Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Thieving Maras at Redskins

TK

2 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Why? Because the coaching staff doesn’t have either the balls or the authority to do it’s job? Not a good thing. The status quo remains.

I don't know if this is aimed at you, but we really don't need to find artificial reasons to drum up controversy just to be unhappy. There are enough real reasons. If you want to be upset with Snyder and the Redskins all you have to do is point at the scoreboard and gripe about how we couldn't beat a lousy 3-win Giant team and how the "We're close" Redskins have the second worst record in the entire NFL.

Mostly though, please stop with this nonsense. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying, "Listen to the doctors."

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I don't know if this is aimed at you, but we really don't need to find artificial reasons to drum up controversy just to be unhappy. There are enough real reasons.

Please stop with this nonsense. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying, "Listen to the doctors."

EXACTLY. Nothing more, nothing less 

1 minute ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Fitting that Landon Collins gave up the GW touchdown to a rookie. He talked so much **** all offseason about the Giants and has been nothing but a disappointment. Don’t care about his fraudulent pro bowl selection. He’s overrated solely because of where he went to college 

I mean, he DOES have Greg Manusky as his defensive coordinator. With a halfway competent coordinator, he’d probably have a better season 

40 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This was a good ****ing day for us really. As long as Haskins and Terry are good we really win the day in a Real Readskins type of way. 

Only way way this gets better is if Bruce and Mara challenge each other to a death match and tie

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Regardless of the meaning, even the mere suggestion that Snyder had input into whether Haskins went back in or not is a bad look.  Haskins should've just said that he was following doctor's orders, period, and left Dan's name out of it......Dwayne probably hasn't been here long enough to realize how touchy this town is when it comes to insinuations of Snyder meddling.  

6 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Fitting that Landon Collins gave up the GW touchdown to a rookie. He talked so much **** all offseason about the Giants and has been nothing but a disappointment. Don’t care about his fraudulent pro bowl selection. He’s overrated solely because of where he went to college 

Couldn’t agree more. Another failed secondary FA signing. 

14 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Bad, definitely. Under all circumstances. The Rookie QB should not be consulting with the intrusive owner under any circumstances.

It was a mistake on my part, it was the doctor's recommendation he was told to respect. 

I still don't get why he's talking to Snyder, so you're right. It was just a knee-jerk post suffering from RG3 flashbacks. The injury flashbacks, not the Snyder-buddy flashbacks I should have been having. 

24 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

The irony is that we’ll pick 2nd... and then Not pick Chase Young. Bruce will still be in control and will make the pick and then rationalize that we picked Sweat last year and we don’t need another pass rusher. The site will blow up, the world will end and on and on and on...

Yeah we talked about this some on the draft thread back when we were in the driver's seat for it.  I bet Bruce's instinct would be to draft for need and take Andrew Thomas because that's how he tends to roll -- ditto he doesn't seem moved by star power.

This is one of the rare times where I hope Dan falls in love (if we get that pick) with the idea to have a player who will vault them into national attention and likely sell a ton of jerseys.   Because IMO Chase Young is a game changer. 

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

It was a mistake on my part, it was the doctor's recommendation he was told to respect. 

I still don't get why he's talking to Snyder, so you're right. It was just a knee-jerk post suffering from RG3 flashbacks. The injury flashbacks, not the Snyder-buddy flashbacks I should have been having. 

It isn’t haskins talking to Snyder, it was most likely Snyder calling down to the sideline to just quickly tell haskins to listen to the medical staff. 

Saying “haskins talked to Snyder” makes it seem like haskins himself seeked out Snyder. 

2 hours ago, justice98 said:

So kinda feels like we'll go into the offseason with 1.5 games of Haskins looking good.  Not ideal. Even just finishing this game out and then next week strong woulda gone a long way.

Just be happy hes not injured for life after taking magical run for a playoff berth.

Just now, Burgold said:

I dunno. The scheme and defensive play calling is so bad it's hard to judge the player.

Sorry. Scheme has nothing to do with repeatedly getting beat by slow tight ends in one on one match ups. Happens every single week. On top of that he is not that good in the box. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It isn’t haskins talking to Snyder, it was most likely Snyder calling down to the sideline to just quickly tell haskins to listen to the medical staff. 

Saying “haskins talked to Snyder” makes it seem like haskins himself seeked out Snyder. 

Someone else mentioned that Snyder went down to the locker room to check on Dwayne when he went back there. If so, that is more innocuous than the suggestion that Dan was calling down. Again, Haskins hasn't been around to realize how touchy the town is when it comes to any suggestion of Dan meddling. 

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Someone else mentioned that Snyder went down to the locker room to check on Dwayne when he went back there. If so, that is more innocuous than the suggestion that Dan was calling down. Again, Haskins hasn't been around to realize how touchy the town is when it comes to any suggestion of Dan meddling. 

I mean....he IS (or is supposed to be) our franchise QB...what would you want Snyder to do? Not tell him to listen to the medical staff, and haskins goes out and gets injured? If the coaching staff wasn’t going to tell him to sit out, then good on Snyder for being the one🤷🏻‍♂️ Plenty of other things to **** on Snyder for. 

36 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Right. You said your head hurts, to which sinister said buy a helmet. 

Keep up 😂

But I didnt..I never ever once said my head hurts..this has happened a few times now

.people quoting stuff I never said..I'm ****ing hammered one shot during the game wow

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

He’s been an average player his entire career. 

way before Manusky even breathed the same air as him 

Huh. Guess i just really only noticed him when playing the redskins. Not a good thing either 😂😂😂 says more about our crappy team than it did him as a giant i guess 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean....he IS (or is supposed to be) our franchise QB...what would you want Snyder to do? Not tell him to listen to the medical staff, and haskins goes out and gets injured? If the coaching staff wasn’t going to tell him to sit out, then good on Snyder for being the one🤷🏻‍♂️ Plenty of other things to **** on Snyder for. 

No. Definately no.

Let the HC do his ****ing job. You believe the Doc would tell the HC of the situation. And the HC makes a decision. Maybe

The owner just have to shut the **** up in this situation. If Haskins plays and things go wron you'll have plenty of opportunities to kill the HC after the game (though he'll be out next week so, that's no big deal...)

We have 443 pages long blasting Bruce and Dan for meddling and making us look crappy. Why should we be fine with Dan telling a player what to do, that's pure meddling during a game. As if telling who to draft or wign wasn't enough... Bruce is telling when to challenge or not. Dan is telling players to sit or play.... That's like me telling Jeff Bezos how to run Amazon...

We're lucky to be 3-13...

24 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

What a dumbass. It's the coaches and training/medical staffs job to determine who can be cleared to come back on the field. That's what they're paid to do.

We all would've applauded Snyder for pulling a hobbling RG3 but that doesn't excuse the fact that he would've overruled the very people he was supposed to trust with his players safety in mind, which at the end of the day, still falls on his shoulders.

This, right here, is why I am constantly embarrassed.  We have a bunch of dumb people that follow this team

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

But I didnt..I never ever once said my head hurts..this has happened a few times now

.people quoting stuff I never said..I'm ****ing hammered one shot during the game wow

This is you, correct? In the picture i posted? The thing he quoted says “my head hurts” 😂😂😂

9EF977C3-CDEA-456B-A7D3-33ABE9DC7A03.png

Archived