Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

19 minutes ago, Doctorfro said:

You suppose he’s working out, losing some of that baby fat and getting ready for next season? Film room? 

Absolutely not, the guy is wasting his offseason by not being in the weight room 24/7. He should be training in the same world as Rocky Balboa in Rocky 3. No technology, in fact he should be SLEEPING on a workout bench and eating his meals, which consist of ONLY raw eggs, water and tiger urine, on a 45 lb plate AND THEN HE SHOULD EAT THAT 45 LB PLATE. How dare he, you know, spend some time NOT making himself into a chiseled god!

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Absolutely not, the guy is wasting his offseason by not being in the weight room 24/7. He should be training in the same world as Rocky Balboa in Rocky 3. No technology, in fact he should be SLEEPING on a workout bench and eating his meals, which consist of ONLY raw eggs, water and tiger urine, on a 45 lb plate AND THEN HE SHOULD EAT THAT 45 LB PLATE. How dare he, you know, spend some time NOT making himself into a chiseled god!

At least stick around to meet your new coach. If you’re not healthy enough to start a game 4 days before the press conference, you should be getting treatment at the facility until you are healthy, not taking vacations with a high ankle sprain. It’s called being a pro.

I think what Rivera is doing with not handing Haskins the job is keeping him on edge in a good way to keep him working.  I actually like Haskins' personality.  I don't mind some arrogance out of the QB.  And he's a super nice dude with the fans.  I think he's a good guy. The one criticism that just doesn't seem to go away and Keim hit it in the podcast today is that his work ethic is inconsistent.  He's not portrayed as a Peyton Manning, live and breath football type. 

And it sounds like they really like his talent but want to push up his work ethic to another level.  I think a Ron Rivera type personality will help Haskins.  The dude is talented and I love how he played in the last two games.   As I've mentioned multiple times, I've seen him up close interact with fans and he's one of the nicest players i've encountered in my years following the team.  And i've seen my share up close.  You don't have to read through a zillion tea leaves (everyone has this narrative more or less who cover the team both local and national) that they think Haskins is talented, they like him as a dude -- the one concern seems to be his work habits.  My hope on that front is he seems competitive as heck so I think-hope that will drive him and allay those concerns by the people who have that issue with him at Redskins Park.  

23 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

At least stick around to meet your new coach. If you’re not healthy enough to start a game 4 days before the press conference, you should be getting treatment at the facility until you are healthy, not taking vacations with a high ankle sprain. It’s called being a pro.

lol 

yeah, he should have gotten a time machine prior to planning his vacation so he could know the exact date of the press conference 

8 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

lol 

yeah, he should have gotten a time machine prior to planning his vacation so he could know the exact date of the press conference 

He should have cancelled his vacation when he got the high ankle span until he is healthy. Absolutely.

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He should have cancelled his vacation when he got the high ankle span until he is healthy. Absolutely.

Oyoyoy

and,

“At least stick around to meet your new coach.”

if he did that somebody around here would have ****ed about him being a brown-noser.

1 minute ago, stoshuaj said:

Oyoyoy

and,

“At least stick around to meet your new coach.”

if he did that somebody around here would have ****ed about him being a brown-noser.

Peterson stuck around. He lives in Houston. It’s called being a professional.

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Peterson stuck around. He lives in Houston. It’s called being a professional.

So this your new anti-Haskins screed?

keep swinging 

Per your earlier delusional rantings about Haskins he shouldn’t even be on the team so what difference does it make.....

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

I hope some how somebody offers a boatload and we draft a qb 3 or picks later, next year we go get a veteran and move on from Danny boys pick Haskins.

Yes, unless he had a darn good reason, and he may have but I doubt it, he should of been in the building. The guy has no understanding of optics, which like it or not is important. He just doesnt seem like a leader or a guy that leads by example, just comes across as he has the maturity of a 17 yr old!

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

I highly doubt the decision to not play wasn’t his.

