Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAREWELL to the NFL Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State

PCS

It will not shock me is Haskins is traded.  Say Urban Meyer goes to Cleveland and the Browns trade Mayfield. Urban trades for Haskins.  You never know.

Haskins is going to have to earn the job. That's what I got.  Ron sees promise there but Haskins is going to have show Ron that he can be the guy Ron will trust.  I also expect Ron to have a solid veteran there. I think Haskins will have a short leash. If Haskins  doesn't show Ron he can handle it; he will be benched.  Ron is not going to tie his ultimate success on just Haskins.   He will give Haskins a shot but Haskins will have to earn the starting job in training camp. If he does and performs well in the season; then we are set.

If he fails to earn the job in training camp, then Ron will go to the veteran. 

11 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Haskins is definitely on a short leash. 

As for Rivera having a veteran on board, well I think that chatter will get very interesting over the next 2 months.

Having Smith complicates thing. I don't think he can come back but he's going to try. 

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

He already skipped the introductory press conference. Guice was front and center shaking Ron’s hand sitting next to AP. You are the starting QB of the team. Show up to your new coach’s intro when you have teammates there. Be a leader. That’s what Ron expects. 

I won't blame him for missing the press conference. Things happened extremely quickly and he might have already had travel commitments. There are other things to criticize him on if you are skeptical of his leadership. This is one of the most insignificant things.

4 minutes ago, xxprodigyxx said:

I won't blame him for missing the press conference. Things happened extremely quickly and he might have already had travel commitments. There are other things to criticize him on if you are skeptical of his leadership. This is one of the most insignificant things.

Why is he traveling? He should workout as if the season is still going until the Super Bowl to train his body to perform in January and February  😂

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Why is he traveling? He should workout as if the season is still going until the Super Bowl to train his body to perform in January and February  😂

Fair enough. I train throughout the year so that I am at peak physical condition for desk jockeying...I should expect the same from him.

On 12/31/2019 at 9:48 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Cowherd who is a dolt really takes his idiocy up a notch with this segment.  He goes Haskins doesn't have nearly any of Daniel Jones' upside, wow. 😁

Like others have said, this turd is like a shock jock who says stupid things to get ratings.  He said dumb **** and got fired by BSPN.  Don't know why people employ his @SS

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Having Smith complicates thing. I don't think he can come back but he's going to try. 

I read in another thread that if Smith proves his fitness then he likely ends up playing for the Bears. No ideas what substance that had though.

It’s painfully obvious that Haskins is immature.  Spends too much time worrying about social media as do a lot of other young guys.  He definitely needs to tighten up and understand that he isn’t just handed the job because he was a first round pick.  He’s going to have to earn it.  I hope he is prepared to work his ass off to become the best leader he can be.

4 hours ago, -JB- said:

It’s painfully obvious that Haskins is immature.  Spends too much time worrying about social media as do a lot of other young guys.  He definitely needs to tighten up and understand that he isn’t just handed the job because he was a first round pick.  He’s going to have to earn it.  I hope he is prepared to work his ass off to become the best leader he can be.

I think your definition of "painfully obvious" might be a little off. How do you know what he spends time doing outside of reading his tweets? Are you with him 12 hours a day and know how he spends his time? After the selfie incident, which was an act of immaturity, he got his act together. A couple of vets on the team were asked and said he started to roll his sleeves up and go to work after that. He gradually improved throughout the season from start to start and wasn't rattled on the field when things got ugly. Under what pretense are you attacking his character and work ethic? 

18 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I wish Haskins was there today, it may seem silly to some but he will be the face of the franchise and you see guys like Allen and Guice there and know who the true team leaders are.

I don't think its a guarantee that these two hit it off.

You’d like to think Rivera’s EQ, which seems to be supremely high, being a defensive guy (not caught up in “his” system or ways to do things on offense), and experience with Newton will win out. Haskins has to bring it though. Will be fascinating to see how their relationship develops. 

5 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Pretty much. 

If you listen to Rivera's interview on Brian Mitchell's show, the tone was much different.

I took it as him challenging DH to not get complacent and keep working.🤔

That's how I initially took it anyway. People really need to use their brains. If Haskins simply puts in the work like he's been doing the last few weeks, the job will be his in a landslide.

Motivational tactic, not a warning shot.

