Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

On 1/4/2020 at 2:02 AM, ggarriso said:

Literally a pattern of making dumb comments either verbally, or more often, in social media - not a handful, regularly.  This just isnt the type of behavior you see winning quarterbacks engaging in

Are you talking about Cam or Dwayne?

If it’s Dwayne, I haven’t seen any dumb comments other than a few harmless recruiting tweets.  Can you imagine the kind of things a Terry Bradshaw would say if Twitter was around back then?  The kid is like 22.

53 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Bostic not a fan

“I just don’t think he has a great grasp on—maybe he just needs more learning and more coaching," Bostic continued.

Maybe this is poor reporting, but seeing as this quote is the crux of the bombastic headline, there is a lot of nothing there. Thats a helluva - - in that quote. 

Yeah, bull**** article. Even said this further down...

“I don’t like throwing rookie quarterbacks into the fray, particularly with a less-than-solid front and some skill guys around him,” Bostic said.

Which would seem to imply that he's saying in the same moment, that the process involving Haskins was not even adequately handled.

And yeah, didn't expand on what he needs to grasp, which then is followed up on with basically "Whoa, stinging criticism there from Bostic!" by whoever it is that wrote that nonsense 

:wtf:

36 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Maybe this is poor reporting, but seeing as this quote is the crux of the bombastic headline, there is a lot of nothing there. Thats a helluva - - in that quote. 

16 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, bull**** article. Even said this further down...

Which would seem to imply that he's saying in the same moment, that the process involving Haskins was not even adequately handled.

And yeah, didn't expand on what he needs to grasp, which then is followed up on with basically "Whoa, stinging criticism there from Bostic!" by whoever it is that wrote that nonsense 

:wtf:

Later on, he adds this.

"But from what I saw the latter part of the season, Dwayne Haskins is not the answer. "

The impression I got, is that he's seen something specific in Haskins to turn him off, but he's trying to be polite and choose his words carefully,

so he doesn't appear like the bad guy.

Maybe I'm wrong, and/or maybe he's wrong, but that's just what I got out of it.

On 1/4/2020 at 10:25 PM, bearrock said:

He wanted to go back in the Giants game.  I somehow doubt it's all that bad.  

We had all of three players attend the press conference.  Guess it's a locker room full of unprofessional slackers.  🙄

It's RG3 all over again....  Good grief....

Took the words out of my mouth... like 5% of the roster attended the press conference. It's kinda pathetic "fans" will nitpick to find things to dislike about a 22 year old kid who is LEARNING HOW TO BE A PRO. 

At the end of the day, we all know what it boils down to.

We can really end all this QB talk for this team. Haskins is the guy for the next 2 to 3 seasons, period... if you aren't comfortable with that then now is a good time to be a Ravens fan. 

I loved how well Haskins has progressed throughout the year.  If Cincy chooses Young, trade the 2 pick to someone who wants burrow for a crap ton of picks. Then, let Haskins play full season, if he sucks then you should be able to set up to get Lawrence the year after.  We are actually in a good spot for once in the draft.

"What we're trying to do right now is to develop that plan for his development as we go forward," Rivera said. "There's a couple good veteran quarterbacks that [will] get some opportunities to play as well. We won't know until we get ready to open up in September, so until then, everything is just a process. We can't get ahead of it; we've got to stay to the plan and make sure we're preparing ourselves properly to win football games."

Haskins endured quite a bit as a rookie, from division within the organization over drafting him at No. 15 overall, to when he should play. A staff that had to win immediately knew Haskins would take time to develop and that colored its view of the situation; it wasn't an ideal spot for a rookie quarterback, who needed extra attention.

Internally, there was disappointment over Haskins' approach in the spring and summer, prompting one member of the organization to respond, "Mars" when asked how close he was to playing. But as the season unfolded, numerous sources say his approach improved as he saw how the extra work paid off on the field.

Now Rivera wants those leadership skills developed in the offseason, too. It's not about being vocal.

"You've got to step up, you've got to be where you need to be, you've got to do things you're supposed to do," Rivera said. "That's all going to start with your offseason, how you prepare yourself, how do you get yourself ready. That's probably one of the biggest things that we've got to do and not just with him, but every one of our players."

While Haskins' growth as a leader will be critical, Rivera also recognized his skills.

"He's a young man that has potential in terms of his athletic ability, his smarts, his intelligence as a football player," he said. "We saw some quality growth until he was injured."

Haskins did not play in the season finale because of a high ankle sprain. One game that Rivera pointed to for growth involved a poor performance from Haskins for three quarters. But he led two late scoring drives for a 19-16 win against Detroit.

"That was an excellent job and it showed that he started to get a grasp and the feel of how to do things," Rivera said.

