Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins vs Putty Cats

TK

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, let's not sugarcoat it. Haskins was awful. He missed too many passes to even count,

I don't really disagree with you, but I'm really worried about your counting skills. Haskins threw only 29 passes total and completed a few. You have to be able to count higher than that.

;)

To be clear, I was a little disappointed that they won, but not overly so by a long shot.  I am extremely happy for the young players on the team.  Getting the #2 pick is still very possible, especially if they don't win again this year.  The chance of that is extremely high.

2 minutes ago, cougs said:

I watch they same game you did.  I saw our young guys playing hard and being competitive. What more do you want from an 1-9 team. We complain when we get blown out and complain when we win. That seems like a sad way to live your life always complaining. Find some hope once in a while. 

you said we looked better. we didnt look better in any phase of the game, save a miracle KR. The lions were horrid.

Just now, Tedskins 21 said:

Sick selfie at the end when you should be kneeling the ball.

Doesn’t the backup usually get asked to come in to kneel the ball? Why did Haskins HAVE to be in? Actually, why did either team have to be on the field with zero seconds left? That is completely pointless 😂😂😂😂 it. Was. OVER. 

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

i'm not looking for a QB this draft. I want the best pass rushing talent to come out in probably the last 10 years. 

He is actually probably the most sure pick since Reggie White. But there was no guarantee you were getting him before this win either. There is a third of the season left. We could end up anywhere in the top 5 at this point. But we were not getting the first overall pick regardless. I would rather see some progress out of Guice and Haskins than bank on trying to target one player that could blow his knee out at the combine. 

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

You say that as if it's something to be celebrated lol. He barely put away a trash team. He looked terrible in the process. Even JaWalrus won a game. Haskins needs to look like a competent NCAA QB before I start calling him a franchise QB.

I did not, my focus is in developing the QB first, Young wont matter without one.  Ask JJ Watt how QBs he had and how much fun that was, hes too old and injured to enjoy Watson 

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Didn't watch the game. Was Haskins as bad as his stat line indicated? Sub 50% completion, and only had like 60 yards midway through the third. 

Also, meaningless garbage win. All we managed to do was drop draft position. Yay? 

He had a pretty rough game. A couple of those misses were drops, but he was often just out of reach. Several of those throws were really painful "what ifs"

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

Didn't watch the game. Was Haskins as bad as his stat line indicated? Sub 50% completion, and only had like 60 yards midway through the third. 

Also, meaningless garbage win. All we managed to do was drop draft position. Yay? 

He was really bad. Overthrew guys constantly, missed on easy short outs, missed wide open guys for TDs twice, missed wide open guys on deep balls at least twice. Had a few nice passes but overall he was bleh. 

His mechanics just suck. He hardly ever sets his feet correctly or moves his lower and upper body in sync. He drops his elbow too often. His passes consistently sail and that's one of the main reasons why. And it doesn't look like it's improving much. I'll certainly still give him time but he looked like **** today. 

He got bailed out multiple times by excellent catches by his receivers, including on the throw to McLaurin that put them into range for the winning FG. 

1 minute ago, Tedskins 21 said:

you said we looked better. we didnt look better in any phase of the game, save a miracle KR. The lions were horrid.

I didn’t say better I said hard and competitive. I agree we are a long way from good but the young guys are getting experience. Let’s just water them and see how they grow. 

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We disagree, and the only reason anyone will ever remember or refer back to this game in the future will be if it's the W that prevents us from drafting a difference-maker. It's not a building block to anything other than more buzz words that don't really impact the game. 

I've seen that hug before, when Jay stuck with Cousins in the Tampa game

I wouldn't be so quick to crap on Haskins for the kneeling thing.

For one, lots of teams have the backup QB take the kneel downs. We could be doing that, but I'm not sure.

Secondly, having a QB who understands that the gameday experience is important for the few fans who actually attended the game and giving them that memory seems to say something good about him, rather than bad. 

Is Brady doing that? No. So I get not being on board with it and wanting a pure football computer behind center. But most guys have a bit more personality than that.

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Why wasn’t it over, if there’s literally zero seconds left? 0:00, by definition, means it’s over😂😂😂😂 plenty of things to **** on Haskins for. Not being in for the final snap, with zero seconds left on the clock, is not one of those things 😂 this is the silliest thing to have an issue with a QB about. 

Plus, not all starting QBs take the final snap, do they? Isn’t that sometimes what the backup does? 

I hate that I'm sounding like SoCalSkins, but to me it shows where his priorities lie. He sucks the entire game, lucks into a win, and instead of focusing on the game and the team, he focuses on getting selfies with the fans. All the other players were in on the play because they paid attention and didn't go AWOL on the sidelines. Haskins did. His first priority on the sideline was getting selfies instead of being with the team.

