TK

Press Release: #REDSKINS RELIEVE JAY GRUDEN OF DUTIES

Recommended Posts

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

October 7, 2019

 

REDSKINS RELIEVE JAY GRUDEN OF DUTIES

 

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have relieved Head Coach Jay Gruden of his duties with the team. Gruden was informed of the decision early Monday morning by Owner Daniel Snyder and President Bruce Allen.  

 

The team has issued the following statement: Through the first five games of the 2019 season, the team has clearly not performed up to expectations, and we all share in that responsibility. Moving forward we are committed to doing all that we can collectively as an organization to turn things around and give our Redskins fans and alumni a team they can be proud of in 2019 and beyond.

 

The Redskins will hold a press conference at Redskins Park at 1:00 p.m. ET today.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RememberOsaka said:

Danny and Bruce.  So glad to see them united on this.  What a joke.

Would you have preferred that Jay wasn't fired?

 

And please answer the question because all of us would have preferred 5 or more Superbowls within the last 20 years (and all of the competence that comes with it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Bet the cowards send Doug Williams out there to the press.

Nope. It's Bruce's conference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan needs to do the same with Bruce Allen. Hope that happens after this current mess settles down. 
 

This firing probably came two years later than it needed to but at least it did finally happen.

 

no joy from me, just relief.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dc1 said:

Nope. It's Bruce's conference.

 

In that case it'll be "we're not going to take questions today, we are gonna go forward to make sure Redskins football returns to glory so these great fans get what they deserve blah blah blah"

 

Red faced loser!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First official Bruce Allen press conference since January 2015. I expect nothing of substance from this man. Just more bull **** and sugar coating. Bruce Allen is untouchable and its gross

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

First official Bruce Allen press conference since January 2015. I expect nothing of substance from this man. Just more bull **** and sugar coating. Bruce Allen is untouchable and its gross

 

 

His real value is in lobbing, always has been.

 

He's in the process of delivering the DC stadium deal.  So in short, yes he is untouchable but don't be surprised if you see a positive change in roles for Bruce post "DC Move" confirmation.

Edited by dc1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dc1 said:

His real value is in lobbing, always has been.

 

He's in the process of delivering the DC stadium deal.  So in short, yes he is untouchable but don't be surprised if you see a positive change in roles for Bruce post "DC Move" confirmation.

 

He even stinks at getting a stadium. None of the jurisdictions around here want the damn thing. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dc1 said:

His real value is in lobbing, always has been.

 

He's in the process of delivering the DC stadium deal.  So in short, yes he is untouchable but don't be surprised if you see a positive change in roles for Bruce post "DC Move" confirmation.

 

Bruce was allegedly moved from the football side to the business side in 2015 after Scot was hired.

 

tenor.gif

 

Bruce is very much involved with everything. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I hope the media destroy Bruce at the press conference 

 

Me too. No accountability with him or Snyder, though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doofus Dan better explain why his puppet is still putting on shows despite nobody giving a **** any more.

 

Of course nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dc1 said:

His real value is in lobbing, always has been.

 

He's in the process of delivering the DC stadium deal.  So in short, yes he is untouchable but don't be surprised if you see a positive change in roles for Bruce post "DC Move" confirmation.

I think that's questionable too.

 

If Bruce was such a good lobbyist and had such great contacts wouldn't they already have a sweetheart deal? At the very least, wouldn't it be further along? From everything we've heard, the new stadium deal is languishing and the team is really struggling to get anywhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

 

He even stinks at getting a stadium. None of the jurisdictions around here want the damn thing. 

It's been in the works over the last few years.  It's happening.   

 

Here's a touch of what was shared out loud:

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/dc-mayor-wants-redskins-playing-back-district-eyes-rfk-site%3famp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I hope the media destroy Bruce at the press conference 

 

Not a chance.

 

They talk a lot of smack before hand though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Would you have preferred that Jay wasn't fired?

 

And please answer the question because all of us would have preferred 5 or more Superbowls within the last 20 years (and all of the competence that comes with it).

I would have preferred that Bruce's name not appear on anything that has to do with this organization.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

 

Bruce was allegedly moved from the football side to the business side in 2015 after Scot was hired.

 

Bruce is very much involved with everything. 

 

Yup, he went back to football side after Scott was fired.

Then was relieved of Business side when they hired LaFemina. Stuff he got back when they fired LaFemina a few months later...

 

Firing Jay doesn't help, as long as you don't get rid of Bruce. Team is losing ON and OFF the field, it isn't rocket science to know that the President is at fault here.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This had better be the first of many changes in the organization to turn this thing around and make the Redskins fan base proud again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd ask Bruce a simpler question,

 

"How do you grade yourself? How do you assess the job you've done for the Redskins over the last ten years? Is the team where you hoped it'd be and has it met your vision?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dc1 said:

It's been in the works over the last few years.  It's happening.   

 

Here's a touch of what was shared out loud:

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/dc-mayor-wants-redskins-playing-back-district-eyes-rfk-site%3famp

Know someone who works for Pepco who told me months ago that the groundwork has been laid for a return to DC.  Danny thinks this will be his saving grace and legacy.  Right now it's Vinny, Bruce, and losing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I guess his key didn’t work this morning lol. I somehow see Dan with a headlamp and Bruce with a toolbox changing locks in the dark last night. 

Sorry but this firing is moot without Bruce’s ass on the street also.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think that's questionable too.

 

If Bruce was such a good lobbyist and had such great contacts wouldn't they already have a sweetheart deal? At the very least, wouldn't it be further along? From everything we've heard, the new stadium deal is languishing and the team is really struggling to get anywhere.

Like all major acquisitions, we are talking billions of exchange outside of construction.  It's not traffic news.

 

It's going down folks.  There were multiple sources reporting on it 3 days ago because the DC Mayor's lips were a little slippery.

There has been ongoing significant engagement for years.

 

7 minutes ago, RememberOsaka said:

Know someone who works for Pepco who told me months ago that the groundwork has been laid for a return to DC.  Danny thinks this will be his saving grace and legacy.  Right now it's Vinny, Bruce, and losing.

That's very true. 

Change has to start somewhere.  Right now is as good of a start for now.

Edited by dc1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.