Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Thieving Maras at Redskins

TK

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd rather have the #2 pick. I couldn't care less who we keep out of the playoffs. We aren't competing anyway, why does it matter?

Some people are more obsessed with Dallas losing then what's best for this team.

He said consolation prize, man. As in he'd prefer the team get the #2 pick.

People who want their team to win when it may not be "Ideal" kinda pale in comparison to people who think perennial losers should keep losing, which will magically make everything better (basically). Too many variables to be on such a high horse. 

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'd rather have the #2 pick. I couldn't care less who we keep out of the playoffs. We aren't competing anyway, why does it matter?

Some people are more obsessed with Dallas losing then what's best for this team.

I agree.  It's my first choice and it's not close.  But if Philly loss and the Redskins "screwed up" and won the game, therefore knocking the Cowboys out of the playoffs, I wouldn't be inconsolably upset.

6 minutes ago, Doctorfro said:

And you all assume that our brain trust will do smart things with this picking position. A lot of “ifs” in this scenario. When have the Redskins done really well with the draft? I appreciate the optimism but don’t hold your breath. 

Did the Bears win the SB last year? must have missed that.

No one is assuming anything You keep making things up to fit some ridiculous narrative. The current FO is ****. While there may be a few holdouts, most in here know that and have stated so emphatically. It's more hope that they use the resources correctly. But they can't use them correctly if they do not have them. 

There is a difference between hope and expecting something to happen. All we can do is hope for the best. We literally have no control over any of it. So why drown in misery? We get enough of that anyway. Hope for the best plan for the worst. 

9 minutes ago, Doctorfro said:

And you all assume that our brain trust will do smart things with this picking position. A lot of “ifs” in this scenario. When have the Redskins done really well with the draft? I appreciate the optimism but don’t hold your breath. 

Did the Bears win the SB last year? must have missed that.

No they didnt. But that is a 3 win team without Mack. Their QB and entire offense is a frikin joke. Khalil Mack is a game changer. Just like Young.

43 minutes ago, Doctorfro said:

I think you all are fooling yourselves. This is not the NBA where one player can dominate a game. There are no players you can draft that can have that dramatic of an effect. You can get some good players but we have so many holes to fill that the draft pick is just a drop in the bucket.

I bet youre fun at Thanksgiving 

8 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I agree.  It's my first choice and it's not close.  But if Philly loss and the Redskins "screwed up" and won the game, therefore knocking the Cowboys out of the playoffs, I wouldn't be inconsolably upset.

Or, we can tie with Dallas next week and accomplish both

2 hours ago, dyst said:

I think when you look at the overall scope and him being drafted number 15 overall, more should be expected from him. He has played in 9 games with a stat line of 7 TDs and 7 INTs completing 55%-60% of his passes and a rating of about 70 and QBR of 20 or so (prior to today's game) with 3 fumbles maybe?

This doesn't scream "see I told ya" to me. If anything he is still a work in progress and even with these last two games, his season has not been very good. We've had plenty of players come through here who have a good game or two and the fans go wild over the small sample size.

Rookie years for Nicholson and Fabian people got enamored because of a couple solid showings without looking at the entirety of their play. Same can be said about Quinn, who had 9 catches last year and folks thought he was the next hot shot. I get it, it's what fans do and yet a few years later and it's clear neither of these three players I just mentioned are going to the pro bowl any time soon.

As fans we should expect more from the players, especially if you want to field a winning team. Only an idiot would look at Haskins' production his first 5 starts and make excuses for him. Fans are fans, there are bound to be imbeciles who coddle the players so it's to be expected and then when that player has 1.5 good games, they are quick to jump on the "see I told ya" train without realizing they do the same "see I told ya" song and dance year after year, bad record after bad record, for countless players who have gone through this trash heap that is the.....REDSKINS!

It's nice to see Haskins look like a QB who has played the position before. Would have been nicer if he did that his first 5 starts instead of looking like complete trash.

And what kind of judge of QB talent are you?    There are a lot of guys on this board who can't recognize QB talent even when it is there, I can, I have an eye for it and I don't know about Haskins yet but I am certain I got no patience for the premature Haskins is a bust crowd.

9 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

No one is assuming anything You keep making things up to fit some ridiculous narrative. The current FO is ****. While there may be a few holdouts, most in here know that and have stated so emphatically. It's more hope that they use the resources correctly. But they can't use them correctly if they do not have them. 

There is a difference between hope and expecting something to happen. All we can do is hope for the best. We literally have no control over any of it. So why drown in misery? We get enough of that anyway. Hope for the best plan for the worst. 

Hope. Exactly. No one wants to languish in this futility. I do hope for the best. But let’s be real, unless FO changes, we will get more of the same. Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

2 minutes ago, Doctorfro said:

Hope. Exactly. No one wants to languish in this futility. I do hope for the best. But let’s be real, unless FO changes, we will get more of the same. Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

If you have a lawful way of getting rid of the owner and the GM against the owner's will, I'm all ears.  Otherwise, I will continue to simply hope for the best.

1 minute ago, Doctorfro said:

No one is saying anything different. Literally no one. Rooting for the team to get the #2 pick - or at least the highest pick they can has absolutely nothing to do with how anyone feels about the FO. Based on this comment one comes away with the impressing you are advocating that we just give up on caring since the FO sucks. 

You are more than welcome to do that of course. But don;t tell people they are fooling themselves because they have some hope that eventually things will change. You can have hope but also understand the reality. The two do not have to be directly linked. 

1 minute ago, MariusVT said:

Young is a stud, but if they believe Haskins is the long term answer, and it's looking like he could grow into it... There's the very real possibility that they take a tackle at 2 to protect him.

If were gonna go tackle, we better trade back and get more picks.  Young is valuable on your team... and arguably more valuable as a trade asset

3 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

If were gonna go tackle, we better trade back and get more picks.  Young is valuable on your team... and arguably more valuable as a trade asset

They should not take a tackle of lesser talent with Young on the board.  This fan base would be apoplectic. and you could count me among them.  They have two choices.  Draft Young or trade down for multiple prime draft picks that hopefully will fill multiple holes. 

10 minutes ago, MariusVT said:

Young is a stud, but if they believe Haskins is the long term answer, and it's looking like he could grow into it... There's the very real possibility that they take a tackle at 2 to protect him.

You just don't do that in this case.  Young is a once in a generation player.  He is the BPA if he is there at #2 and we stay at #2.  

Archived