Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Skins vs Putty Cats

TK

I think we can still jump up into the #2 draft pick.  I think the Giants hold the tie breakers over us.  They beat us, once so far, and therefore have the better division record.  Dolphins are the ones ahead of us and could stay there.  Looks like Bengals will get the #1. 

So, while it wasn't ideal to win the game, for draft reasons, I am not unhappy about it.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Stunted?  They are stunted by who's running it, we havent gotten to fixing that yet to say higher picks will make a difference. 

How far did we jus drop in draft order, out of curiosity?  Arent we still #2 because we lost to Giants and Dolphins?

We are #3 now. The Dolphins have the same record as us, and we beat them. That statistically makes us better than the Dolphins, putting us at #3. The Dolphins aren't a team that should be gambled on for winning another game. We play the Giants again in a few weeks and stand a fair chance of beating them by Daniel Jones throwing a ton of interceptions. If we get 3 wins, that puts us on par with a ton of teams.

Burrow and Chase Young are the top 2 picks in the draft right now, and Burrow might not even be the top player. Tua is likely to go later in the 1st to a team that can afford to sit him while he heals. Once Chase is gone, there's not likely to be a good reason to trade a bounty to get our pick.

Edit: As UKskins posted, we're actually in 4th place now. Worse than I thought.

2 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

The think the Tankathon is wrong. They're using SOS , but if you look at the NFL standings, the Giants are ahead of us because of their win against us. We are in 3rd not 4th. 

No, SOS is the first tiebreaker. Head to head only comes into it if SOS is identical.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/the-nfl-draft/the-rules-of-the-draft/

Ties between teams with identical records are determined by the following tiebreakers (in order) Strength of schedule, which is the combined win-loss record for all 16 of the team's opponents in the previous season (ties count as a half win and half loss).

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I wasn't even the guy you were arguing with, man. Just thought it was funny you wanted to pretend to be the bigger man after he quoted you back to yourself, like you were doing the guy a favor. That's genuine comedy

i admitted to saying it. That you again for pointing it out. Once again why? What benefit is it of yours?  I have answered that question as well. You are completely right. Enjoy it. 

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

We are #3 now. The Dolphins have the same record as us, and we beat them. That statistically makes us better than the Dolphins, putting us at #3. The Dolphins aren't a team that should be gambled on for winning another game. We play the Giants again in a few weeks and stand a fair chance of beating them by Daniel Jones throwing a ton of interceptions. If we get 3 wins, that puts us on par with a ton of teams.

Burrow and Chase Young are the top 2 picks in the draft right now, and Burrow might not even be the top player. Tua is likely to go later in the 1st to a team that can afford to sit him while he heals. Once Chase is gone, there's not likely to be a good reason to trade a bounty to get our pick.

No, we are number 4 - Strength of Schedule is the first tiebreaker, head to head is second. We have had a harder schedule than the Dolphins.

Why do so many people care about the draft right now? Kyle Vander Bosch was a second rounder and he turned around the Cowboys defense. Darius Leonard was a second rounder who turned around the Colts defense. Sure it'd be nice to have the second pick but I want to see the guys we have grow into legit threats. 

Just saw the incompleion to Quinn and it seemed like a decent pass that he just couldn't bring in (at the end of the 1st half). Probably on Haskins but not a really bad throw

3 minutes ago, UKskins said:

No, SOS is the first tiebreaker.

Ties between teams with identical records are determined by the following tiebreakers (in order😞 Strength of schedule, which is the combined win-loss record for all 16 of the team's opponents in the previous season (ties count as a half win and half loss).

So is it different than determining playoff tie breakers? Because if not than Head to Head is the first.
https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

7 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I just don't understand what that has to do with this game. Cousins almost single-handedly bringing us back from a historical deficit against TB was a great moment for him and his progression as a QB.

Where's the parallel to Haskins being the QB during a game we scraped out against a bad Lions team, where every point we scored was thanks to ST's? This was not a career-defining moment like that comeback was for Cousins at the time...so I didn't even understand the comparison you were making. 

I've already told you, you jus dont care, so I dont care.  It's fine, agree to disagree on how much of a deal this is for him and why that more important then getting the highest pick possible.

4 minutes ago, cougs said:

i admitted to saying it. That you again for pointing it out. Once again why? What benefit is it of yours?  I have answered that question as well. You are completely right. Enjoy it. 

This is really not in the Thanksgiving Spirit you offered, man.*

*Again, I'm just giving you a hard time. But we're all frustrated at this point in a season like this so I understand how that might not be welcome. Truce. 

Just now, Renegade7 said:

That's still top 5 with some automatic loses coming up, like Green Bay.  Breathe.

Yep but Top 5 isn't Chase Young or a haul of draft picks is it?

Top 5 is fine, but we've had such a ****ty season, and I feel we deserve a reward for that. Blowout wins or any kind of defeat is fine. These garbage, ****ty wins against terrible teams just doesn't do anything for me.

3 minutes ago, UKskins said:

We were at #2 to start the day.

Now at #4

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Based on the way the tiebreakers work I'm not sure why we are 4th.  SOS is supposed to be the draft tiebreaker and ours is better than the Giants and Fins.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfldraftorder.html

TIEBREAKING PROCEDURE FOR DRAFT ORDER
If two or more teams are tied in the selection order, the strength-of-schedule tiebreaker is applied, subject to the following exceptions for playoff teams:

1. Teams not participating in the playoffs shall select in the first through 20th positions in reverse standings order.
2. The Super Bowl winner is last and Super Bowl loser is next-to-last.
3. The losers of the conference championship games shall select 29th and 30th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
4. The losers of the divisional playoff games shall select 25th through 28th based on won-lost-tied percentage.
5. The losers of the wild-card games shall select 21st through 24th based on won-lost-tied percentage.

If ties exist in any grouping except (2) above, such ties shall be broken by strength of schedule. If any ties cannot be broken by strength of schedule, the divisional or conference tiebreakers, if applicable, shall be applied. Any ties that still exist shall be broken by a coin flip.

1 minute ago, Gibbs828791 said:

I cant believe we drafted that clown. Terrible game,missed much more then he made, showed up late to the game, taking selfies while offense on the field,acted like a jerk in presser....nice pick midget

I might be done with this site in all honesty. Unbelievable.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I've already told you, you jus dont care, so I dont care.  It's fine, agree to disagree on how much of a deal this is for him and why that more important then getting the highest pick possible.

I get it. I just don't think getting a QB who didn't even play well his first home win like this is something that actually effects his developlent or future.

5 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Edit: As UKskins posted, we're actually in 4th place now. Worse than I thought.

That's if we beat the Giants, we almost guaranteed to get scraped by everyone else on the schedule.  Relax, we getting top 5 pick at this rate, which will be fine trading down.  I dont care about Young, we need to fix this oline, that's what our first pick should be anyways replacing Trent.

Archived