Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

I think Rivera is the absolute perfect coach for Haskins.  He needs maturity and to learn how to be a leader of men on the field.  Haskins has all the tools, and he played extremely well against the Eagles and Giants.  But let's hold off on the praising.  Next year we play the NFC West and AFC North.  A lot of big time teams.  We can easily start the year 0-3 again and be in the same boat.  No one really know what Haskins does in the off-season for preparations.  But until we win a big game early in the year when all teams are healthy, I am not praising anyone.  

13 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Harping on him the way two or three of you are is just friggin weird. 

I think it's an age thing, as in the overall age of our fanbase (which is probably one of, if not the oldest in the league), along with knowing how Gibbs' teams won.

They presented themselves as boring, lunchpail types to the media, who simply went about the business of winning. Very little of their everyday personal lives were put out there for public consumption.  So that, for the most part, is what we judge a player on to determine whether or not they're "Working." Doesn't mean any of that was always true.

If they're good, its tolerated, and if they suck, it's a red flag. This type of subjective assessment is made worse when the person actually does (gasp!) do something wrong. Where he erred, was the selfie stuff, and the " Closer" comments.

Don't really care about much else. He's a 20-22 year old dude on social media, for a blip, posting about whatever he is posting about. Doesn't mean he isn't working and earning the respect of coaches and teammates,  doesn't mean he hasn't learned from past mistakes, doesn't mean he still wont be a 20-22 year old and say stupid stuff that 20-22 year olds do on occasion. I mean, all that stuff is is a window Into their personal lives. No one works 24/7. No one is one single, consistent emotion or train of thought 24/7, so it's not worth obsessing over. Said the same thing when RG3 was here. It's just tiresome

24 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Except for the fact that he literally has. His last two starts were extremely good, especially for an NFL rookie with little experience, stats, film, expert analysis all read the same thing - he was fantastic. Your inability to admit this doesn't mean he is going to be a career superstar, neither does everyone else's ability to see it mean he is going to bust. 

Harping on him the way two or three of you are is just friggin weird. 

OK, first of all this is the Dwayne Haskins thread.  Secondly, I never said the guy doesn’t have the ability to one day play at a high level.  What I’m saying is that if he doesn’t tighten up & understand that he should allow himself to get distracted he is going to fail.  He literally hasn’t won any meaningful games in the NFL yet.  It’s one thing to show some progress as a passer in losing efforts but he truly has a long long way to go in order to be a bonafide winning QB.  This isn’t an indictment on the guy as if he’s a bad person.  He just needs to mature and understand the big picture.  I hope Ron Rivera is hard on him and pushes him to grow up and become a leader because he has a long way to go.  I’m hoping for the best but at the same time keeping my eyes open to the reality.  

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

Haskins literally hasn’t shown us anything yet.  He hasn’t won any real NFL games.  If he doesn’t tighten up he’s just gonna be another in a long list of bust Redskins players.  Wake up. 

He’s shown he can best lower level teams which means his floor is at least capable of beating half the teams in the nfl. When he first started it didn’t look like that was possible. If you haven’t seen the increase in his performances throughout then you will forever be nitpicking.

5 hours ago, PcolaChuy said:

I am not on the DH train, not yet anyway.  For those defending him with regard to his maturity, there was a QB drafted a few spots before him, who does not appear to be acting like a teenager on social media.  I rarely hope anymore when it comes to the skins, but I am seriously hoping that something give with the Dan and we somehow trade DH and draft any of the top 4 QBs coming in the draft.

But, if we stay with DH, then I also hope that somehow the light comes on and he says “you know, maybe this putting all your attention on the job at hand is what needs to be done.”

Hope is so hard to come by with this team.

HTTR

He also fumbles every time someone breathes on him. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

No one works 24/7. No one is one single, consistent emotion or train of thought 24/7, so it's not worth obsessing over. Said the same thing when RG3 was here. It's just tiresome

It's boring as **** and tedious too.  I've always thought Dwayne seemed like a good kid.  Just win baby, and none of this **** will matter.  I think he's gonna get it done.  

15 hours ago, ggarriso said:

Literally a pattern of making dumb comments either verbally, or more often, in social media - not a handful, regularly.  This just isnt the type of behavior you see winning quarterbacks engaging in

Cam has dumb press conferences and acted very immaturely for years. It didn't seem to bother Rivera.

14 minutes ago, RawRebel said:

Cam has dumb press conferences and acted very immaturely for years. It didn't seem to bother Rivera.

Ron has already mentioned starting a vet every time he has been asked about Haskins during the initial press conference and afterward  in 1 on 1 interviews with the various media outlets. Cam was Ron’s top overall pick. He was married to him.

