Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

This right here is exactly what I’m talking about with you guys acting like his parents the moment someone is critical 

Go through all my posts and tell me where I said anything remotely close to that. 

I get closer to that statement every week. Only thing preventing me saying it is the offseason leap he could make. 

Though, if I'm the Skins I'm going into next season with Haskins competing for the spot or the designated back-up for developmental reasons. I'm not sure the team should give up on him at this point. But having another plan for starting quarterback is imperative.

I've always said the best QB should play. And I still believe that.

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I get closer to that statement every week. Only thing preventing me saying it is the offseason leap he could make. 

Though, if I'm the Skins I'm going into next season with Haskins competing for the spot or the designated back-up for developmental reasons. I'm not sure the team should give up on him at this point. But having another plan for starting quarterback is imperative.

I've always said the best QB should play. And I still believe that.

Yeah. He's had a couple of nice throws, but he has yet to have a moment where you think... that's the QB I hope he turns into. I guess the closest was the drive to get the winning score a few weeks ago, but if there's such a thing as "it" I've yet to really see it.

I do know that there have been lots of HOF QBs that have had terrible rookie campaigns. At the same time, there are lots of QB busts that have had terrible rookie campaigns, too.

16 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Definitely milking it. Not even a hint of a limp after the game. Some kind of miracle ankle rub? Mr. Miyagi must've rubbed his hands together and healed that ankle in the locker room.

I think I saw a video on twitter of Haskins limping up the two flights of stairs back to the skins locker room after the game today. It was posted by one of the local media guys 

I don't know how good he is eventually going to be but I was pretty nervous watching him limp around on the field during the game. I kept wishing they would take him out. All I could think of was RG3 limping around on the field during the Jan 2016 playoff game and me yelling at Shanny through the TV screen to get him out of there. Griffin was already playing on a knee strain from a previous game and finally injured it worse, pretty much wrecking the rest of his career.

I just thought it was a pretty dumb more to leave Haskins on the field limping like that today but what the heck do I know?

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think I saw a video on twitter of Haskins limping up the two flights of stairs back to the skins locker room after the game today. It was posted by one of the local media guys 

Yeah, on camera. Out of view, and after leaving the locker room, no limp.

I’ve been around here for quite some time. Hope this doesn’t get taken the wrong way since I’m not a 1k plus poster but...

The hate for this man (Haskins) by some of our “own” fans/media is unreal. Some of us deserve the **** show Snyder/Allen has created. 

The man had no quit in him today. He was hurt and showed some guts but to assume he was faking/milking is unreal. 

Damn.... I get the frustration about his play, I want the guy to get better too. I’m ok with his progression thus far especially with the current state of this franchise. 

I liked his toughness today. Also paying with young skill position players, it will take some time. 

But please guys and gals let’s not be that fan base doubting this man injury. 

Hail to our REDSKINS... And Snyder if you’re reading this, get Bruce the **** out of here already!

19 minutes ago, SonnySideUp said:

I don't know how good he is eventually going to be but I was pretty nervous watching him limp around on the field during the game. I kept wishing they would take him out. All I could think of was RG3 limping around on the field during the Jan 2016 playoff game and me yelling at Shanny through the TV screen to get him out of there. Griffin was already playing on a knee strain from a previous game and finally injured it worse, pretty much wrecking the rest of his career.

I think that RG3 injury has people a bit gunshy. Its not like its unheard of for guys to get banged up, go back into the game and finish it up. Heck, one of my favorite memories as a kid as Doug Williams getting hurt but not letting Jay come in. There's a line between being tough and being dumb and I think thats what the NFLPA and team doctors are for. But he was able to finish the game because he did finish it. Will it have any lasting impact on him? Who knows. 

26 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Pretty good example of feedback loop/cult behavior.  Couple twitter guys softsell the “Haskins fakes it” angle, then a little bit of talk radio, then the forum guys back it up with a hard sell.

Rinse, repeat, radio guy leases a new Aston Martin...

Should have leased a Mazda.

I think he may have gotten hurt on the very first play of the game that i saw.  Third quarter.  It's like 3rd and 2.  Either our offensive coaches are incredibly incompetent or our offensive line is clueless but the play was as follows.  This franchise drafted Preston Smith as a pass rusher and touted him as such, although he never really developed into that in Washington.  But yet these geniuses decide there is no need to block him at all on this play, and just give him a free run at the quarterback untouched.  Yes they get the first down on a quick slant, but Smith absolutely crushes Haskins.  He was very slow getting up.  

