Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

When Alex Smith went down, I was destroyed.  I thought we would be in QB hell for a long time.  Who would have thought that in one year, we might actually be in the best QB position of the NFC East teams.

Giants: Might be the closest to us with a rookie QB, but honestly, Haskins has looked better

Eagles: Yeah, Wents is good, but he's always hurt and EXPENSIVE.

Cowboys:  Yeah, Dak is healthy, but he's average at best.  Shut down Zeke and he can't beat you with Cooper, Gallup and Witten as weapons.  Pathetic!  And hes about to get really, really expensive lol!

8 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

Giants: Might be the closest to us with a rookie QB, but honestly, Haskins has looked better

????  I wish that were the case but thats just an inaccurate statement.  Daniel Jones more than doubled "simba" total QBR at a paltry 53.6 over 26.4 - DJ threw twice the # of touchdowns to interceptions (24/12) while dannys boy "simba" went even (which is horrendous in todays NFL) (7/7).  Giants looks like they could have someone that could develop into a serviceable starter and we have a project with huge question marks on heart, commitment, and ability to process the NFL game.   Give 30 other teams the choice between the two and 30 teams take Jones, and its not even close.

4 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

????  I wish that were the case but thats just an inaccurate statement.  Daniel Jones more than doubled "simba" total QBR at a paltry 53.6 over 26.4 - DJ threw twice the # of touchdowns to interceptions (24/12) while dannys boy "simba" went even (which is horrendous in todays NFL) (7/7).  Giants looks like they could have someone that could develop into a serviceable starter and we have a project with huge question marks on heart, commitment, and ability to process the NFL game.   Give 30 other teams the choice between the two and 30 teams take Jones, and its not even close.

I’m not a huge Haskins fan but you do know that Jones lost 11 fumbles and actually fumbled 18 times. Jones accounted for 23 turnovers last year in 13 games. 

Haskins has 7 picks and 2 fumbles lost on six fumbles. He had 9 turnovers in his 9 games. 

Jones averaged 1.77 turnovers a game or 28 in a 16 game season. Haskins would average 16 or 1 per game. 

No need for logic here... Becuase danny dimes! LMMFAO

Not to mention over half of Haskins turn overs came in relief duty where he wasnt getting the 1st team reps and had a coach who didnt want to work him into the plan. (And/ or the team was behind)

If you remove the stats from his relief efforts on account we were losing and he was dealt a weak hand... And judge on starts vs starts for turnover rate the narrative then changes and paints a different picture.

Go figure.

30 other teams choose Danny boy over Haskins? Is that a fact? Love to see the data to back that jack-

When I see "Dannys boy" and "simba" used as jabs... I fully expect to read an agenda riddled post full of incompetence. Who TF cares wtf his handle is on Twitter?!!?

The owner likes his new qb? LMMFAO say it aint so Joe! GTFOH

🤪

49 minutes ago, CowboyKillerz said:

. I fully expect to read an agenda riddled post full of incompetence.

Respectfully, just facts and stats - you can wrap them with as many excuses as you like, but they are indisputable and the ultimate measure of logic.  simba was at the bottom of basically every measurable statistic for a QB in the NFL, almost off the charts bad in several.  Below Daniel Jones, below Minshew Mania, below almost any other QB that started a game.  By all accounts this pick came directly from the owner who has gotten exactly zero right in his entire NFL ownership career, what makes anyone think he got this right?  Oh, and we crippled ourselves in this draft to do it because he had to appease Jay who wanted to draft Sweat, who is also looking like he may not pan out as a first round level talent. 

Honestly, does ANYONE think if the Redskins GM (....) offered DH for DJ straight up to the Giants tomorrow they would accept -  of course not!

Just now, Gurgeh said:

"Vaguely hypothetical" is putting it politely.

I want to go on record now, despite how ridiculous this is...

If we trade/sign Derek Carr and take on that salary for his play, I will write off Rivera. Day one. 

5 hours ago, volsmet said:

How do you lose a job you never had? 

Hold on a second...

You mean...

Joe Burrow being injured, losing his backup job because of it (and thus Haskins elevating to #2) and then being out and Haskins being in prime position to take the starting spot so Burrow transferred means he didn't lose his job?

Oh. Yeah. Agreed.

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I want to go on record now, despite how ridiculous this is...

If we trade/sign Derek Carr and take on that salary for his play, I will write off Rivera. Day one. 

That's a little extreme but I think I could easily be convinced.............Derek Carr might be the answer to a Jeopardy question someday, but he isn't the answer for our roster

If you told me around the same time last year that at this time I'd be a defender of Daniel Jones, I'd think I'd have lost my mind.

