Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

YOUNG SHANNY IS COMING, AND IT AIN'T GONNA BE PRETTY


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

 

I'm just personally glad neither have anything to do with this organisation any more and hope against hope that if we are to only win 1 more game this season, it comes Sunday. 

 

From the outset of this season, I've wanted this one BAD!

 

Hail. 

 

In his last year, I was glad Mike was going.  I don't put all the ugliness though of 2013 on him.  I did at the time but digesting all the reports afterwards Dan's weird man crush on RG3 seemed pretty clearly part of the dysfunction that brought out the worst in all parties. 

 

Kyle on the other hand from what I could tell then and also now, I don't think was part of the RG3 mess.  McNabb though was likely a different story.   If you buy the reports on the McNabb drill (and I do because they all converged on the same story), Dan wanted McNabb.  Shanny wanted Bulger.  Dan got McNabb (Shanny could have resisted and its on him I guess for not insisting on no).  But supposedly the one who really didn't think much of McNabb in a big way was Kyle.  And Kyle was especially unhappy with the move.  And he and McNabb didn't mesh.   

 

But otherwise as far as I can tell, Kyle wasn't a part of the RG3 drama and he more so than Mike designed the offense for 2012.   But as for the spitting match with Dan, Mike to me came off passive aggressive -- leaks to the press and then denying he did it, etc.   Kyle on the other hand comes off straight off aggressive.  That's his rep.  He's a tell it like it is kind of dude.  So it doesn't surprise me that Sheehan (who is friends with the family) said that Kyle is the one Dan/Bruce dislike more because he was willing to tell them off to their face.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mr. S said:

 Back in 2014, I thought it made more sense to promote Kyle to head coach instead of Jay Gruden.  Both were considered "up and coming coaches" so may as well have kept the one who was already in house.  

That would have been great and all, but there was no chance to keep Kyle.  He had seen and experienced enough, there was no way on earth he would stay here.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
Link to post
Share on other sites

The important thing I took from Kyle's press conference was his vision of the what he wants the 49ers to be matches what their FO wants it to be.  They're all on the same page.  Meanwhile Jay did an interview this week and said his vision of what he wanted the Redskins to be didn't align with what the FO was doing.  He didn't slam Bruce, actually said the Redskins drafts have been good, but sounds like they're drafting talent for the sake of drafting talent and not doing it with a clear vision of what they want this team to be.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Not sure what Full Mode is? Yeah, I've heard we're close....I also heard that Trent Williams is gonna play for the Redskins again. 

Bruce was on with NBC4 prior to the start of the season, discussing Trent.  Same interview where he smugly said that Trent would be playing here, he said he was worried about who was here because they were in “full mode”.  Personally one of my favorite Brucisms.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drowland said:

The important thing I took from Kyle's press conference was his vision of the what he wants the 49ers to be matches what their FO wants it to be.  They're all on the same page.  Meanwhile Jay did an interview this week and said his vision of what he wanted the Redskins to be didn't align with what the FO was doing.  He didn't slam Bruce, actually said the Redskins drafts have been good, but sounds like they're drafting talent for the sake of drafting talent and not doing it with a clear vision of what they want this team to be.  

That makes sense. Gruden wants a high flying aerial attack, but in 2015(we had no 1st in 2014 his first draft here)we draft a Guard.

 

Then this past year when he's on the hot seat we draft a QB that appears to be raw and needs development. Then we trade back into the 1st to draft...a pass rusher. Albeit a talented one, but not someone that Gruden can work with on offense.

 

Other then Haskins I think the only offensive player we drafted in the first two rounds in the Gruden era was Guice who appears to be an injury prone bust at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites

SVP played a snippet of Kyle's quotes on his time with the Skins early this morning.

 

SVP then brought up the 1968 Ohio State-Michigan game which the Buckeyes won 50-14 and Woody Hayes famously went for a 2 point conversion late in the game.  After the game, Woody was asked by a reporter why he went for 2.  "Because I couldn't go for 3", was his reply.  SVP said this could metaphorically be Kyle's "go for 3" moment on Sunday.

 

Personally, I hope Kyle does get to rub it in Danny and Brucey's faces.

Link to post
Share on other sites

All logic indicates there is no way the Redskins should win on Sunday.  But any time a team not led by Tom Brady is all but guaranteed to win, I start thinking of ways the Skins could potentially pull it out.  