Seriously, I hate sounding like SoCalSkins lol

2 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

The one good thing I saw out of Haskins was decision making. He tried to throw it to wide open guys. But that's about it. He tried, and failed. He gets one big sticker for his effort.

Vj40K7F.jpg

2 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Rejoice!  In the FedEx "Miss Toilet Bowl 2019" the Skins won the "Less Butt-Ugly" of the two competing entrants. 

Talk about winning ugly!  😑   ...And this "win" really accomplished nothing except confirm Detroit's season trend of choking into its tough losses in the 4th quarter.

I don't root for the Skins to lose, but this was a poster child of any I'm so disgusted with how the Skins 2019 season has turned out.  This doesn't feel like a satisfying win....  It was less of a win, and more like an ugly avoidance of a loss, ....and the prize is just a worsening of the Skins 2020 drafting position. 

And the Skins better not make a big deal about this "win" because, regardless of the "W"  they still stunk today.  any whooping it up after this turd -- is just creating false confidence.

Eh.  If people want to celebrate a 3 point win to the awful Lions, so be it.  The bar is very low.   But I wouldn’t sweat the draft position.  History under this Management has shown that it doesn’t matter.  A toxic culture and poor coaching will nullify anything that happens in the draft.

5 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

Bruh, it was bad. He had 3-4 throws where he was good, made the right read, set his feet, and fired that thing. The rest was all kinds of wtf, and many times he had a clean pocket to throw from.

He'll need to make a meteoric leap between this year and next to make up for this current level of play

Is what it is.   Happy for the players as I think most are good people.  I thought Haskins made some good reads today.  Was just a little off on some passes.  If he can improve his accuracy and touch it would go a long way for his game.  I’d still like to see what he can become.  

I would like to see a top two pick but I’m not going to whine about “my” team trying to win and getting it done.  

Hopefully Danny boy sees the light and cleans house starting with Bruce otherwise little else matters anyway.  

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I did not, my focus is in developing the QB first, Young wont matter without one.  Ask JJ Watt how QBs he had and how much fun that was, hes too old and injured to enjoy Watson 

Haskins will develop into what he is, regardless of winning or losing against the Lions. His play speaks for itself. Either he shows improvement on his fundamentals that are so deeply lacking, or he doesn't and he's a bust. A shiny win against a team that threw the game so hard they need Tommy Johns surgery isn't going to suddenly leapfrog him to the next level.

4 minutes ago, cougs said:

I watch they same game you did.  I saw our young guys playing hard and being competitive. What more do you want from an 1-9 team. We complain when we get blown out and complain when we win. That seems like a sad way to live your life always complaining. Find some hope once in a while. 

What I wanted from the 1-9 team is 6 more losses and a high pick. I haven't complained once this season, even when getting blown out since it became clear we weren't going anywhere and the only bright spot in this season might be at least having a high pick to look forward to.

I would be perfectly happy right in between your two polairsed options - Losing close games and playing well whilst doing it. That's the sweet spot. Getting blown out is no fun but at least the end justifies the means.

Winning games like this serve absolutely no purpose except to damage the chances of us having a decent draft, or a potentially franchise changing haul of picks. 

Don't get me wrong, if we were winning games by dominating other teams and getting blowouts then I'm all for it. I can enjoy those kind of wins and be happy. These kind of ****ty wins against bad teams where we can't even look competent but scrape through due to the other team conspiring to somehow be even worse does not make me happy, and frankly it baffles me as to why anyone would celebrate this kind of win.

4 minutes ago, cougs said:

I didn’t say better I said hard and competitive. I agree we are a long way from good but the young guys are getting experience. Let’s just water them and see how they grow. 

“It seems that some of you are just here to complain. Is there a lot wrong with this team? Yes, but we have look better than we have all season. That’s all we can ask for now. Enjoy the small things in life they don’t come often.”

“look better.”

No.

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

I hate that I'm sounding like SoCalSkins, but to me it shows where his priorities lie. He sucks the entire game, lucks into a win, and instead of focusing on the game and the team, he focuses on getting selfies with the fans. All the other players were in on the play because they paid attention and didn't go AWOL on the sidelines. Haskins did. His first priority on the sideline was getting selfies instead of being with the team.

I think it was stupid for any player on either team to be out there for one final snap with ZERO SECONDS LEFT. What good reason was there to have one last play with no time left? Just let both teams get going to the locker rooms 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

This is by far the silliest thing to criticize any QB for. This fanbase is insane. 

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

Haskins will develop into what he is, regardless of winning or losing against the Lions. His play speaks for itself. Either he shows improvement on his fundamentals that are so deeply lacking, or he doesn't and he's a bust. A shiny win against a team that threw the game so hard they need Tommy Johns surgery isn't going to suddenly leapfrog him to the next level.

A QB comeback this was not. Fact. 

Archived