Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

4 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

Good point. By playing Dwayne, it may actually give Jay a longer leash.  Everyone knows I am not alone in wanting to see the kid; Dan wants to see him, too. I am not sure how long Jay can hold that off, short of winning. 

I am bit surprised so many have already decided they want him to sit the entire year, without even learning how Jay intends to use him or judging him by his preseason performance. It's a new dawn of QB development in the NFL.... it's called feet to the fire. We see it every year now, it seems.

Case will need an Alex Smith 2017 type of year to hold him off all year.  I feel confident in saying Jay will use last years approach, slow play run / bend dont break D, so Case will be looking at 2018 Alex Smith numbers.  Yawn.  Perhaps the D struggling (read: LOSSES) will be what gets Dwayne in fastest.  Case won't be asked to do enough to fail spectacularly.  Take the unders.

My worry about Haskins starting immediately is that if he does and he struggles mightily, it could really mess up his development arc. He has such limited experience and when you combine that with mediocre to poor lower body mechanics, as well as only having played behind an elite OL and with a stacked stable of 4.3-4.4 receivers who can do a bunch of the heavy lifting, I think pushing him in there too fast could be a recipe for disaster. If and only if Jay truly thinks he's ready do I want him in there. From what Jay has said it sounds like he's fine with taking it slow for now, which is good to hear. I just hope Dan doesn't stick his nose in and start pushing Jay to start Haskins...especially if the season doesn't start out well. 

18 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Doesn't Haskins come from a wealthy family?.. wasn't he or isn't he in all kinds of money before signing a contract with the skins?.. I don't understand how it's a red flag..

Plus he needs dependable transportation to get to practice on time.

We once had a QB who drove an unreliable, old, beat-up van, late to practice. Maybe that's why he threw so many interceptions at first.

cousins.jpg

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Sorry if this was already posted.

Hard to tell, with such a busy thread.

Nate Burleson is awful. Peter Scrager is usually annoying to me too but he brings up a good point about the fans being excited with Haskins playing. No one is gonna be excited with Case or Colt. With a new stadium on the horizon, I’m sure Synder will press Gruden to play him week 1 and I’m all for it. Would sitting an entire year help him develop? Sure but we can’t afford to have him be Mahomes and Gruden needs to make the playoffs this year. 

These guys coming into the NFL are much more prepared to handle playing right away. Last year Darnold and Allen started right away and you saw glimpses particularly with Allen. Mayfield sat a few games and Josh Allen too. Allen didn’t benefit from sitting. 

Week One vs Eagles you’re starting QB is number 7 Dwayne Haskins!

What business is it of any of us what type car or how he spends HIS money.  As long as it gets his butt to practice on time I don't care.  Once I got my first steady paycheck I went out and bought a car also.  It wasn't a Bentley but if I made his kind of cash it very well might have been.  From what I understand, cash has never been a problem for his family.  Work hard young man and enjoy the ride (in your new Bentley).

The thing is he has arrived. 

Where to you ask?

The fifteenth overall pick and a contract large enough to obviously buy a Bentley. 

He worked his ass off and it paid off, it doesn't mean he's going to quit now that he owns an expensive car.

Jesus people get a grip, if the time comes that it looks like he's more invested In fortune and fame than becoming a franchise quarterback then we can worry but it's kinda early to make that determination based off one extravagant purchase.

8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

@Skinsinparadise thanks for the podcast.

I love listening to Josh Norman.

Just somethin about his jovial, laid-back personality.

As for Haskins car, I'm not worried about what he drives, and I'm not worried about the people who are worried about what he drives.

Josh Norman on The Rich Eisen Show: "Skins need to put Gettleman on salary because he's winning for us."😂

Hail Em Up!

10 hours ago, evmiii said:

What business is it of any of us what type car or how he spends HIS money.  As long as it gets his butt to practice on time I don't care.  

I agree with this.

Cousins drove a beat-up old van around here.

Did that mean he wasn't about the money? Hardly, as the situation ended up playing out.

Not to mention Cousins driving a more humble car didn't result in a lot of playoff wins or Super Bowl appearances here (or in Minnesota so far, for that matter :)).

There is a good deal to speculate and talk about that is important in regards to Haskins.

I don't think the car he drives is anywhere near the top of the list. :)

There are a lot of different forces in play here, and a lot of them are in conflict or are mutually exclusive. Jay needing to make decisions based on his supposed need to win to cover his ass and keep his job is not necessarily what I would think of as parallel to what Haskins might need first/most/best to develop into a franchise QB. The mutterings about what TheDan wants or might want will be mixed with ear-splitting fans that love to scream about **** whether they have a clue or not (in point of fact the loudest are usually the least educated). The off season lovefest from the media desperate to get any attention will mutate into second guessing and criticism no matter which happens, I could see an equal amount of crap flung if Haskins plays or if he isn't playing. yadda yadda yadda, we've seen this script before, the clamor swells and overrides the actual playing of football. We're already seeing a lot of chatter about the O line, who will play, who might play, who we doubt, how well they could protect a fragile rook prospect, and don't even get me started on the TEs.

Somebody in this kalabalik needs to man up, egos need to put aside and a clear eye needs to be making decisions. Sure glad it isn't on my shoulders.

I don't really care about what car he drives as long as he works his ass off.

Remember this ugly, ludicrous thing that Trent spent $150,000 on not long after he got his contract?

Screen+Shot+2013-01-28+at+1.51.49+PM.png

Trent wound up fine so I don't think there's a direct correlation.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Trent wound up fine so I don't think there's a direct correlation.

Clearly, he didn't. That chain was the obvious reason he has so many injuries. One poor purchase and the weight of that Silverback put so much pressure on his soft tissue and joints that it weakened him for his career.

I now agree that Haskins car is a problem. Without having to deal with breakdowns like the rest of us, how will he ever learn to face adversity?

16 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Doesn't Haskins come from a wealthy family?.. wasn't he or isn't he in all kinds of money before signing a contract with the skins?.. I don't understand how it's a red flag..

You know EXACTLY why it's a red flag...

It's a non issue.  Anyone making in excess of 8+ million in a year should not be questioned for the car they choose to buy. 

9 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Wish I had a Bentley..as I imagine many of you do as well..I'm okay with my 95 GMC hand me down from my dad though..

Man what? Thats my dream car too. Only difference between me and Dwayne Haskins is I would have told all of yall to suck my exhaust pipe. That and obviously I would kick his ass in Mario Kart. Thats it though.  

Archived