Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS RELIEVE JAY GRUDEN OF DUTIES

TK

1 hour ago, profusion said:

I assume that Bowser and Snyder are working on a larger, multipurpose commercial project like what the Rams are doing in Inglewood. It's how you can sell a project like this to a skeptical electorate (and keep the business donor bucks flowing).

They need to wrest control of the land from the Federal Government to do that, as the terms of the lease specifically state the land can only be used as a venue for sports and recreation. Even if Bowser succeeds in doing that (which is an uphill battle in its own right), she and Snyder will have to come to an agreement on the area's development rights outside of the stadium. I'm guessing he'll not only want his stadium there but will also want a say on the commercial structures built around it. I doubt he gives a **** about affordable housing but businesses like hotels and restaurants and condos he'll want to spearhead all of that.

18 minutes ago, Sonny9TD said:

On ESPN’s Get Up, Russini reported that a coach from the organization told her that Haskins has trouble identifying defenses at the moment, and he’s having a hard time calling plays in the huddle. She's Mike Greenberg's girl. It's valid. No reason to think otherwise either.

I suspect that is true, but it's also a matter of degree. Pretty much every rookie QB struggles with the speed of the game and reading defenses when they first get on the field. I wonder how much this is reality vs. excuse making.

After all, did Haskins with no starter snaps really look that much more lost during his start than Colt did yesterday?

5 minutes ago, Sonny9TD said:

On ESPN’s Get Up, Russini reported that a coach from the organization told her that Haskins has trouble identifying defenses at the moment, and he’s having a hard time calling plays in the huddle. It's valid. No reason to think otherwise either.

So you know what could help him?  Experience.

Here's a way to do it:

1. Put a motion and switch in every single play.  This was a Joe Gibbs favorite, and it still works.  If you move people around, and the defense stays where it is, then it's zone.  If it follows and switches, it's man.  Just about every team in the league does this.  The Rams do it on just about every play.  

2. Do what the Bears did with Mitch.  Get up to the line immediately, then let the coach TELL HIM what he is seeing.  

3. Go hurry up.  Because (Patriots aside) teams almost always play the same defense when the offense is in hurry up.  They have one thing they do, and you can see it on film.  

In other words, do things which make things simple for him to see, as best as possible.

If he just isn't anywhere close, then you have your answer.  If you have a chance at Tua or one of the others, you might have that option.  

But if he's just sitting there on the sidelines, you'll never know.  

I wish Gruden would hold a press conference too.  Id love to hear from him although he would probably take the high road and not want to burn bridges or jeopardize his professional future as I assume he has plans to coach in the league again.

The disfunction with Snyder at the top just continues.  Lets get real... this is just a soap opera for Guys masquerading as a football team.

Snyder's fascination with Bruce is horrifying.  Fitting for October.  Jay getting canned is fine and we all knew that would happen but man what a sh**show of a roster Allen has put together along with Snyder.  It's better for Jay, get out to Vegas baby with your bro.  Organization is just gross. Allen has accomplished nothing here or anywhere else. This is beyond bizarre.  

39 minutes ago, Sonny9TD said:

Should have Bruce but Danny never gets it right. Speaking of never getting it right found this on Haskins.

From what I’ve learned from talking to the football side of the organization, Haskins is struggling to identify defenses, and he’s really having a hard time calling plays in the huddle. So in terms of him being ready at this point, I’m told he’s not. In fact, one coach said to me, ‘Not only is he not ready right now, but it could be a year, maybe even two more years, before Dwayne Haskins can actually be a starter in Washington.’

By the way this notation that Haskins is "not ready" is demonstrably false.  There have been incredibly consistent reports of his ongoing improvement during the off season and during the preseason even with the limited attention that he has received.

Jay has already shared (during recent interviews) that Colt was his guy from the beginning.  In short there was never any QB comp.  This is the definition of disingenuous behavior. One of several.

In short, ..and please hear me here.

Point 1 of 2) 

The reason why our media loves the " Good Guy" Jay is because Jay provided his perspective and objectives to them, off the record. 

His objectives may not be what's in the best interest of the team or the future of the franchise.    If Jay wanted to make an argument against a rookie QB, Jay had an outlet to share it.  We have heard some of that noise over the last week, and certainly today.

However when we talk about Jay, we are not talking about a honest or reliable source.

Case in point, how did Colt or the recent play of Case work out?  

If Colt's selection as the starting QB was  based on Jay's assessment of "readiness" (Some performance on Sunday) then how can anyone bother to embrace his assessment of Haskins as ironclad?

Part 2 of 2)

Every single first year hall of fame QB (Manning, Marino, Elway, Drew, etc.) has trouble calling plays and recognizing defenses.  In many cases, they didnt click until year 3. 

Haskins may or may not be a bust.  We are lucky as fans, if we see 1 franchise QB drafted by any team within a 3 year window   

The experience of dedicated practice reps and play on the field will tell the story over time.  

We should judge Haskins based on this year and next, not flawed perspective.

I wish I was a reporter there who was on his last day and just went all in on a Bruce and didn’t let up until security dragged me out.

2 minutes ago, TXRedskinsFan said:

Bruce to Dan right now - "Why'd you send me out there all alone!? Those people were asking me mean questions!"

He’s so delusional he’s probably patting himself on the back for doing such a good job convincing the media that the team is on track and suuuuuuper close.

remember, this time last year we were in first place and the culture was the best in all of sports but then our qb broke his leg.

22 minutes ago, TXRedskinsFan said:

Bruce insults season ticket fans, claiming they didn't come out Sunday not because the team stinks, but because they recognized that they could get top dollar for their tickets.

He mustve missed the nats wildcard and playoff games, that were mostly nats fans.. (they couldve sold their tix for more than they were worth)

He mustve missed the caps opener, like 99% caps fans and sold out.. (they could've sold their tix for more than they were worth)

Yeah, its all about money..

Honestly though, anybody who buys season tix to fedex anymore is complicit as well

9 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

I like how he admits the fans put their tickets on the secondary market to make a profit.       I thoroughly enjoyed waiting in the Redskins Gold lines behind 20+ Patriot fans to buy a soda yesterday.

Seemed like more of a slap in the face to me.. As in the reason season ticket holders sold the tickets was financially driven.  

The actual reason is because FANS ARE ****ING embarrassed by the product DAN AND BRUCE puts on the field and by their behavior

Archived