Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t think anyone expects Haskins to win a whole bunch with this gang, but we would like him to look better than Duck Hodges.  Is that not fair?

did you see the multiple shots Dwayne took yesterday from free blitzers? Did you see any short intermediate routes even attempted to help him out? No, it’s not fair to compare the two with the supporting cast so incredibly different. 

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

did you see the multiple shots Dwayne took yesterday from free blitzers? Did you see any short intermediate routes even attempted to help him out? No, it’s not fair to compare the two with the supporting cast so incredibly different. 

Oh my, another QB sabotaged by the Oline and playcallers. Phew.

We can’t even run a playaction because AP misses his blocks repeatedly. 

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Oh my, another QB sabotaged by the Oline and playcallers. Phew.

Yea actually having a probowl OL and playcallers that aren’t interim coaches that write game plans centered around a 34 yr old rb that can’t block on a playaction makes a big difference. Why don’t you ask Andrew Luck the difference a good OL and play caller makes? Did you have an actual point? 

14 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

did you see the multiple shots Dwayne took yesterday from free blitzers?

On at least two occasions the reason Haskins took shots from free blitzers was because Haskins either screwed up the protection call or failed to recognise that the protection called meant he owned the guy blitzing and had to throw hot if he rushed. That happens - but it needs to happen a lot less.

14 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Did you see any short intermediate routes even attempted to help him out? No, it’s not fair to compare the two with the supporting cast so incredibly different. 

Intermediate routes should be the staple of the offense and play calling right now. We are hitting on a number of them when we get the protection right. What's happening is we are running the ball reasonably well and teams want to stop that and force us to make Haskins throw. So we have a lot of 8 man boxes. Teams also know the other big threat is play action and deep shots to McLaurin so they are giving him cushion and cheating the FS over the top of him. That leaves Harmon and Simms with a lot of man and space to work in the middle of the field. Thats why Harmon has been picking up some nice chunk plays (he looks like a guy who can develop as well).

I'd be looking to take advantage of that in the next three weeks and also going more up temp. See what Haskins can handle. Force the D to adjust which will give better run looks.

I doubt Bill thinks the same way though.

13 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

We can’t even run a playaction because AP misses his blocks repeatedly. 

Yea actually having a probowl OL and playcallers that aren’t interim coaches that write game plans centered around a 34 yr old rb that can’t block on a playaction makes a big difference. Why don’t you ask Andrew Luck the difference a good OL and play caller makes? Did you have an actual point? 

I'm not defending this squad by any stretch and I don't expect Haskins to carry these guys to a bunch of W's. 

But he looks butt thus far, it's not even debatable.  Anything else is just fishing for reasons why it's everyone else and not him.  I'm actually kind of marveled by the way some of you guys can watch him and still come up with umpteen reasons why it's not about him.  Nothing outside of his arm strength breeds a smidgen of confidence.

And I'm in no rush to ship him off anywhere as I don't think this team is merely a QB away from doing anything meaningful.  I'm aware that good QBs don't grow on trees.  But I'm not going to sit here and lie to myself and make excuses for how pedestrian buddy looks out there on the regular.  Who knows, perhaps he grows up some during the offseason and really puts the work in - that would be awesome.  But he's got bigger fish to fry than the playcalling or his Oline.

Remind please, is Haskin's 4th start?  I think it is so I don't care to hear any discouraging words about him yet, it's premature.  Let's wait until the end of the season before he gets his initial assessment.  Which means another 3 games against division rivals; Philly, NY, and Dallas.  Let's see how Haskins looks after these last 3 games.  We all know already he isn't the early bloomer of his QB class but I'm hoping he makes a little progress and the Skins are encouraged enough to plan on 16 starts from him in 2020.  

The line gave him time yesterday, were there breakdowns and missed blocking assignments, sure, but there were many times where he had time to stand tall in the pocket but instead of unloading the ball around that 3.5 to 4-second mark he held it.

