Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GAMEDAY THREAD: JETS @ REDSKINS

SkinsGuy

4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

This is probably the quickest I've ever judged a player, but he just doesn't have it. We can sit around and wait for him to maybe develop but chances are he won't.

He might not.  But he basically was told by Gruden day 1 he didn’t want him, he had no chance to start, and just do the best you can.  Work a bit with KO.  See you in the off season. 

He got little practice time, and was essentially ignored.  

So so before I make any judgement on Haskins I’d like to see a plan for his development, a coach who is committed to working on his fundamentals, and has a plan for him.

It might still not work but the kid has basocally ally has no chance.  Gruden didn’t want him and Callahan’s run all the time philosophy is not good for a QB, regardless of what anybody says.   

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

At least JC (from all accounts) was always a hard worker and didn't need to be reminded to work hard even when his 3rd string behind Brunell and Collins.  JC was inaccurate and had a long windup, but he at least had proper footwork.

Haskins doesn’t have a long windup at all. 

1 minute ago, Gibbs828791 said:

PLaying somebody like Haskins has a negative effect on the entire team...they arent stupid they know he sucks...they know better then us.

The line has a job, so much money spent on that line and their job, especially with a rookie QB is to keep him clean and give him time. They have failed miserably. That one huge 70 yard play called back may have changed the complexity of this game.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

The line has a job, so much money spent on that line and their job, especially with a rookie QB is to keep him clean and give him time. They have failed miserably. That one huge 70 yard play called back may have changed the complexity of this game.

Yeah it could be 20-6 now!

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He might not.  But he basically was told by Gruden day 1 he didn’t want him, he had no chance to start, and just do the best you can.  Work a bit with KO.  See you in the off season. 

He got little practice time, and was essentially ignored.  

So so before I make any judgement on Haskins I’d like to see a plan for his development, a coach who is committed to working on his fundamentals, and has a plan for him.

It might still not work but the kid has basocally ally has no chance.  Gruden didn’t want him and Callahan’s run all the time philosophy is not good for a QB, regardless of what anybody says.   

Kid hasnt been in the best situation but he has to much to learn to ever be any good.

Jason Campbell was a competent NFL QB who at the very least was a low tier starter and a good backup. He lasted 9 years. So far I don't see Haskins even touching what Campbell did.  If there was O/U bet for Haskins playing 9 years everyone would take the under in second. 

Archived