Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

He doesnt strike me as the type to be a backup and thats almost certainly what his role should be here. Even then, i dont think he could run the same offense as Haskins so thats asking for trouble. 

I'd probably lol if it happened though.  We'd be the NFL version of that Toy Story 3 pre-k center where lost, broken down and used up toys go to die

2 hours ago, ggarriso said:

General Manager Haskins strikes again - this guy just does not learn.  At some point Danny boy is going to have to side w/ his "chosen one" or his new coach, will be a major moment for the future of the franchise

Yeah, really don't get why you upset at this...

first folks jump him because he wants Trent back, then he's not at Rivera press conference and now this..leave the kid B, folks making something out of nothing when it comes to him

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

He doesnt strike me as the type to be a backup and thats almost certainly what his role should be here. Even then, i dont think he could run the same offense as Haskins so thats asking for trouble. 

It will be interesting to see who we assign the OC/QB coaching roles to. Keen to see which direction Rivera goes.

8 hours ago, -JB- said:

I’m not attacking him.  It’s obvious that he has a lot of growing up to do.  Chase Young declares for the draft on his IG & Haskins is replying “see you soon.”  Say what you want, just shut up and let things happen the way they’ll happen.  Don’t need our damn QB on social media like a teenage girl.  That doesn’t mean he can’t work his ass off and play at a high level.  He just needs to grow up.

Way to not attack him. 

I am encouraged WRT to RR overseeing Haskins development.

I suspect Rivera was the first coach (or one of the first) to embrace a customized playbook for a rookie QB.  Most OCs and coaches before that were old stiffs, and always tried to make every QB a prototypical pocket passer (that their oversized playbooks required). All while ignoring the QBs strengths.

I hope the Shakespearean play calls get shortened.

It's interesting the see Norval Jr coming in for a chat. I like the idea of young offensive minds cycling into our ranks. Its probable the OCs that left here and did well elsewhere, learned here what NOT to do.  I wonder which is the brighter mind, KOC or Turner II. I hope we have both. It seems like its out with the old and in with the young as far as OCs go.

1 minute ago, -JB- said:

Truth hurts.

What truth this is all based on a tweet and an instagram post. Your imagination is neither truth, nor does it hurt. 

5 hours ago, ggarriso said:

Pattern of behavior - none of this is happening in a bubble

How exactly do you determine a pattern? A handful of social media posts are not a pattern of behavior. 

Not too long ago there was a QB who set the world on fire his rookie year. He also said all the right things, shook every hand, kissed every baby, and following this looked about as unprepared as I've ever seen an NFL QB. Haskins had the selfie incident, got a verbal smack upside the head from a couple vets and started showing improvement week to week. I dunno maybe armchair psychologist is a more pass time than football to some. To each their own but personally I prefer football. 

As much of a Haskins honk as I am, I do have to admit that he has flashed turdish tendencies periodically. One could try to attribute them merely to his youthfulness but it seems to be a mix of that plus athletic arrogance and ‘millennialism’. Having a disciplinarian like RR might end up being a boon for him.  There’s still tons more to like about him than not though, and I’m hopeful he can get past the maturity issues

38 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Not too long ago there was a QB who set the world on fire his rookie year. He also said all the right things, shook every hand, kissed every baby, and following this looked about as unprepared as I've ever seen an NFL QB. Haskins had the selfie incident, got a verbal smack upside the head from a couple vets and started showing improvement week to week. I dunno maybe armchair psychologist is a more pass time than football to some. To each their own but personally I prefer football. 

I believe that guys who focus too much time on social media lose focus and it can interfere with their performance.  🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

I believe that guys who focus too much time on social media lose focus and it can interfere with their performance.  🤷‍♂️

What are we basing this conclusion on and how do we know how much time he’s spending on social media? 

2 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

How exactly do you determine a pattern? A handful of social media posts are not a pattern of behavior. 