I would argue he has made progress in that we are more competitive now than we were before. But the likelihood of this team winning the next three is minimal at best, and he shouldn’t take that blame. In any event I just want him to stay healthy, get some game experience, and for the team to lock up the no.2. 

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I would argue he has made progress in that we are more competitive now than we were before. But the likelihood of this team winning the next three is minimal at best, and he shouldn’t take that blame. In any event I just want him to stay healthy, get some game experience, and for the team to lock up the no.2. 

We are more competitive because the defense has played better.

He doesn't need to win games.  He needs to prove he can look competent and sling it all over the yard on either the Giants or Eagles.  Every 1st round rookie QB should have at least one game where they feast on a poor secondary.  Otherwise, you've got to worry.

3 hours ago, MartinC said:

Only capital we have really is Williams and Kerrigan IMO. Who else are you looking at? And I don't see either of them getting a first. 2nd for Trent and maybe a 3rd or 4th for Kerrigan.

I'd like for Kerrigan to have an opportunity to win somewhere before his career is over.  A 3rd or 4th round pick would be useful in a deep WR class.  

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/the-chris-cooley-show-washington-redskins-qbJLRKeTEDw/

Thats a nice Cooley Podcast with Portis talking about Haskins development, mentions the Interception and says its on Harmon for not coming back. Also talks about the confusing stuff Haskins is getting form coaching in terms of going deep vs short, but also on the sacks being on Haskins vs the line (trusting them too much sometimes). They seem pretty positive. 

45 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

So, Dwayne...you, uh, got some improving to do...

QB efficiency for this season:

hahahhaha!! he is so next level bad - its actually comical listening to people talk about "improvement" etc when its so obvious he is a running joke.  The book is written, everyone just needs to read it

47 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

So, Dwayne...you, uh, got some improving to do...

QB efficiency for this season:

I was expecting him to be near the bottom, but couldn't find him on the chart.

Turns out, his efficiency is damn near off the charts. We've really lucked into a once in a lifetime qb prospect here.

Haskins is at 6 YPA, 55% completions and has 3 passing TDs in 5 starts. (David Biough has 3 passing TDs in 2 starts)

Dude is objectively terrible. He's improved getting the plays in, snapping the football and that's it. Looked like he was getting the protections better, but that was against DET/CAR who don't blitz as much. Yea he can make a big throw here or there, but we saw that in preseason. He has unforced errors and misses easy throws for no reason. 

The only defense of Haskins is that he was drafted by the Redskins unfortunately for him. 

1 hour ago, ggarriso said:

hahahhaha!! he is so next level bad - its actually comical listening to people talk about "improvement" etc when its so obvious he is a running joke.  The book is written, everyone just needs to read it

You arent kidding, kid did nothing for a quarter other then look like complete garbage. He throws a 20yd pass with no pressure in the middle of the field to a wide open Harmon, and posters here..here..were writing "now thats a great pass"..lol

How bad do you stink when people think a good pass is a 20 yd middle of the field pass with nobody within 4 yds of the QB and not within 10 yds of the wr. Tells me you havent seen anything from him. You cant go into next season with this guy!

3 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

How bad do you stink when people think a good pass is a 20 yd middle of the field pass with nobody within 4 yds of the QB and not within 10 yds of the wr. Tells me you havent seen anything from him. You cant go into next season with this guy!

Right on! Honestly, minus a couple nice bombs I have not seen him make a single throw a decent club level flag football QB could not make, theres just nothing there.  

There is this. I realize it does fit with the zeitgeist (and I swear I’m not Haskins agent).

I’m not sure where the claim about clean pocket being the most stable way to predict QB development comes from. But this is PFF not just some guy off the street. For what that’s worth.

5 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Haskins made only one legit throw yesterday.  The throw to Chris Thompson in stride during garbage time.  Aside from that, he was poor.  If we are not taking a QB with the first rounder, we must take one in rounds 3 or 4.

I think he was ok. Rodgers was poor yesterday. His age is catching up to him. 

Archived