Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 minute ago, JSSkinz said:

I 100% believe he made his thoughts very clear to Dwayne, that's why I don't understand why he would make them public unless it was to create draft leverage.

I guess using the media to stress test Dwayne's maturity could be worthy, its a bit unconventional but if it works then great.

Haskins issues are maturity. Testing him in the media is a good way to start figuring out who Haskins is if you don't know him. And his comments were somewhat benign. They were enough to let the franchise know that Dwayne has to prove himself. But not damning. I'd imagine anything he said to Haskins personally was much more pointed.

25 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Haskins issues are maturity. Testing him in the media is a good way to start figuring out who Haskins is if you don't know him. And his comments were somewhat benign. They were enough to let the franchise know that Dwayne has to prove himself. But not damning. I'd imagine anything he said to Haskins personally was much more pointed.

Yeah, and that's where we differ.

I don't think a grown man (even a young one) needs to be "tested" publicly.

Just tell him privately what you expect of him and then hold him accountable.

Just a thought....

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Yeah, and that's where we differ.

I don't think a grown man (even a young one) needs to be "tested" publicly.

Just tell him privately what you expect of him and then the hold him accountable.

Just a thought....

I do.

When his issue is maturity, and he himself makes everything a public spectacle and an entire franchise's worth of jobs' are on the line? This is a guy who "liked" a tweet or an IG pic or something about Gruden being fired. 

You do what you need to do.

You don't cowtail to what could be a "primadonna". You figure out who he is and make decisions. 

I don't know if Haskins is a primadonna or not. I think he's trending towards not being one after his success at the end of the season and where he's headed. But babying a professional quarterback to the extent where you refuse to comment on him is possibly damaging to an ENTIRE organization and their employees.

Rivera is in charge of everyone. Not just the quarterback.

I take zero risks in that scenario.

Let's not pretend that Rivera threw him under the bus and ran him over. His comments were completely harmless to anyone that has any sense of poise. If people get feathers ruffled by what he said, they don't have the poise to play the quarterback position in the NFL. Because those comments were totally benign in nature.

13 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I 100% believe he made his thoughts very clear to Dwayne, that's why I don't understand why he would make them public unless it was to create draft leverage.

I guess using the media to stress test Dwayne's maturity could be worthy, its a bit unconventional but if it works then great.

This has nothing to do with draft leverage. Ron is honest and straightforward. He laid out what his expectations are. He will give all 53 guys a chance to compete and the ones who play the best will start. Haskins is not the presumptive QB1.

He is a QB on the roster along with other options that will be acquired in the off season. The best player will get the initial chance to start. A big part of that evaluation is leadership, putting in the requisite time and being a positive example according to Ron and what his evaluation criteria is.

Ron isn’t playing games. He’s laying out expectations and setting up development plans for his players. If they buy in and fully embrace it and thrive, they will get to play and will get Ron’s loyalty in return. He was crystal clear about that.

I think it's a smart idea for RR to be non committal to Haskins as the draft approaches. At least publicly.

It increases our leverage should we look to draft day trades if CY is taken by Cinci with #1. Put it out there that QB is an option for us and it will take a haul to pry #2 from us.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/tony-pauline-mailbag-which-2020-nfl-draft-prospect-do-redskins-love/

"I’m told two things about Rivera and the Redskins front office the way it is presently assembled: 1) they like Haskins; and 2) they love the Predator, Chase Young."

I'm in the camp of as long as a fair opportunity is given, everything is fine; there are no sacred cows.  If things play out along the lines of the above quote, it's best case scenario for us because we have our guy and we can go get the premier defensive piece.  If not, everything is on the table, and at least we are in position to do something about it.

33 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

I'm in the camp of as long as a fair opportunity is given, everything is fine; there are no sacred cows.  If things play out along the lines of the above quote, it's best case scenario for us because we have our guy and we can go get the premier defensive piece.  If not, everything is on the table, and at least we are in position to do something about it.

And this is what it boils down to.

If Haskins is what some think he is: He's going to be the quarterback.

If Haskins is what others think he is: He's not.

I think he's going to get the fair shake and its his opportunity to lose.

1 hour ago, Bifflog said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/tony-pauline-mailbag-which-2020-nfl-draft-prospect-do-redskins-love/

"I’m told two things about Rivera and the Redskins front office the way it is presently assembled: 1) they like Haskins; and 2) they love the Predator, Chase Young."

How can this be when a few people whom shall remain nameless claim they know for a fact  that "Ron" hates Haskins and has no intentions of starting him...

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Voldemort?

Lol it's against the rules to call out people so I wont say...

Just know I'm never calling you out for fear a spider army hunts me down...

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Why is Ron in quotations...? That’s his name 😂😂😂

Lol look around and you'll see why...

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, gonna have to put that in simpler words 😂😂

"Yeah, look Ron totally hates Haskins, he's going to get a new starter"

"Why are you calling him Ron, do you know the guy?  I don't hear you calling Haskins Dwayne."

14 minutes ago, carex said:

"Yeah, look Ron totally hates Haskins, he's going to get a new starter"

"Why are you calling him Ron, do you know the guy?  I don't hear you calling Haskins Dwayne."

So basically people are more familiar with calling him Rivera and that’s why his first name was in quotations? 

You guys are hilarious. Ron is easier to type than Rivera  on a phone. RR requires an extra press of the uppercase shift which makes it harder to type than Ron.

Same with Haskins. It’s Ha and skins super easy. Dwayne not as fast. If his name was Tim or Jim or Joe Haskins we would be calling him by his first name.

23 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You guys are hilarious. Ron is easier to type than Rivera  on a phone. RR requires an extra press of the uppercase shift which makes it harder to type than Ron.

Same with Haskins. It’s Ha and skins super easy. Dwayne not as fast. If his name was Tim or Jim or Joe Haskins we would be calling him by his first name.

I remember telling my gf that it was too difficult to perform an extra ‘press’ while we made sweet, yet expeditious, love. Some guys just don’t want to put in the extra effort; Sure she left me, but my index finger is well rested.

28 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I dont get what the big deal is about which name we use for which player or coach anyway. Some people called Gruden by his first name. Some called him by his last name. Some people can call our current coach Ron, or they can call him rivera. At the end of the day, who gives a flying ****? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Putting Ron in quotes when it’s his name, makes zero sense. 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I dont get what the big deal is about which name we use for which player or coach anyway. Some people called Gruden by his first name. Some called him by his last name. Some people can call our current coach Ron, or they can call him rivera. At the end of the day, who gives a flying ****? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Putting Ron in quotes when it’s his name, makes zero sense. 

When people can’t win an argument on the merits they try to grasp at straws to win some imagined grievance they have. “You’re obviously biased because you choose to use the 3 letter first name of the coach but choose to be formal with the QB” or some a such nonsense. 😂😂😂

Can’t make this stuff up. The Redskins starting QB and his cult of groupies. Doesn’t even have to be starting. Colt Brennan was more of a cult leader than a QB at one point. 

I wonder how polarizing Teddy is going to be after we sign him...

Archived