27 minutes ago, glongest said:

I think he may have gotten hurt on the very first play of the game that i saw.  Third quarter.  It's like 3rd and 2.  Either our offensive coaches are incredibly incompetent or our offensive line is clueless but the play was as follows.  This franchise drafted Preston Smith as a pass rusher and touted him as such, although he never really developed into that in Washington.  But yet these geniuses decide there is no need to block him at all on this play, and just give him a free run at the quarterback untouched.  Yes they get the first down on a quick slant, but Smith absolutely crushes Haskins.  He was very slow getting up.  

Thompson whiffed on the block when Haskins got hurt.  It wasn't a line issue or a coaching issue.  The back, Thompson, was in there to pick up the rusher, which would have been adequate being that it was a quick slant call, but Thompson totally whiffed.

To any objectionable observer, of all of the rookie quarterbacks that have played this season, there have been two who have not shown any signs of hope or flashes that they have what it takes to be a franchise QB: Ryan Finley & Dwayne Haskins.  And it only took the Bengals 3 games to realize that Finley wasn't it.  I don't want the Redskins to go back to Keenum and I do think Haskins has to finish out the season, but there can't be any reasonable person who thinks "the future is bright" with him.  He is terrible.

12 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Dwayne Haskins is 10 times the man that Kevin Sheehan will ever be.

This is hilarious.  And 100% false.

9 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Pretty good example of feedback loop/cult behavior.  Couple twitter guys softsell the “Haskins fakes it” angle, then a little bit of talk radio, then the forum guys back it up with a hard sell.

Rinse, repeat, radio guy leases a new Aston Martin...

It was a narrative in the Game Day Thread before any media guys said it.

I'm not going to say Haskins was faking it, but there were times it was apparent he had a limp, and there were times he was moving completely normally on the field. I'm not sure why. Maybe it was adrenaline. Maybe it was the way he moved and it didn't put pressure on the injury. Maybe it was milking it. I don't know. Nor am I going to sit here and pretend like I do know. But if you watch, there were times he moved gingerly and times he was moving completely normally during the play.

I agree with aspects of this.  Like I said yesterday, I think Haskins could use a breakout game in the mix especially with his peers doing it.   Though am doubting per the point of that article that any new coach would push for an alternative.  Also aside from Burrow who looks out of reach, who would that guy be?    I'd figure this team of all teams would be gun shy of Tua's injury history.  Herbert is so wildly up and down that its hard for me to see that.  I think Haskins is for sure getting another ride next season.   

You can debate whether moving on from a first-rounder after a small sample of starts is fair, but the reality in the NFL is that new coaches like to begin their tenure with QBs that they really like, and often times, that means QBs that they've drafted.

Now, as mentioned earlier, Haskins has shown off some useful traits. His arm strength will never be debated, and since taking over as the Redskins' signal caller, the rookie has also been brave in the pocket, been way more mobile than expected and made incremental improvements in areas like footwork and at-the-line audibles.

No. 7 has tools to work with, and those tools could become sharper with more time and with a new coach who wants to sharpen them. Plus, those tools very well could be put to better use with a more well-rounded roster than the one he's currently on.

But then there are his numbers, which aren't encouraging and must be considered, regardless of the talent around him. In his five starts, he's completed more than 60-percent of his passes just once and has topped 200 passing yards just once. Those are two basic benchmarks for pro passers to reach and he's just not reaching them.

So, if the Redskins finish with a 3-13 or 4-12 record and find themselves in a position where they can draft another top-notch arm, will they do so? 

That's a question that's difficult to answer as of now. Haskins' performance in Weeks 15, 16 and 17, however, will make it easier. Either he'll start delivering, thus giving the organization confidence in him, or he'll continue to be mediocre, which'll lead to a very intriguing offseason.

I wouldn't count Tua out of the running yet. Personally, I think he's a huge gamble. But he is exactly the kind of guy the Skins make a move for.

Other free agent possibilities include Cam Newton, Andy Dalton among others.

Please note I am not advocating for those guys in any way. Just pointing out that there are options.

Even in the draft, beyond the top guys, don't count out guys like Eason or Fromm. And again, I'm not advocating for any of these guys. But there are plenty of options.

Too much thought being put into Dwayne 'milking' an injury.  Nobody will ever know for sure and at the same time, wouldn't be hard to believe given some of the hits he took.

What really matters is that he simply cannot get the ball out fast enough.  Both Philly and the Giants should lend well to allowing this kid to hit his drop and let it rip.  He's got to have himself a game before the season is out.  Just one game where he throws for near 300 and a few scores.

Archived