Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Thieving Maras at Redskins

TK

3 hours ago, Veryoldschool said:

bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla......

I think when you look at the overall scope and him being drafted number 15 overall, more should be expected from him. He has played in 9 games with a stat line of 7 TDs and 7 INTs completing 55%-60% of his passes and a rating of about 70 and QBR of 20 or so (prior to today's game) with 3 fumbles maybe?

This doesn't scream "see I told ya" to me. If anything he is still a work in progress and even with these last two games, his season has not been very good. We've had plenty of players come through here who have a good game or two and the fans go wild over the small sample size.

Rookie years for Nicholson and Fabian people got enamored because of a couple solid showings without looking at the entirety of their play. Same can be said about Quinn, who had 9 catches last year and folks thought he was the next hot shot. I get it, it's what fans do and yet a few years later and it's clear neither of these three players I just mentioned are going to the pro bowl any time soon.

As fans we should expect more from the players, especially if you want to field a winning team. Only an idiot would look at Haskins' production his first 5 starts and make excuses for him. Fans are fans, there are bound to be imbeciles who coddle the players so it's to be expected and then when that player has 1.5 good games, they are quick to jump on the "see I told ya" train without realizing they do the same "see I told ya" song and dance year after year, bad record after bad record, for countless players who have gone through this trash heap that is the.....REDSKINS!

It's nice to see Haskins look like a QB who has played the position before. Would have been nicer if he did that his first 5 starts instead of looking like complete trash.

18 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

No. Definately no.

Let the HC do his ****ing job. You believe the Doc would tell the HC of the situation. And the HC makes a decision. Maybe

Again, here I think it was probably a case of Dan going down to the locker room to check on Dwayne and them having a conversation where Dwayne indicated that the medical staff advised against him going back in and Snyder said "good to listen to them."  If that's how it went down, it sounds a lot more innocuous. I didn't hear the presser, but Haskins should've just said he didn't enter the game due to staff's orders, not realizing that any mention of Snyder would instigate a mini-controversy. 

47 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I wouldnt take that for the number 2 pick. 3 firsts or no deal.

You're insane if you dont take that. We still end up with an elite player and 2 starters. Young is incredible, but we could add Simmons, Wills and and who knows who else. 

Eagles just won.

Perfect day - young guys got some solid play and showed they can play. Played tough again - but the loss in the end helps the team more long term in keeping that #2 draft spot. 

On top of that, dallas lost so they will be playing for the division next week. That ends up being a win/win for us. If we win, we knock dallast out of the POs. If we lose we ensure the 2nd pick in the draft. 

It is nearly impossible for me to root for a loss during a game - but I can be OK with the loss after the game. That's where I am this week - and last week for that matter. 

Haskins is doing great. He gets better every week. He got better as the season went along last year. He is doing the same here. What i really liked was he was one of the first people out to congratulate Case on every score from Case. Total teammate. He still has a very long way to go but he is starting to look like a QB that can develope into a franchise QB - from there who knows. 

I think you all are fooling yourselves. This is not the NBA where one player can dominate a game. There are no players you can draft that can have that dramatic of an effect. You can get some good players but we have so many holes to fill that the draft pick is just a drop in the bucket.

36 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

So now Dallas has to play all out next weekend after losing to the Eagles. But Dallas looks like a piss poor team man. We might even beat them anyways. I hope not. But they looked horrible.

I think the Giants are going to give the Eagles a battle next week.  And it would be funny if, even if the Eagles lost, we knocked the Cowboys out by beating them. 

17 minutes ago, Doctorfro said:

I think you all are fooling yourselves. This is not the NBA where one player can dominate a game. There are no players you can draft that can have that dramatic of an effect. You can get some good players but we have so many holes to fill that the draft pick is just a drop in the bucket.

I agree, this Chase Young savior bit has gotten out of hand. The Broncos and bears have some of the best pass rushers how is that working out for their overall record.

19 minutes ago, Doctorfro said:

Of course there are. No one player can't carry you to a championship like in the NBA but one player absolutely can completely alter a team. Look at what Bosa did for the 9ers. Look at what Zeke did for the Cowboys. Look at the Pats with and without Gronk. We haven't had a talent like that since 2012 RG3 and that was a one year wonder.

We get Young and an actual legit D-Coord and we can dominate up front and that alone can win 9-10 games.

2 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

I agree, this Chase Young savior bit has gotten out of hand. The Broncos and bears have some of the best pass rushers how is that working out for their overall record.

The Broncos won a Super Bowl because of their D and Von Miller was the lynchpin of that D.

The Bears won 12 games last year largely because of Khalil Mack. We haven't won 12 since 1991.

No neither team is that good this year, but football ultimately is a team game yes one player won't win games by himself, but one player can make massive differences.

21 minutes ago, Doctorfro said:

Tell that to Khalil Mack in Chicago last year.

15 minutes ago, Doctorfro said:

Who said it was? No one here has said we are one player away except the Redskins FO. I know I haven't. I understand the game quite well thank you. You are making things up to fit some narrative that is false. 

Further, why would you now want the highest draft pick possible? Also, it's not just one pick. You get the 2nd pick in every round! Hopefully we have a new FO and they can maybe turn that #2 into multiple other picks, including picking up a 2nd rd pick. 

The draft is just one part of the process. Just because we root for this part to go well does not mean anyone thinks it's the end of the process. It is indeed only the beginning. 

5 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I think the Giants are going to give the Eagles a battle next week.  And it would be funny if, even if the Eagles lost, we knocked the Cowboys out by beating them. 

Keeping the Cowboys out of the playoffs would be one heck of a consolation prize for losing the #2 pick.

2 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

Keeping the Cowboys out of the playoffs would be one heck of a consolation prize for losing the #2 pick.

I'd rather have the #2 pick. I couldn't care less who we keep out of the playoffs. We aren't competing anyway, why does it matter?

Some people are more obsessed with Dallas losing then what's best for this team.

12 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

Both those teams lack their franchise QB and keep whiffing. We hope we have ours, which is a difference. 

And you all assume that our brain trust will do smart things with this picking position. A lot of “ifs” in this scenario. When have the Redskins done really well with the draft? I appreciate the optimism but don’t hold your breath. 

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Tell that to Khalil Mack in Chicago last year.

Did the Bears win the SB last year? must have missed that.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd rather have the #2 pick. I couldn't care less who we keep out of the playoffs. We aren't competing anyway, why does it matter?

Some people are more obsessed with Dallas losing then what's best for this team.

I don't want to beat Dallas THAT badly, and wouldn't be heartbroken if they beat us.

But the way the Redskins have played for the past five weeks does not suggest that this team is going to lay down in Jerryworld next week and not give the Cowboys a battle. 

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Who cares if people want to beat dallas. Why is that a problem? It's not an "obsession".  You guys are so overly dramatic. I liek to beat dallas. It's fun for me when they lose. 

I agree having the #2 pick is better than having something later so in the end losing probably is more helpful and i stated so above. But having the 4th or 5th pick is not the end of the world. And if we can beat dallas and knock them out of the playoff that's not a bad thing. 

Archived