Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YOUNG SHANNY IS COMING, AND IT AIN'T GONNA BE PRETTY

Hooper

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

2 games I go to for the season, one is 85 degrees heat and the other rain, great.  :(

Lest you get to see it. 

By the time I get out of the biggest football game on the planet Sunday and the train home, I'll do well to be back in the house before the 4th quarter. 

Hail. 

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Lest you get to see it. 

By the time I get out of the biggest football game on the planet Sunday and the train home, I'll do well to be back in the house before the 4th quarter. 

Hail. 

Trust me I'd much rather see the LFC versus United game live than this game.  So I don't feel sorry for you.  😀

On 10/13/2019 at 11:14 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m curious if other teams do this.  I recall attending a “homecoming” game vs. a struggling Carolina team several years ago, and we got whooped.  I believe it was Deangelo Williams that said afterwards how disrespectful it was and that it fueled their fire.

How would that be disrespectful though? It’s a coming home weekend for the alumni players. I struggle to see how that can be viewed as disrespectful...

also that was the game before the 7 game winning streak in 2012 i believe.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

How would that be disrespectful though? It’s a coming home weekend for the alumni players. I struggle to see how that can be viewed as disrespectful...

also that was the game before the 7 game winning streak in 2012 i believe.

Schools typically schedule a cupcake team for homecoming.  A team they are rather certain to beat.

It’s not a coincidence that the Skins select the weekend for these events around a team they feel pretty good about beating.  Of course they end up wrong, par for the course.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Trust me I'd much rather see the LFC versus United game live than this game.  So I don't feel sorry for you.  😀

On top of missing most the 9ers game, you've got the double whammy this week of the Vikings game being Thursday. 

We don't get back from Belgium until late afternoon into London off the train. Then the train home doesn't get in until mid-evening. So going right through Thursday mostly travelling, and then the Vikings game not kicking here until after 1 in the AM, I'll be like an extra from the Walking Dead in work on Friday. 

The 'joys' of being a match going supporter marrying that up with a passion for another sport in another Country. Kettles yer head at times. 🤪

Hail. 

This is what Kyle said, when ask if there was any extra motivation coming into this game, "No, not at all," Shanahan said. "That was a while ago. I've been in three different buildings since. My dad retired. He's good. We've accepted what we had to deal with there and moved on. We'll watch other people deal with it."

So I suppose it wasn't RGIII they had to deal with, but something much more diabolical....

I really would like to know specifically what IT is that they had to deal with? I was listening  to Lavar on one of the talk shows. He said "trust me" when talking about the Redskins' dysfunction. He did confirm the story about players being told not to look Dan in the eyes. But he himself was cool with Dan.

Bottom line....the Redskins are going to get that ass kicked because the QB play is suspect and the 49ers D is beastly. But I would love to see a behind the scenes/investigative/documentary about what everyone alludes to, but never just talks about. Like somehow Dan is a made man or worse IT himself. Somebody please develop a lifetime's "surviving Dan"

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Schools typically schedule a cupcake team for homecoming.  A team they are rather certain to beat.

It’s not a coincidence that the Skins select the weekend for these events around a team they feel pretty good about beating.  Of course they end up wrong, par for the course.

If the redskins felt they’d beat the 49ers this weekend with a healthy jimmy g, or Dallas in 2017 with dak and Zeke leading the way, or panthers with cam newton in 2012, then they aren’t the brightest group 😂😂😂 

but, we knew that already :P 

20 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

On top of missing most the 9ers game, you've got the double whammy this week of the Vikings game being Thursday. 

We don't get back from Belgium until late afternoon into London off the train. Then the train home doesn't get in until mid-evening. So going right through Thursday mostly travelling, and then the Vikings game not kicking here until after 1 in the AM, I'll be like an extra from the Walking Dead in work on Friday. 

The 'joys' of being a match going supporter marrying that up with a passion for another sport in another Country. Kettles yer head at times. 🤪

Hail. 

