Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins vs Putty Cats

TK

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya. And to be clear I'm not pulling your fan card, jus pointing out why our perspectives on this may be different.

I'll be honest this front office is such a mess, it's hard for me to care about draft order yet. We have so many organizational problems from top to bottom that one players no matter how good they are wont save us.

Yep, with you on both points, and like I said, I get the perspective is different on the W/L.... but the way I figure is that the more good players in the draft when we pick, the better shot we have at not royally ****ing it up - sad, but true. 

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Ha ha.  You’re right.   I guess I just wanted to believe it. 

Maybe there are ~100 Season Ticket Holders who feel inspired.... there's still two games left to make it happen

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

My interest in Young has nothing to do with him being a draw but that he's potentially a generational type of player.  But yeah he does feel more like a Giant than a Redskin.

I totally get that but at the same time if we can win and Haskins / Harmon / McLaurin / Guice / Holcomb  / Moreau / Moreland / Sweat come on and show that they belong in this league, it makes the loss of Sweat feel less bad. It'd be one thing if we won this game with old guys doing most of the play but Christian came in at LT (how did he play), lots of other young players came in and so we have film on them. 

Will any become superstars who sell tickets? Well Haskins definitely has that potential, as does McLaurin. Others may be just names. Sweat has potential and he made a play today (haven't seen it yet).

But the other thing is do we trust the FO. There's the Bruce Allen thread and the Kyle Smith thread, but I'll say that these last few games will (should) give us a lot of information about how good Kyle Smith is as a scout. If these young guys can produce then I'll continue to have faith that Kyle Smith can bring in guys to make this a better football team. Maybe they won't have the sure fire impact of a Chase Young but nobody had heard of Holcomb before the draft, suddenly he's one of the top rookie LBs. I don't think he's on Chase Young's level but the question becomes can we win this year and still draft well next year. 

And I'm still very excited about Harmon. He's the slept on guy in this offense but he was top tier on many draft boards and has another week of good production

Wow that was a BEAUTIFUL 4th quarter pass to Harmon. 

1 hour ago, rabidskin said:

You will see the logic on draft day who we could have had and think back to this game.  Nice win...now our playoff chances greatly improve...how idiotic!  Same crap every year winning meaningless games and dropping our picks for nothing.    Beating Jacksonville last December dropped us 5 spots in the draft.  We just lost the 2nd pick ( and Chase Young..the next JJ Watt) and dropped to #4, Are we happy yet?

yeah, I'm happy now, I don't want the top five pick, I want to trade lower and get more picks.

Also if you want the team to lose you shouldn't be playing guys you want to be important later cause they could be injured

Dag Guice looked good on that run at the 8:49 mark in the 4th, but there was a holding call against Penn 

2nd and 17 pass is to Harmon and he catches it but out of bounds. I thought it was in bounds thouhg

Dag another incompletion to Harmon. He couldn't bring it in. Maybe I shouldn't be as impressed with Harmon today. 

There's Montez Sweat making a play

QUinn is just bad on punt returns

38 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Maybe it doesnt matter to you because you are on another continent.  For people like me that regular go to the games, getting our first home win is a big deal.  For season ticket holders getting ready to let them go, I'm happy for them.

I hear ya, and I am happy for those fans too.  And if this type of game winning drive helps Haskins confidence / development, then it's definitely worth it. 

But this game could be the difference between picking 2nd and 4th (wins will be scarce for those 4 bottom feeders the rest of the way, there might be a little movement but not much).  A meaningless win over the crappy lions in front of an empty stadium may lead to Chase young being a force for the Giants for a decade instead of us.  I don't think you can expect us to get back in the top 2, and I don't think you can expect this sole moment to change the trajectory of Haskins career.  When you look at it in that light, I find it hard to justify the win was worth it.

What was that with Sims. I thought he should run it. Glad he threw it away though

The sad thing is (like Cal said a few games ago) we're getting in the red zone, but just not finishing drives. When you have to put together 14 play drives its too depenent on perfection each play so one drop or one penalty and the drive stalls. Luckily we're getting FGs. This reminds me of the Smith offenses from last year but with a few more deep shots. 

Man Moreland ALMOST had is first pic of his career 

THen Dunbar gets a BEAUTIFUL pic

Then Haskins scrambles for a big gain and finds McLaurin for a big gain. 

Then we get the game winning FG. 

Just beautiful

9 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I haven't watched the game yet, did sweat get hurt?

No, I meant Young, if we don't get him

Dag this is the longest 20 seconds ever

THere it is. THe INT by Moreau. 2nd of the Day. Game Over. We WIn ANd I'm Happy

1 minute ago, SkinsFTW said:

I respect you so I know this isn't just a troll post, but its not like he was making these really dumb decisions. He was throwing it to guys who were either open or had some separation and just a tad bit inaccurate. Its not even like his misses were aweful, some would have required some acrobatic catches but thats possible especially from a guy like Harmon who is known for that. He did take some sacks and that's probably where I'd put him to grow the most. Seeing the play by play before watching it, I was assuming it was something like he was overthrowing by 10 yards or throwing out of bounds or to nobody. I think these mistakes are correctable as they get timing down and route concepts and just used to the strength behind his ball. 

Plus I think we saw a gameplan that departed from Cal's run run run philosophy. Haskins threw it 29 times vs 21 designed runs (3 scrambles by Haskins and 3 sacks by detroit). So it was a more open game plan which I think was more fun to watch but we saw him make more mistakes. But again no delay of games against him (I think one was against the punt team) and no bad lineup stuff. Maybe some protection stuff but he's learning and I'm liking what I'm seeing. 

Fpr everyone who thinks the Redskins need to lose every game, shouldn't we be putting in Case or Colt at QB and Norman at QB?  Basically everyone who was on the field originally?  Besides risking the getting injured before they can play in games we want to win.  Also changing things can result in changed results

22 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I really like what I saw today from Haskins and the young players and the defense. I think he still has rookie problems and is rushing his throws, or throwing too hard and a bit off but if he can correct that we have a legit QB. 

I'm with you 100%. Saw a heck of a lot to be hopeful about. Weve got some young guys I really like and Haskins is going to improve. 

What was the deal with Haskins in his Post Game interview? That kid needs to get the chip off his shoulder and stop acting so arrogant. It's not a good look for anyone, especially a kid who for the most part hasn't done crap. Then he's over by the stands taking selfies when the game isn't even over.  He's got a LOT of maturing to do. 

Archived