Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YOUNG SHANNY IS COMING, AND IT AIN'T GONNA BE PRETTY

Hooper

13 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Rather simple, really.  Most of us despise Dan and Bruce and really have no power to make them feel the same level of disgust.  So we look to guys like Kyle, Kirk, whomever, to make them feel as bad as they make us feel.  Hurt people, hurt people.

Yeah, well that's some **** **** , honestly. Not wanting us to struggle but in epic fashion against our old guys.

I understand the rationale, wanting to keep Dan and Bruce humiliated to the max. I hate Dan and Bruce too, about as much as anyone can I suppose. However, Redskins fans giddy to see Kyle and Kirk beat us by 50 are about as pathetic as Dan and Bruce themselves.

There's other guys that are working hard that deserve support, if not for the win than to not be putting it on the line to be a national embarrassment. That's a pretty crappy culture that the fans do have power for. I'm as whatever and hopeless as ever on Dan's "reign" over the Skins but why would I root for the same guys that I want to get destroyed week in and week out? 

Just keep losing but for those who had some sort of personal investment in ALL of the bull**** shenanigans, which we the fans surely did, you want us to get stomped by those same guys who had us on pins and needles in various measures? We're talking things like our most prolific passer in recent years winning a business war and jetting, a young brilliant offensive mind playing some espionage with "The Redskins (not just Dan" in tow with his daddy.

I sure as hell don't want to get buried by those guys even if I prefer the loss

As I said here when all of it was over, I ultimately blame Snyder for making those hirings and enabling that culture, same as he enables every other rot gutting thing eating this franchise from the inside out. 

Who in their right mind thinks a HC-OC father son duo is gonna work on a state champ level HS football team, let alone an NFL team. Then the "ShannyLeaks," and other nonsense....

Shanahan was washed, and Snyders moronic desperation just gave him everything he wanted. Wash, rinse, repeat.

In the battle of douchebags, one guy was here 4 years and overall has proven to be really good at his job.  One the other side, you have 30 years between Dan and Bruce, who have brought me more hell than the Shanny’s could ever bring, and are both terrible at their jobs. So yeah, nothing anyone can say about Kyle being a douche would change how I view this matchup.

Fitzgerald has a problem with people who aren't willing to be his steady "source". I guess he must mean that Kyle didn't help create a positive culture for journalistic sourcing. Nothing wrong with being arrogant if you can back it up and deliver. When you can't, that means you're delusional, i.e., your initials are probably B.A., D.S., or you're the current HC of the Jets.

On 10/19/2019 at 8:58 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

As I said here when all of it was over, I ultimately blame Snyder for making those hirings and enabling that culture, same as he enables every other rot gutting thing eating this franchise from the inside out. 

Who in their right mind thinks a HC-OC father son duo is gonna work on a state champ level HS football team, let alone an NFL team. Then the "ShannyLeaks," and other nonsense....

Shanahan was washed, and Snyders moronic desperation just gave him everything he wanted. Wash, rinse, repeat.

I kinda disagree a little bit.  Mike and Kyle were very well paired and they could have success here except for 3 major issues.  1 of which was under their control, 2 less so.

1.  Mike Shanahan has absolutely no idea how to put together a defense.  He flipped through DCs in Denver like candy, then stuck with Haz In DC. From personnel to scheme to coaching, he was clueless. 

2. The whole salary cap penalty debacle.  That was a huge issue and seriously effected the roster.

3. Everything about the entitlement and support of Griffin.  Mike and Kyle put Griffin the absolute best possible scenario to succeed.  Griffin lied about his injury, said he wouldn’t run parts of the scheme, and the owner let him.

They really could have had success.  And Kyle was probably getting a HC job in 2014 or 2015 anyway if the Skins had continues to play well offensively.  Let’s say they start Cousins in 2013 until Griffin was actually ready and then they are able to run a similar offense to 2012.  They would have, most likely, been successful. 

3 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Todays rain will help jettison the playbook copying Kyle back to the security of the beavers lap.

We just need a mole to sabotage all the 9ers cleats.

I know Fedex is a ****ty surface to play on, but didn't realise molehills were an issue these days 😉

Callahan is an idiot. Running two straight times on that last possession was truly idiotic. A. Doesn’t know his defense or the moron coaching his defense who will inevitably give up a long drive and long 3rd down conversions.  B. It burnt clock, made the game shorter.  

I’m really sick of these coaches with their own “style” that they force on their team no matter the personnel.  He really felt they might score more than 3 points like that?

I guess Callahan deserves credit for making the games shorter so the final score might look less aesthetically awful.  

Montez Sweat is a bust.  I think the rest of the league didn’t draft him In the first round for reasons not just related to his heart. 

On 10/19/2019 at 8:04 AM, dyst said:

Is Kyle known to be a douche in his other stops? He certainly looks kinda jerkish but I can certainly see how coming here would bring out the worst in you.

This is what everyone who likes to point out the flaws of these people miss. 

Guess what? Everyone who comes here will be human and will therefore have faults. 

Guess what happens here, virtually every single damn time outside of a few anomalies who happened to be shielded under the span of control of someone competent? 

Those flaws get highlighted, the strengths diminished, and the cycle repeats. The longer they stay the more pronounced this effect. 

At this point, I have zero sympathy for anyone still wanting to point those flaws out, attempting to distribute the blame as if they know the half of it. It’s nonsense. 

“It starts at the top” is not some empty statement or overly emphasized cliche. It is simply the obvious truth. 

The only thing pertinent to focus on is trying to figure out why it perpetually happens to everyone here and why the environment consistently sets people up to fail miserably. Why the organizational structure, which is supposed to be a support system at its essence that elevates (and allows for growththose who enter into it, consistently does the total opposite here. 

Those are the results, that should be the focus.

When done right, and as we’ve seen with many consistently successful organizations, otherwise unknowns or inexperienced hires or people with generally a lot to improve upon get to grow, improve, progress, and begin to flex their creative capacities at the highest of levels. And success almost always follows as a result. 

Pointing out what the people hired here eventually did as they regressed like the vast majority do is such a waste of time it’s disgusting. 

But then so is caring enough about it to post at all, so hey, I guess we’re all in the same Snyder Yacht. 

Good for Kyle on winning and giving his dad the game ball. Good on him to make a point to suggest his dad was mistreated. I believe him 100% over this team. Snyder and Allen are assholes. It wasn’t Shannahan who leaked SMC started drinking, it wasn’t Shannahan who leaked that video of Jay drunk and it wasn’t Shannahan who held a press conference to detail the contract details put forth to Kirk. These clowns are assholes.

Archived