So far he’s been treating Haskins like Gibbs 2.0 did Patrick Ramsey. I fully expect a veteran QB option on the roster like Brunel was brought in. Anyone assuming Dwayne will be starter week 1 is in for a rude awakening....

14 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Ron has already mentioned starting a vet every time he has been asked about Haskins during the initial press conference and afterward  in 1 on 1 interviews with the various media outlets. Cam was Ron’s top overall pick. He was married to him.

So far he’s been treating Haskins like Gibbs 2.0 did Patrick Ramsey. I fully expect a veteran QB option on the roster like Brunel was brought in. Anyone assuming Dwayne will be starter week 1 is in for a rude awakening....

I know you still wanna sell the Haskins is a bust thing but Ron has been pretty complimentary of Haskins as well. Much more so than he has been critical of him. Talking about raw talent and stepping up at the end of the season. Honestly it sounds like the only thing Haskins can do to lose the job (it is his job) is be surprisingly immature over the off season or come in camp and look like ass. 

He definitely doesnt have it made. But he’s not going to lose the job unless his performance slips noticeably from when we last saw him. You should just accept that at this point. I know you won’t, but don’t let that law degree stop you from seeing what’s actually happening playa

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I know you still wanna sell the Haskins is a bust thing but Ron has been pretty complimentary of Haskins as well. Much more so than he has been critical of him. Talking about raw talent and stepping up at the end of the season. Honestly it sounds like the only thing Haskins can do to lose the job (it is his job) is be surprisingly immature over the off season or come in camp and look like ass. 

He definitely doesnt have it made. But he’s not going to lose the job unless his performance slips noticeably from when we last saw him. You should just accept that at this point. I know you won’t, but don’t let that law degree stop you from seeing what’s actually happening playa

I actually think Haskins deserves to start based on how he ended the season. Unless he buys 100% into Ron’s plan for him, he won’t start. Ron is not messing around.

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

I actually think Haskins deserves to start based on how he ended the season. Unless he buys 100% into Ron’s plan for him, he won’t start. Ron is not messing around.

Well yea we agree there. And that’s exactly how is should be. Anything less and I lose all hope in Ron. 

I expect Haskins will buy in. He’s immature but he’s far from stupid. 

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Well yea we agree there. And that’s exactly how is should be. Anything less and I lose all hope in Ron. 

I expect Haskins will buy in. He’s immature but he’s far from stupid. 

I dont feel he is even really immature. To me he is already more mature than Cam was. He is no OBJ or Dez Bryant or other malcontent that a coach has to always account for. He is young and sometimes acts young. That is not always a sign of immaturity.

6 minutes ago, panahoo said:

I dont feel he is even really immature. To me he is already more mature than Cam was. He is no OBJ or Dez Bryant or other malcontent that a coach has to always account for. He is young and sometimes acts young. That is not always a sign of immaturity.

He doesn’t seem to be as well liked by his teammates. Cam is pretty well liked. Cam has way more charisma. Dwayne seems to be all about himself.

1 minute ago, Gibbit said:

what makes you think that?

The look his o line gave him when he asked them what he could do to help. I just watched the All or Nothing with the Panthers on Amazon. Cam is pretty well liked. That’s a year of behind scenes footage compared to what we see in public,  so not a fair comparison but to claim Dwayne is more mature now than Cam I don’t agree with. 

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

The look his o line gave him when he asked them what he could do to help. I just watched the All or Nothing with the Panthers on Amazon. Cam is pretty well liked. That’s a year of behind scenes footage compared to what we see in public,  so not a fair comparison but to claim Dwayne is more mature now than Cam I don’t agree with. 

Well its still him trying to lead. Vet lineman were just rolling their eyes because hes new. He'll earn it.

7 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Well its still him trying to lead. Vet lineman were just rolling their eyes because hes new. He'll earn it.

This is what I saw as well. The vets were getting beaten like a drum and were not interested in hearing from a rookie. Doesn't mean he isn't liked. By the Giants game, they were listening to him as he had earned some leeway with them due to his play. He is young and therefore has to earn respect. That has nothing to do with being liked.

So there are 12 QBs currently in the playoffs.

They all have twitter. They all actively tweet with regularity with the exception of Jimmy G. 

Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers tweet a lot about non football related branding things. 

Tom Brady tweets like a teenager with plenty of videos and corny jokes. 

my point is that twitter is a normal part of life for more and more people and just because YOU don’t understand it, doesn’t mean they’re wrong for using it. 

Im sure if message boards existed in the 70s, there would be cavemen freaking out over Namath doing commercials and TV shows. 

I’m sorry to inform you guys that if you want to continue to enjoy sports, then your heroes will all tweet, DM, post, and “go live” until there is something new to replace it. 

imagine this thread if Dwayne tweeted this type of nonsense. 

Archived