've been in rebuild mode from the BEGINNING. Gruden really held us back, imo. I do not want Callahan as HC, but I have to give him credit for making this team at least look respectable again

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Its a funny mix. 

Anyone who's still a fan of this team at this point in the Snyder era I'd be hard-pressed to call "impatient". 

Archived