19 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

I hope some how somebody offers a boatload and we draft a qb 3 or picks later, next year we go get a veteran and move on from Danny boys pick Haskins.

Yes, unless he had a darn good reason, and he may have but I doubt it, he should of been in the building. The guy has no understanding of optics, which like it or not is important. He just doesnt seem like a leader or a guy that leads by example, just comes across as he has the maturity of a 17 yr old!

Haha Anti Haskins kooks are already in midseason offseason mode.

25 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

So this your new anti-Haskins screed?

keep swinging 

Per your earlier delusional rantings about Haskins he shouldn’t even be on the team so what difference does it make.....

He vastly improved. I was impressed by his play in his last 2 starts. I am willing to reassess my views based on new information.

I think he should be our starter week 1. I actually like some of his ****iness and arrogance. However, the kid is in for a rude awakening if he keeps acting In some of the ways he has been acting. Everything matters when you are the Redskins QB. You are under a microscope at all times. It’s part of the job. 

Show up for your coaches press conference. Reschedule your vacation. Don’t tell the press Dan kept you from going back in a game. Don’t pretend you are the GM on social media.  Ron is not going to put up with any of this. Particularly the lack of urgency and poor work habits that were reported earlier in the year.

12 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I highly doubt the decision to not play wasn’t his.

The decision to vacation and not get treatment was his.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think what Rivera is doing with not handing Haskins the job is keeping him on edge in a good way to keep him working.  I actually like Haskins' personality.  I don't mind some arrogance out of the QB.  And he's a super nice dude with the fans.  I think he's a good guy. The one criticism that just doesn't seem to go away and Keim hit it in the podcast today is that his work ethic is inconsistent.  He's not portrayed as a Peyton Manning, live and breath football type. 

And it sounds like they really like his talent but want to push up his work ethic to another level.  I think a Ron Rivera type personality will help Haskins.  The dude is talented and I love how he played in the last two games.   As I've mentioned multiple times, I've seen him up close interact with fans and he's one of the nicest players i've encountered in my years following the team.  And i've seen my share up close.  You don't have to read through a zillion tea leaves (everyone has this narrative more or less who cover the team both local and national) that they think Haskins is talented, they like him as a dude -- the one concern seems to be his work habits.  My hope on that front is he seems competitive as heck so I think-hope that will drive him and allay those concerns by the people who have that issue with him at Redskins Park.  

I always encourage people to read and listen to Keim. The man knows his stuff, and he isn't influenced or persuaded by the charm offenses that many staffers, coaches, and players try to employ in order to garner positive coverage. It just doesn't work with Keim. He's too grounded and professional. I appreciate his integrity as a journalist. He's not only a real  journalist (unlike a lot of those local tweet jockies), but the man knows football. You listen to him, he sounds like he could actually be a GM, position coach, or coordinator. He's that damn sharp. And it's clear when you listen to his podcast or read between the lines in his columns that he knows more than he's reporting. You don't have to tweet everything. You research, verify, triangulate, and then share it.

13 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

High ankle sprain that prevented him from starting 4 days earlier.

He wanted to go back in the Giants game.  I somehow doubt it's all that bad.  

We had all of three players attend the press conference.  Guess it's a locker room full of unprofessional slackers.  🙄

It's RG3 all over again....  Good grief....

I know Ron is being a responsible coach in not handing him the job (which is def smart) but we all know he’s our starter for next year. We have no idea how this is going to play out but it would change the confidence of the fans and the team if he were to start working his ass off now for next year. If he just does the bare minimum then it’s a crapshoot how it’ll play out. He’s not that talented or athletic that he can just show up and play awesome. I think we all would like to go into one season knowing we have an important position covered. It’s been a long time since we had that feeling, or at least in my mind. I have a lot of doubts about this kid but I am hoping like hell he develops into a top shelf QB. I just don’t want to waste too much time (seasons) waiting for it to happen. 

Archived