Literally a pattern of making dumb comments either verbally, or more often, in social media - not a handful, regularly.  This just isnt the type of behavior you see winning quarterbacks engaging in

11 hours ago, -JB- said:

Hell yea.  

You sound like an old bitter ass man. This is the internet age, this is the era these kids come from. If you were a hot shot QB out one of the best football schools in the country, and ending your NFL rookie season strong in this era, you'd be online happy too. As long as that kid shows up on game day (WHICH HE DOES), that's what matters. In all his starts since getting all the reps, that kid has shown more ability and heart on the field than 90% of the bum QBs we've had for the last 10+ years. 

Trust me, I HATE all that social media BS too. Half of the Wizards players got **** to say every other day, even when they are on losing streaks. But Haskins has earned the right to enjoy himself in the offseason (which this is for him). He's shown NOTHIN that implies that being the Redskins QB isnt the most important thing in the world to him. He has what they call that "IT" factor. Stop sweating him and being bitter.....it's annoying. 

4 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

What are we basing this conclusion on and how do we know how much time he’s spending on social media? 

Depends on how efficient he is with his Twitter time. Let's do the math.

When Dwayne does have an active Twitter day, he tweets or retweets about half a dozen times. Sometimes more (11 on January 1), sometimes less (5 on December 29). 

If he spends an hour on each tweet/retweet, that's SIX HOURS on Twitter that he could be spent watching film!! What a lazy zoomer! Argh!

Or, more likely, it takes him 30 seconds like everybody else and he's done in 10 minutes. You be the judge.

16 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'd probably lol if it happened though.  We'd be the NFL version of that Toy Story 3 pre-k center where lost, broken down and used up toys go to die

I thought that designation still belonged to the Raiders 

I am not on the DH train, not yet anyway.  For those defending him with regard to his maturity, there was a QB drafted a few spots before him, who does not appear to be acting like a teenager on social media.  I rarely hope anymore when it comes to the skins, but I am seriously hoping that something give with the Dan and we somehow trade DH and draft any of the top 4 QBs coming in the draft.

But, if we stay with DH, then I also hope that somehow the light comes on and he says “you know, maybe this putting all your attention on the job at hand is what needs to be done.”

Hope is so hard to come by with this team.

HTTR

8 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

You sound like an old bitter ass man. This is the internet age, this is the era these kids come from. If you were a hot shot QB out one of the best football schools in the country, and ending your NFL rookie season strong in this era, you'd be online happy too. As long as that kid shows up on game day (WHICH HE DOES), that's what matters. In all his starts since getting all the reps, that kid has shown more ability and heart on the field than 90% of the bum QBs we've had for the last 10+ years. 

Trust me, I HATE all that social media BS too. Half of the Wizards players got **** to say every other day, even when they are on losing streaks. But Haskins has earned the right to enjoy himself in the offseason (which this is for him). He's shown NOTHIN that implies that being the Redskins QB isnt the most important thing in the world to him. He has what they call that "IT" factor. Stop sweating him and being bitter.....it's annoying. 

Man, please.  **** Isn't all ****s & giggles like you’d hope it to be.  Haskins clearly has a lot to learn about being, not only a man, but a QB & leader of men on the field.  If he would have pulled that BS selfie stunt before a game was over with Ron Rivera his ass would have been planted on the bench the next game.  It’s called accountability.  I don’t even think Redskins fans even know what that even is anymore with Dan Snyder running the show for so many years now.  Haskins literally hasn’t shown us anything yet.  He hasn’t won any real NFL games.  If he doesn’t tighten up he’s just gonna be another in a long list of bust Redskins players.  Wake up. 

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

Haskins literally hasn’t shown us anything yet.  

Except for the fact that he literally has. His last two starts were extremely good, especially for an NFL rookie with little experience, stats, film, expert analysis all read the same thing - he was fantastic. Your inability to admit this doesn't mean he is going to be a career superstar, neither does everyone else's ability to see it mean he is going to bust. 

Harping on him the way two or three of you are is just friggin weird. 

Archived