I've seen LFC play 3 times, twice in friendlies in the states and once at Anfield.  Be cool to see a Champions League game especially on the road.   Maybe next year.  I've been to Brussels and Bruge but never Genk -- I am guessing its Waterloo station to Brussels (speed train) and then change trains to Genk?  Hey at least you can get some great chips, chocolate and beer in that country. 

When I cabbed from Liverpool to the Manchester Airport, I talked to the driver for awhile, he was a City fan and he does what you do, go to every game home and the road ones, Champions League, too.  Sounds like a blast but exhausting. 

The football schedule typically works well around the premier league.  The Saturday games are perfect because they are usually in the morning before the college games.  And the Sunday games are typically 11:30 am eastern time. I pretty much get every game except on my satellite system except for the early cup games.   Obviously, I am not as hardcore as you, not even close, but relatively committed as for the typical Yank, I'd say worse case I miss 1 game a year on TV.    Its a long story but years way back I became friends with Sam Leach (died 3 years ago) who was one of the early managers of the Beatles, he was an LFC fanatic, loved hanging out at the Grapes.  When I visited Liverpool for the first time he encouraged me to do the stadium tour -- I was a casual fan before that but that got my hooked, early years of Gerrard. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've seen LFC play 3 times, twice in friendlies in the states and once at Anfield.  Be cool to see a Champions League game especially on the road.   Maybe next year.  I've been to Brussels and Bruge but never Genk -- I am guessing its Waterloo station to Brussels (speed train) and then change trains to Genk?  Hey at least you can get some great chips, chocolate and beer in that country. 

Yup, Eurostar to Brussels then a local train upto Genk. Just as easy-going the train to that one and saving on holidays by just doing an overnight. Done to London Tuesday evening. First train out Wednesday. 

3 days Salzburg December. Flying direct the Monday. Then back via Munich, after the train down, Wednesday. 

And then bloody Qatar the following week for 4 nights the World Club Cup. Got a great deal on flights on that one. 

Not so 'cool' on your wallet and personal life but yer know? 

Hail. 

On 10/15/2019 at 10:19 AM, goskins10 said:

I think the plan was for Mike to come in and get the ship righted with Kyles help then pass the torch to Kyle when he was ready to step down. That honestly was a good idea. But it was so toxic here with Mike - some his fault some not so much - that Kyle staying was just not really adoption. Kyle did not want to stay here. You can't really blame him. 

Personally I hated Mike S but had no real problem with Kyle. 

If I were Kyle I would score as often as I could and run the score up as much as possible. Let's see if they can be the first team to 100. I can never root for the Redskins to lose. So I obviously hope that we win. But it would not crush me if they hung 50+ on us and sent dan into a hissy fit. While I hate losing at this point I take solace in dan's misery. 

I wonder if Dan really cares if this team wins or loses. If he did, why would he leave Bruce here while watching the losses pile up?

11 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Yup, Eurostar to Brussels then a local train upto Genk. Just as easy-going the train to that one and saving on holidays by just doing an overnight. Done to London Tuesday evening. First train out Wednesday. 

3 days Salzburg December. Flying direct the Monday. Then back via Munich, after the train down, Wednesday. 

And then bloody Qatar the following week for 4 nights the World Club Cup. Got a great deal on flights on that one. 

Not so 'cool' on your wallet and personal life but yer know? 

Hail. 

Yeah I can imagine.   If you haven't been before, Salzburg is a great city.   

2 hours ago, dyst said:

Just reading some of the Kylie quotes, man Snyder really hasn’t changed and doesn’t seem to get even after all these years.

Makes me think how a lot of people on here swore Snyder learned from his earlier mistakes.  But he has not learned anything from Day 1.  

I’m gonna really enjoy this game Sunday.  Hope the 49’ers bring their A game.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Was just listening to Sheehan who knows the Shannys pretty well.  Interestingly, he said he's heard Dan and Bruce hate Kyle more than Mike.  He said Kyle was the one who was more direct to Bruce and Dan personally and he wasn't the type to pull punches. 

I'm just personally glad neither have anything to do with this organisation any more and hope against hope that if we are to only win 1 more game this season, it comes Sunday. 

From the outset of this season, I've wanted this one BAD!

Hail. 

Archived