Is there anyway that we actually sign Cam, then trade Dwayne?  Tehres also the weird possibility that Burrow drops to us at 2 and Cincy takes Young.  So many weird things can happen.

And lets not forget, Young might not even enter the draft.

As for Haskins not being at the presser, that doesn't bother me.  Hes young, he probably didn't even thinka bout that.  Heck I didn't even know there were players that went to those press conferences.  Guice was there, but its funny because Guice was like the main "off field issue/maturity" guy coming on to our team.  So he did the opposite of what most people would have thought.  Don't make mountains out of ant hills. 

7 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

Is there anyway that we actually sign Cam, then trade Dwayne?  Tehres also the weird possibility that Burrow drops to us at 2 and Cincy takes Young.  So many weird things can happen.

And lets not forget, Young might not even enter the draft.

As for Haskins not being at the presser, that doesn't bother me.  Hes young, he probably didn't even thinka bout that.  Heck I didn't even know there were players that went to those press conferences.  Guice was there, but its funny because Guice was like the main "off field issue/maturity" guy coming on to our team.  So he did the opposite of what most people would have thought.  Don't make mountains out of ant hills. 

Young declared today. It'll definitely be interesting to see how selections 1-2 pan out. Unless there are changes to that coaching staff in Cincy, it won't matter who they draft with that first pick.

Jesus, why do people even want Cam? Dude has only thrown more than 24 TD once in his career and his biggest tangible is his legs, which, as were starting to see, is becoming his biggest flaw. I like Cam but he brings nothing to the table for us other than experience.

3 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

I think your definition of "painfully obvious" might be a little off. How do you know what he spends time doing outside of reading his tweets? Are you with him 12 hours a day and know how he spends his time? After the selfie incident, which was an act of immaturity, he got his act together. A couple of vets on the team were asked and said he started to roll his sleeves up and go to work after that. He gradually improved throughout the season from start to start and wasn't rattled on the field when things got ugly. Under what pretense are you attacking his character and work ethic? 

I’m not attacking him.  It’s obvious that he has a lot of growing up to do.  Chase Young declares for the draft on his IG & Haskins is replying “see you soon.”  Say what you want, just shut up and let things happen the way they’ll happen.  Don’t need our damn QB on social media like a teenage girl.  That doesn’t mean he can’t work his ass off and play at a high level.  He just needs to grow up.

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Jesus, why do people even want Cam? Dude has only thrown more than 24 TD once in his career and his biggest tangible is his legs, which, as were starting to see, is becoming his biggest flaw. I like Cam but he brings nothing to the table for us other than experience.

I never said I wanted cam.  I asked is there any way that's possible that we sign him and trade Dwayne.  Obviously because of Ron and Cams connection.  I love Cam and pre injury I would be all about it.  But not now... I think that injury is way more serious, and possibly career ending.  I love what Ive seen from Dwayne so far.  My entire post was just saying anything is possible, we cant count on anything yet.  Cincy could take Young and then we are in a big predicament.

23 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I don't necessarily want Cam.

The Panthers pick #7, Cam has one year left on his deal, they drafted Grier and Kyle Allen looks solid enough. They may choose to start over.

Rivera will give Haskins a chance to develop. I think Haskins need to show a lot of maturity before FA starts. Rivera will also be looking for a vet to bring in.

It may be long odds, but I would never discount Cam ending up here.

19 minutes ago, ggarriso said:

General Manager Haskins strikes again - this guy just does not learn.  At some point Danny boy is going to have to side w/ his "chosen one" or his new coach, will be a major moment for the future of the franchise

Its sad that we as a fan base are so incredibly beaten that a young kid says to his former teammate and friend at college "See you soon" and people are outraged and thinking he is acting immature. 

If Haskins played for the freaking Patriots, he could say "see you soon" because he may just mean "See you in the nfl/next level." But because its here, its an outrage.  People need to stop overreacting to the little things, my goodness. 

7 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I would never discount Cam ending up here.

He doesnt strike me as the type to be a backup and thats almost certainly what his role should be here. Even then, i dont think he could run the same offense as Haskins so thats asking for trouble. 

2 hours ago, ggarriso said:

General Manager Haskins strikes again - this guy just does not learn.  At some point Danny boy is going to have to side w/ his "chosen one" or his new coach, will be a major moment for the future of the franchise

It really doesn't take much to ruffle your feathers does it? 

Archived