Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Thieving Maras at Redskins

TK

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

Anyone who's still a fan of this team at this point in the Snyder era I'd be hard-pressed to call "impatient". 

There are a lot of fans of the team that aren’t really fans of the team at the moment though. 

If that hat makes any sense 

5 minutes ago, CowboyKillerz said:

I dont think the Giants leap frog us... Theyd have 2 division wins to our 1

Go to the chalk board and right this 500 times "Strength of Schedule is the #1 determining factor when slotting Draft picks."  Giants have a weaker strength of schedule if we win next week and they lose they pick before us.

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

But if the Giants, Dolphins and Lions don't win another game we'd fall behind them.

Will be the first time in my life I’ll have to want the Cowboys to beat the Redskins.  I’ll root for a tie.   

or a Redskins win combined with a giants, dolphins and lions win.  

The irony is that we’ll pick 2nd... and then Not pick Chase Young. Bruce will still be in control and will make the pick and then rationalize that we picked Sweat last year and we don’t need another pass rusher. The site will blow up, the world will end and on and on and on...

These last few weeks also show how crappy a coach Gruden was. Not dressing AP in the first game. Not sold on Haskins. Choosing freaking Trey Quinn over Sims. And many other decisions. The young players have been balling out these last few weeks. This season should've been in rebuild mode from the BEGINNING. Gruden really held us back, imo. I do not want Callahan as HC, but I have to give him credit for making this team at least look respectable again

In fairness to Gruden, he knew he was coaching for his job. He had to win or he was gone and we had a very tough opening schedule.

If the organization were all on the same page, they'd have sat down with Gruden and said, "hey, listen, we want to build around our young guys. play them early and we won't judge your win/loss record too harshly as long as the youth develops and improves as the season goes on."

Everyone praises Lamar Jackson and deservedly so, but his success is due to the strength of the Baltimore Ravens organizational culture. They went all in on him from the front office on down to the coaching staff. Everyone was on the same page from the get go.

These last few weeks also show how crappy a coach Gruden was. Not dressing AP in the first game. Not sold on Haskins. Choosing freaking Trey Quinn over Sims. And many other decisions. The young players have been balling out these last few weeks. This season should've been in rebuild mode from the BEGINNING. Gruden really held us back, imo. I do not want Callahan as HC, but I have to give him credit for making this team at least look respectable again

I'll give Gruden credit because he's a good scout. Unfortunately he has "his guys" and seems to get zoned in on those guys. So since Haskisn, AP, and Sims (maybe) weren't his guys, he wasn't going to make any stretches to get them in the game. 

------------

And I will say that our TEs looked good today. This may be the best game we saw from them all day. No drops, no really missed passed that should have been caught and two big plays on that game tieing TD drive

9 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

when you watch a franchise take the future and sell it for big name free agents, it makes you understand just how valuable things can be when built through the draft.  To then watch the same franchise basically hit on 75% of the picks made over the last 3 drafts just drives that point home.  

Oh don't forget the habit of jettisoning those drafted players we do hit on.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Probably good. Snyder probably had visions of a rookie RGIII going out on one leg in the playoffs, getting hurt again and never returning to form.

Was it the same ankle from earlier? If so thats probably something worth considering both for returning to the game and going forward because I don't want him to have bad ankles going into next year. And I definitely don't want him recovering from an injury in the offseason

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Yeah, seriously why the **** is the damn owner making that call????????

He isn’t. Word is he told haskins to listen to doctor Robin West, and HER advice was to not go back into the game. 

If haskins comes back out and injures himself even worse, people **** on the redskins. Snyder tells haskins to listen to robin west, people will still **** on the redskins. What can ya do 😂

4 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

The irony is that we’ll pick 2nd... and then Not pick Chase Young. Bruce will still be in control and will make the pick and then rationalize that we picked Sweat last year and we don’t need another pass rusher. The site will blow up, the world will end and on and on and on...

Pick young and move back to a 4-3. I dont see how you can pass on picking him unless someone gives you a trade offer you simply cant turn down.

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He isn’t. Word is he told haskins to listen to doctor Robin West, and HER advice was to not go back into the game. 

If haskins comes back out and injures himself even worse, people **** on the redskins. Snyder tells haskins to listen to robin west, people will still **** on the redskins. What can ya do 😂

I don't believe Redskins PR. Not for one second. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Someone has to save haskins from himself 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Right.  Should be the coach.  Reading things like this is the reason this team could have 11 Chase Youngs but will remain dysfunctional as long as Synder owns the team.

Archived