Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS RELIEVE JAY GRUDEN OF DUTIES

TK

So, nothing has changed. Have to wait and see how they spin this. How they spin "fired" as opposed to "relieved of duties", who is going to take over for the remainder of the season?

I don't see a lot of changes now, in fairness to the team, what can you do mid-season? They just don't have a lot of options.

Lastly, I wish they would just do what the Fins are doing and tank the season for draft picks. They will win a few to get us out of the top five and continue to be below average moving forward. Giving a slimmer of hope to the fans, but just a mirage.

Lazy and undisciplined football team that is why I think Jay had to go. Whether it was that way because Jay didnt like the FO or Jay was a bad leader, who knows. I don't think Callahan does any better though, his O line is terrible and has the most penalties in the NFL. I don't expect this to change overnight

It appears Callahan will be interim head coach the rest of the season. Let’s see what he can do with this team. Will he keep Manusky, or promote tomsula or rob Ryan to DC? 

i think the o line penalties issue is half just the refs being morons and half just our o line being stupid. I mean, i have a hard time believing that our o line is messing up EVERY. SINGLE. PLAY...

17 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'd ask Bruce a simpler question,

"How do you grade yourself? How do you assess the job you've done for the Redskins over the last ten years? Is the team where you hoped it'd be and has it met your vision?

“Sorry no questions but did you see those videos of Gruden with weed and alcohol?  Unacceptable.”

37 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Would you have preferred that Jay wasn't fired?

And please answer the question because all of us would have preferred 5 or more Superbowls within the last 20 years (and all of the competence that comes with it).

Ummm I think he knows Jay had to go but everyone also knows, and this is critical,  that pile of manure sitting at the top of this organization also needs to go.   Bruce Allen needs to go.  Dan of course we are stuck with.  

These two together are like Dumber and Dumber.  It does not matter who the coach is they hire - that coach will eventually be the sacrificial lamb.  And that person will always be discredited in some fashion in the media either on their way out or once they are out.  

17 minutes ago, Burgold said:

"How do you grade yourself? How do you assess the job you've done for the Redskins over the last ten years? Is the team where you hoped it'd be and has it met your vision?

Yeah, and I'd finish off with "So Bruce, how close are we exactly"

I have no hope that the local beat reporters will ask any tough questions or if they do, insist he answer them head-on. He'll say nothing as usual and then they'll all talk a big game later. They all want access too badly despite being shown they'll never get it aside from some nasty leaks here and there. And honestly those usually go to the national reporters as a middle finger to the beat guys. 

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I have no hope that the local beat reporters will ask any tough questions or if they do, insist he answer them head-on. He'll say nothing as usual and then they'll all talk a big game later. They all want access too badly despite being shown they'll never get it aside from some nasty leaks here and there. And honestly those usually go to the national reporters as a middle finger to the beat guys. 

Too true. Anyone they believe would call them out will not be given the opportunity to. JP Finley, who has had a chance to grill Bruce and did so extremely lightly, compared Allen to Putin this morning...that did make me laugh a little. 

Apparently bill callahan made a comment in an offensive meeting last week, with Gruden standing in the room, and bill said he can’t remember the last time a team had this few rushes to start a game 😂😂😂 

and one player told either josina Anderson or Diana Russini that it was time for Gruden to go, cause too much lazy and stubborn **** going on at practice, guys checking Snapchat at practice 😂😂😂 

yup. 

42 minutes ago, Burgold said:

You already know. He would grade himself a complete failure. 1-11 in the last 12. Under 40% over 10 years. Straight up garbage.

Dan turned over a new leaf, hired Bruce and  Shanahan, then commenced to continue doing the same **** as before with the result being an even worse 2 ND decade.

Now Crickets...

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Apparently bill callahan made a comment in an offensive meeting last week, with Gruden standing in the room, and bill said he can’t remember the last time a team had this few rushes to start a game 😂😂😂 

and one player told either josina Anderson or Diana Russini that it was time for Gruden to go, cause too much lazy and stubborn **** going on at practice, guys checking Snapchat at practice 😂😂😂 

yup. 

Yup.

Of course the blame starts at the top but accountable is applicable everywhere.

The couch (coach) sets the standard for the players.  Jay was a nice guy, but very sub par coach and leader.   

Write this down:

Firing Jay is the first win of the Redskin's season.

1 minute ago, dc1 said:

The couch sets the standard for the players.  Jay was a nice guy, but very sub par coach and leader.   

I don't know if this was a typo or autocorrect, but I must protest.

Jay was much more of a La-Z Boy than a couch! :tantrum:

2 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I don't know if this was a typo or autocorrect, but I must protest.

Jay was much more of a La-Z Boy than a couch! :tantrum:

Typo.  But I left it there.. kind of..because it works :)

1 hour ago, spjunkies said:

Bet the cowards send Doug Williams out there to the press.

Nah, they're going to do this like they've done all notable press conferences..... They're gonna send Jay out there.

3 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Of course the blame starts at the top but accountable is applicable everywhere.

The couch sets the standard for the players.  Jay was a nice guy, but very sub par coach and leader.   

Write this down:

Firing Jay is the first win of the Redskin's season.

That's a good point. But what sort of couch would you say Jay was? Was he a soft couch that you sink into too easily, an uncomfortably stiff one, or one of those couches that are padded twice their size?

2 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Nah, they're going to do this like they've done all notable press conferences..... They're gonna send Jay out there.

That's a good point. But what sort of couch would you say Jay was? Was he a soft couch that you sink into too easily, an uncomfortably stiff one, or one of those couches that are padded twice their size?

This might just be the best couch assessment that I have ever read.

To answer your question:

Soft definitely to soft. Every player who sits on that couch becomes way to complacent.

Archived