But having watched all of Daniel Jones games with the exception of 1 game, I think the dude is going to be good.  Yeah he has fumbling issues like RG3 and Kirk did here among others like Wentz.   I among others talked about his issue with that in college.   But otherwise he is a gritty player with some mobility and decent accuracy.  I don't think the Giants found a star as some hype him to be (outside of this board) but I do think he's going to be a good player.  Also, he seems to have the intangibles including being a workaholic type -- first to come last to leave.

I liked a lot what Haskins showed in the last 2 games.  I got some concerns about a specific intangible which I absolutely 100% believe to be an issue potentially since its been said by everyone including dudes like Keim who were big fans of him predraft.    But if they can keep Haskins motivated and driven, I think the dude has the talent-goods.  I hate to say it but I think Jones is a decent QB.

I still think Lock ends up better than both Haskins and Jones.  Not that I am rooting for that to happen.   Will see.

I want to see what Jones does next year w/o Schurmur, they absolutely crafted a plan for DJ, coddled him even a bit, not that that's a bad thing. It was fun raggin on NY after the draft, but that doesn't mean anything about Jones.

I still think Haskins is going to surprise people and it's mainly for one reason. At OSU and here in a few games you could see him learn and grow and evolve, and that was a rook in the middle of a dumpster fire. Haskins might easily be the steal of the draft in a couple years.

47 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

I want to see what Jones does next year w/o Schurmur, they absolutely crafted a plan for DJ, coddled him even a bit, not that that's a bad thing. It was fun raggin on NY after the draft, but that doesn't mean anything about Jones.

I agree.  I think going from Shurmer to Garrett is a big downgrade in play-calling.  And now they're hiring Freddie Kitchens too?  I'm assuming he'll be the QB coach. 

And they hired the DC from the Dolphins, who had the worst defense in the league last year per DVOA?  I have serious reservations about that staff. 

14 hours ago, ggarriso said:

Respectfully, just facts and stats - you can wrap them with as many excuses as you like, but they are indisputable and the ultimate measure of logic.  simba was at the bottom of basically every measurable statistic for a QB in the NFL, almost off the charts bad in several.  Below Daniel Jones, below Minshew Mania, below almost any other QB that started a game.  By all accounts this pick came directly from the owner who has gotten exactly zero right in his entire NFL ownership career, what makes anyone think he got this right?  Oh, and we crippled ourselves in this draft to do it because he had to appease Jay who wanted to draft Sweat, who is also looking like he may not pan out as a first round level talent. 

Honestly, does ANYONE think if the Redskins GM (....) offered DH for DJ straight up to the Giants tomorrow they would accept -  of course not!

So clearly you are not a fan of Haskins. What could Haskins do to win you over? Or are you one of those not a fan, never will be? 

10 hours ago, KDawg said:

You mean...

Joe Burrow being injured, losing his backup job because of it (and thus Haskins elevating to #2) and then being out and Haskins being in prime position to take the starting spot so Burrow transferred means he didn't lose his job?

Oh. Yeah. Agreed.

Not to mention, Urban & Day watched DH lead a victory v Michigan after taking over the #2 job. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Pick6 said:

So clearly you are not a fan of Haskins. What could Haskins do to win you over? Or are you one of those not a fan, never will be? 

Thats correct - I dont think hes the answer and I dont like any of his intangibles.  I think the big reason he had alot of detractors is that he is the pinnacle of Danny meddling.  It is well known that Jay and the talent team did not have him graded as a first round but were overruled by the FO, the placated by giving up this years #2 to get Sweat.  Then he comes in and, honestly, made a fool of himself on many occasions (too many to document) and had very very well documented commitment issues (again signaling entitlement).  

Im a hard sell on the guy at this point, but a quiet camp (from an incident standpoint) and a productive 2020 where we see quality QB play and most of all true grit and heart, I could be turned.

3 hours ago, ggarriso said:

Thats correct - I dont think hes the answer and I dont like any of his intangibles.  I think the big reason he had alot of detractors is that he is the pinnacle of Danny meddling.  It is well known that Jay and the talent team did not have him graded as a first round but were overruled by the FO, the placated by giving up this years #2 to get Sweat.  Then he comes in and, honestly, made a fool of himself on many occasions (too many to document) and had very very well documented commitment issues (again signaling entitlement).  

Hes Ron’s pick now ;)

3 hours ago, ggarriso said:

Im a hard sell on the guy at this point, but a quiet camp (from an incident standpoint) and a productive 2020 where we see quality QB play and most of all true grit and heart, I could be turned.

What does a quiet camp mean? 

If he produces all of his quirks will be celebrated if he doesn’t the same quirks will be bemoaned as the reason he didn’t produce. 

With that said, it has to be backed up by hard work, that’s non negotiable. 

Archived