While I don't believe in Manusky, and I'm meh on Callahan, any given Sunday anything can happen - particularly to a team traveling across the country for a 1pm start.  I still expect the 49ers to win but something tells me it won't be an all-out blowout of epic proportion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Noone is exempt from Any Given Sunday, ever

 

If Zorn was coaching the 9ers I'd be worried about us winning.

 

They are still missing about 1/2 of their OL though but I doubt that's a valid excuse on that team.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I'm hard-pressed to think both Dad and son weren't involved in the almost daily leaks back then. I wouldn't trust either of them at all. 

 

 

 

Notice all the drama coming out of SFO?

 

Oh, NVM, they are too busy actually winning now. Yet here, lots of drama and we're still "close".

Edited by SkinsFTW
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

 

Notice all the drama coming out of SFO?

 

Oh, NVM, they are too busy actually winning now. Yet here we're still "close".

 

I notice a history rewrite in your zeal to add on Snyder when he is a big enough disgrace to not need any exaggerations if that helps.

 

But whatever floats your boat man.

 

Reliving the Shanahan error, uhmmm, era, is not something I care to do again.

 

Hail.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

I recall thinking Sean was more HC material than Kyle because of their personalities.  Sean is easy going and charismatic.  Kyle can be prickly and I never thought he came off that personable.    But it doesn't surprise me that Kyle is considered the offensive genius even over Sean as guys like Daniel Jeremiah say they found when they asked people around the league.

 

I'd still take Sean because if his major personality edge IMO.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We averaged 2.8 YPC in the second half last week...against the Dolphins historically bad run D. SF has a top run D...we are ****ed. 

Agreed, as I said, there is nothing logical that suggests the Skins should win or even play a respectable game against the Niners.  Perhaps I'm just resigned to never getting the results I want from the Redskins.  For the first time in life, I was rooting against them last week.  Then in the battle of who can leave the least amount of stain from a shart, they end up victorious.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guy is a damn good coach, and he's a complete coach, BB style. He could be your OC, DC.....doesn't matter. He's that thorough. Looking forward to seeing him succeed for a long, long time. I just hope he doesn't have any success this Sunday, of course. Gruden could design plays to get people open, but Shanahan is a real wiz at that, too. Watching that offense is a lot of fun.

 

One of the things lost in the M. Shanahan vs. the FO theme was just how brilliant K. Shanahan was at designing an offense that masked Griffin's limitations, maximized his strengths, and kept the D off balance by killing them with an incredibly well-designed rushing attack. That's something that really impressed me.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

While I don't believe in Manusky, and I'm meh on Callahan, any given Sunday anything can happen - particularly to a team traveling across the country for a 1pm start.  I still expect the 49ers to win but something tells me it won't be an all-out blowout of epic proportion.

I can see that too that it might not be an all-out blowout, but I still think the Niners win in relative convincing fashion.  And they probably won't even need to be on their A game to do it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

I recall thinking Sean was more HC material than Kyle because of their personalities.  Sean is easy going and charismatic.  Kyle can be prickly and I never thought he came off that personable.    But it doesn't surprise me that Kyle is considered the offensive genius even over Sean as guys like Daniel Jeremiah say they found when they asked people around the league.

 

I'd still take Sean because if his major personality edge IMO.

 

 

 

 

You and i tend to agree but I have to disagree here. I think in then end Kyle is a better HC. I think he is more complete. BB is not exactly a nice guy to be around but he gets results. Bill Parcells was a bonified prick. 

 

I think you are seeing this year who the better HC is. Sean started with something in terms of talent. He is making it Ok, but you can see the weaknesses. Kyle had to start from scratch and has put together a much more solid team. 

 

Don't get me wrong, would have liked either to be HC here, but between the two, give me Kyle all day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Bruce was on with NBC4 prior to the start of the season, discussing Trent.  Same interview where he smugly said that Trent would be playing here, he said he was worried about who was here because they were in “full mode”.  Personally one of my favorite Brucisms.

Lol. 

 

Someone needs to start a thread on all the best Bruceisms. There are so, so many. They should not be forgotten. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dissident2 said:

Lol. 

 

Someone needs to start a thread on all the best Bruceisms. There are so, so many. They should not be forgotten. 

 

We're close to winning off the field with the upcoming Harvest Fest that's in full mode and will have a culture that's actually damn good.  

Edited by drowland
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...