Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

We're still dysfunctional.  Ron's got a lot of cleaning to do and cancer to fight, it's not easy.

Ron should be able to pick his guy in the draft next year, plain and simple.  I mean, if Ron wanted Darnold, I'd be fine with it but not thrilled.  But I'd be cautious about trading for a guy like that and sending him out in the very environment that Haskins failed in.

If you don't have a top 5 pick you don't really get to pick your guy, you get what is available. With Alex broken up we needed to pick up a QB, if it wasn't Dwayne then maybe Drew Lock? Neither exactly excite. Aside from the Watson/Mahomes draft there hasn't been many great QBs available after 1 in the last few seasons

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Darnold is a vastly superior prospect and player than Haskins.  It’s not even close.

Agreed... Ask any GM or scout in the NFL and Id bet all my Redskins gear that they would say Darold >>>>> Haskins.  And as you said its not close.  Would LOVE to trade with the Jets.  With the Jets its true IMO that Darnold isn't the problem there.

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Darnold is a vastly superior prospect and player than Haskins.  It’s not even close.

And yet Darnold can be a complete bust too. Saying someone is better than DH is not saying much at this point. You have Josh Rosen on a practice squad. In no world is DH better than Rosen. I doubt Haskins has much longevity. He better pray Urban Meyer gets an NFL gig then he might get a 3rd string spot otherwise this might be it. 

2 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

We will never develop a QB here. I don't even want us drafting a QB anymore. We won't develop or help them grow so it's pointless.

We could try drafting QB's who aren't fatally flawed for a start. There's only so much you can develop when they don't have it. 

2 minutes ago, Bunny Kelly said:

If you don't have a top 5 pick you don't really get to pick your guy, you get what is available. With Alex broken up we needed to pick up a QB, if it wasn't Dwayne then maybe Drew Lock? Neither exactly excite. Aside from the Watson/Mahomes draft there hasn't been many great QBs available after 1 in the last few seasons

Justin Herbert looks pretty awesome at the moment.

23 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I have.  This offseason was a failure.  Their development of Haskins was a failure.  The team is somehow less competitive now than it was last season.  The front office situation is even more muddy, and it's not clear to me that our plan is more coherent now than it was in any of the beginnings of the previous regimes that failed.

What exactly is giving you all hope that we've turned the corner here?

You can't really develop a QB in offseaaon during a pandemic anyway, step back from the ledge, please.

55 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I'm starting to think they saw the upcoming 6 game stretch of NYG, DAL, NYG, DET, CIN, DAL, and looked at the division and thought "if we're gonna have a shot, it's gotta be right now." 

If that IS the thinking it’s deeply flawed thinking IMO. The objective should be building and evaluating the roster to build a team that can compete for championships down the road - probably in 2022 at the earliest. Not seeing if we can scrape 8 wins this year to win a weak division and then lose a playoff game.

If winning right now was the objective we should have signed Cam.

Big part of this year was evaluating Haskins. Now it was clearly trending the wrong way, he had not taken a step from the promise he showed his last two games of last season. Part of which is being in a new system. I don’t think 4 games was enough personally based just on what we saw in the field. There must be more happening inside meeting rooms and the practice field for this switch to happen so quickly.

Wrong decision IMO based on what we know. There has to be more we don’t. 

I hope I am proven wrong but I really don’t see Allen as a long term solution.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

You can't really develop a QB in offseaaon during a pandemic anyway, step back from the ledge, please.

Then we should have signed Cam and let Haskins sit and watch. 

Just now, Morrison J said:

We could try drafting QB's who aren't fatally flawed for a start. There's only so much you can develop when they don't have it. 

That will be the narrative regardless when they go through inevitable growing pains. In those moments, we do everything wrong. I believe Josh Allen is a bust here. Lamar Jackson is definitely a bust here. Even Mahomes likely is a bust here. I have not seen this franchise develop QB talent in all my years as a fan. Our culture is trash and that's the most annoying part of cheering for this team. We are self defeating with the loser culture.

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Cooley mentioned Sweat, and possible 2 safeties, Abrams among them.   But it wasn't just him.  Multiple reporters said they heard Kyle didn't want to take Haskins at 15 and one said he didn't even grade him as a first rounder.

What was Kyle Smith's plan at quarterback then?

For that matter, what is this regime's?  Kyle Allen?

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

He can't play at this level. I suggest you come to grips with this reality.

QBs develop at different pace. 