Now Haskins must do something else: Impress his new coach -- starting now.

https://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/39469/ron-rivera-praises-dwayne-haskins-but-not-ready-to-commit

I am very positive on Haskins for the moment and jazzed to see what he does next season.  And I hate on any topic if we got to be either 100% all in on somebody or not.  Life is about grays typically -- not one extreme versus another. I am a big Guice guy for example but I do think he has to overcome the injury bug.  So he's not perfect yet I love the player.

I've seen Haskins up close interact with my kids and fans multiple times, totally classy dude.  I like him a lot.  I got no issue with his personality. And I think his potential is big. I just have one concern about Haskins and that's the refrain that pops up too much for my liking that he's not a workaholic type.   I know some blame that on Jay but I have heard enough to believe it had zero to with Jay but he's just not a Peyton type who lives and breathes football at least not now.   I do think the sky is the limit for the dude.  

Rivera is a smart guy.  Haskins might be the type that is driven by external motivational factors and that gives him his juice.   My point is I think Rivera not handing Haskins the job and playing up the veterans is likely just a ruse to keep Haskins grinding.   And that's likely a positive.  

On 1/5/2020 at 6:58 PM, SkinsNoles21 said:

You losers still talking about social media?

Every so often I come to this board and immediately realize its a waste of time. Most of you are lost. 

Sad stuff. See ya boomers. 

boomers = successful, hiring managers, bosses, wealthy, leaders, wise, sophisticated....etc..etc..

You guys might want to rethink insulting people with boomer!

Some Haskins stuff in this Hoffman article about O'Connell

https://thefandc.radio.com/kevin-oconnell-departs-as-redskins-hire-scott-turner

O'Connell's year in Washington started under Jay Gruden as a non-play-calling offensive coordinator. It was his job to design the game plan, but it was also his job to manage a staff that had very different and dividing factions.

Gruden was a pass-heavy thinker while Bill Callahan thought the offense should flow through the ground game. O'Connell's job was to mix the philosophies into a best possible outcome. This task was made harder by constantly changing personnel, including the loss of Jordan Reed for the entire season. The Redskins simply didn't have the weapons they planned on having and they knew they were short in that department to begin with.

When Gruden was fired, Callahan said that O'Connell would call the offense and that it was his to create. This quickly proved untrue. Multiple sources told 106.7 The Fan throughout the season that O'Connell and Callahan clashed with the now changed power dynamic. Callahan wanted to establish the ground game and demand a heavy dosage of run on early downs. This often left 3rd-and-long situations where opposing pass defenses could play more complex coverages behind exotic blitzes, because they didn't have to worry about run fits. This caused frustration, not only for O'Connell and other offensive staffers, but the quarterbacks themselves.

Eventually O'Connell was able to take charge, starting in Minnesota where he called an incredibly varied first half in Case Keenum's return to action. The Redskins marched up and down the field, using everything from deep patterns to tight end screens intermixed with running the ball, until Keenum got concussed just before halftime. Dwayne Haskins came into the game using the same plan to move the football, until he overthrew Terry McLaurin in a critical spot and was intercepted. Callahan determined that the rookie wasn't ready for that type of volume and the Redskins offense returned to a run-heavy plan, despite a lead they would never recover from.

The plan stayed in Callahan's lane for Haskins' first start against Buffalo. Windy conditions also limited the viability of the passing game and the Redskins offense looked inept. Haskins threw for just 144 yards and there was palpable frustration after the game.

The Redskins did a lot of introspection during the bye week and the play-calling seemed to indicate that O'Connell gained more power. The first game out was a wash because the Jets jumped out to such a massive early lead, but Haskins never quit and found some rhythm late in the game.

The Redskins were then able to string together back-to-back wins as Haskins started to show improvement, aided by the play-calling. The Redskins started to look more unpredictable and the offense started to gel, just as the injury bug finally settled on that side of the ball. O'Connell started to feature Steven Sims, Jr., as the rookie had advanced enough in the offense. Teams focused on Terry McLaurin and Sims became the starter after Trey Quinn's season-ending injury.

In his last four games, Sims had 20 catches for 230 yards and four touchdowns. That is an 80-catch-for-920-yards-and-16-TD pace if projected out to a full 16-game season.

On 1/6/2020 at 7:31 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

I mean if you think a dude is some ****, yet won't say why, it kind of flies in the face of not wanting to look like the bad guy.

Bostic probably just trying to cover his ass in case Haskins turns out to be better than Brady and brings 7 SB rings to the Skins...lol

4 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I watched the Houston game this weekend and I thought about what Haskins could become. So I thought I'd do some research and sure enough, Watson is who Haskins built his game after: 

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2016/12/dwayne_haskins_the_talented_co.html

Haskins is slow as molasses & Watson is very mobile with the an elite ability to maneuver in the pocket.  I couldn’t think of two guys more opposite lol

Archived