I was watching the greatest coach in the history of the NFL trout out an 11 year vet who was still making basic mistakes and having awareness and mental breakdowns. 

I watched Terry Bradshaw grow up and become a Hall of Famer. 

With our team, it is the mixed messaging is what I have problem with. 

If they are holding players accountable then it they should hold everyone accountable. 

I expect to see more changes.

What's with the talk about in-season evaluation of players? Was that just lip service? 

I guess the in-game preseason is over?

Can someone post the rant by the agent.

Of course Ron is in charge. You really think he would take this job without the power?

The fact Dwayne got benched and demoted to 3rd string; something behind the scenes happened.

Ron should be able to have the QB he wants. He probably told Dan that when interviewing that he will give Dwayne a shot but if Dwayne doesn't show he can be Ron's QB ; he will move on.

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Justin Herbert looks pretty awesome at the moment.

People were saying the same about Daniel Jones at this stage last saying. Maybe Herbert will be a success & he definitely has made a great start, but still very early days

11 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

We will never develop a QB here. I don't even want us drafting a QB anymore. We won't develop or help them grow so it's pointless.

We haven’t since 1937. Lombardi, George Allen, Jack Pardee, Gibbs, Norv, ball coach, Shanahan. None of them developed a franchise QB we drafted. Why are you surprised about the latest bust?

I have NO idea if my theory is true...but is it possible that RR knows Haskins needs development ( we knew this even last year) and keeping him in with our oline and his limited knowledge of Turner's system will actually hurt development this year and turn him into Ramsey?

Is it possible that the long game is being played here? 

BTW...these are rhetorical...I already know how certain people will respond, and honestly out of those I only respect the views of a few of them...

3 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

That will be the narrative regardless when they go through inevitable growing pains. In those moments, we do everything wrong. I believe Josh Allen is a bust here. Lamar Jackson is definitely a bust here. Even Mahomes likely is a bust here. I have not seen this franchise develop QB talent in all my years as a fan. Our culture is trash and that's the most annoying part of cheering for this team. We are self defeating with the loser culture.

And that is the truth. 

League is going gaga over Josh Allen. Dude would not have lasted here. 

We have no player in the League top 100 players. As good as Terry is, he still didn't make it. 

But it is the QB that is holding them back?

What exactly is the identity of the team?

Maybe with QB change the Defense will stop giving up touchdowns when there's a turnover. 

Maybe with a QB change the team will stop giving up when they are down in the 4th quarter and take their Timeouts home for the next game.

Same **** show. 

2 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

It doesn't matter if he's CONSISTENT and can lead drives in that manner that actually SCORE. 

... so we 3 and out and punt again. 

We've seen it for 10 starts now. It is who the guy is.  Can we move ON already.  Pleeeeaaasse, Ron. 

Hail. 

We had one 3 and out against the ravens.  

Just now, Xameil said:

I have NO idea if my theory is true...but is it possible that RR knows Haskins needs development ( we knew this even last year) and keeping him in with our oline and his limited knowledge of Turner's system will actually hurt development this year and turn him into Ramsey?

Is it possible that the long game is being played here? 

BTW...these are rhetorical...I already know how certain people will respond, and honestly out of those I only respect the views of a few of them...

Entirely possible. I doubt it given the way Haskins responded to not starting last year... I think once they benched him he was done mentally... I also think that once they made him inactive he was really done.

But this could be another Rivera “test”. I think they’re going to look to move on, to be honest. But I don’t rule any possibility out.

2 minutes ago, WilberMarshall said:

And that is the truth. 

League is going gaga over Josh Allen. Dude would not have lasted here. 

We have no player in the League top 100 players. As good as Terry is, he still didn't make it. 

But it is the QB that is holding them back?

What exactly is the identity of the team?

Maybe with QB change the Defense will stop giving up touchdowns when there's a turnover. 

Maybe with a QB change the team will stop giving up when they are down in the 4th quarter and take their Timeouts home for the next game.

Same **** show. 

What about Josh Allen makes you think he and Haskins are remotely the same...?

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We haven’t since 1937. Lombardi, George Allen, Jack Pardee, Gibbs, Norv, ball coach, Shanahan. None of them developed a franchise QB we drafted. Why are you surprised about the latest bust?

So the question the organization has to be asking is WHY?  And as fans we should be questioning that as well. It's not just 'culture' - Gibbs had 'culture'. So what is it about this team/media/fanbase that results in a QB grave yard?

Archived