Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS RELIEVE JAY GRUDEN OF DUTIES


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Did any seller actually make money selling their tickets on the secondary market? I figured you’d be thrilled just to get market value.

the only solution is to have an outright protest on purchasing season tickets....

 

nah, he thinks ticketmaster and companies selling on stubhub are fans.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The one reporter asked Bruce if he would apologize to the fans for the stadium being full of Pats fans...Bruce didn't even consider apologizing. Very pompous jerk. The reporters asked some good questions but no one pressed him with forcing him to answer instead of dodging. My question would be how can you fire the coach and not take the blame yourself? You're the one who left him here for season 6. Do you think you've done a credible job as GM of the Redskins? Is this team in better shape today than when you started? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

I like how he admits the fans put their tickets on the secondary market to make a profit.       I thoroughly enjoyed waiting in the Redskins Gold lines behind 20+ Patriot fans to buy a soda yesterday.

Good one .

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

I don't care about Jay.  He had 6 years to make an impact.  He was ineffective here.

 

But SnyderAllen set him up to fail with questionable draft picks, trades, and free agent management.

 

Until Allen is completely gone, this team is going to be sad.

 

Agreed, there is plenty enough talent to not be a dumpster fire. 

 

I've thought highly of the last few drafts, but the mismanagement of current/previous players is unforgiveable, TW being the final straw. Kirk should have fetched at least a 1st, The Alex Smith deal was a bad one even if he was still playing and TW sitting out returning zero ROI is killing us. These three deal/non-deals should have resulted in us with at least two 1sts, a 2nd, Fuller, and a ton more cap room. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hooterman said:

Is Callahan the "interim HC" or "the HC"?  I've heard and read interim but the big ole headline on redskins.com does not say "interim".  

I think in this case, interim hc and hc are pretty much the same thing. He’ll fill in for the rest of the season, after that, pack your bags, sell your house and get the **** out of town 😂😂😂 

 

speaking of bill, when is he supposed to give his press conference? Usually day after games Gruden gave one at 3 on Monday’s. Will Callahan have one at 3 today?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hooterman said:

Is Callahan the "interim HC" or "the HC"?  I've heard and read interim but the big ole headline on redskins.com does not say "interim".  

 

Rooney rule.  No way they can fire Jay and appoint a permanent replacement within hours and legitimately claim they interviewed minority candidates.  This is just a yes man steering the wreckage for 11 more games until the end of the season when Dan gets to fire up the jet and try and persuade A list candidates to take his filthy money.  I just think that this time he is going to find that regardless of there only being 32 HC jobs he is not going to get his desired targets and will either wind up with a re-tread like Marvin Lewis or somebody who has never gotten their shot and is desperate like Dave Toub.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

The one reporter asked Bruce if he would apologize to the fans for the stadium being full of Pats fans...Bruce didn't even consider apologizing. Very pompous jerk. The reporters asked some good questions but no one pressed him with forcing him to answer instead of dodging. My question would be how can you fire the coach and not take the blame yourself? You're the one who left him here for season 6. Do you think you've done a credible job as GM of the Redskins? Is this team in better shape today than when you started? 

To be fair Findlay asked him how much of the losing was his responsibility. None of the others showed any kind of moxy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

 This is just a yes man steering the wreckage for 11 more games until the end of the season when Dan gets to fire up the jet and try and persuade A list candidates to take his filthy money.  I just think that this time he is going to find that regardless of there only being 32 HC jobs he is not going to get his desired targets and will either wind up with a re-tread like Marvin Lewis or somebody who has never gotten their shot and is desperate like Dave Toub.

 

He will probably have some incentive, the first overall pick in the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I think in this case, interim hc and hc are pretty much the same thing. He’ll fill in for the rest of the season, after that, pack your bags, sell your house and get the **** out of town 😂😂😂 

 

speaking of bill, when is he supposed to give his press conference? Usually day after games Gruden gave one at 3 on Monday’s. Will Callahan have one at 3 today?

 

Bill "The Walking Dead" Callahan presser at 3:00 today

9 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

 

Rooney rule.  No way they can fire Jay and appoint a permanent replacement within hours and legitimately claim they interviewed minority candidates.  This is just a yes man steering the wreckage for 11 more games until the end of the season when Dan gets to fire up the jet and try and persuade A list candidates to take his filthy money.  I just think that this time he is going to find that regardless of there only being 32 HC jobs he is not going to get his desired targets and will either wind up with a re-tread like Marvin Lewis or somebody who has never gotten their shot and is desperate like Dave Toub.

This makes sense, thanks!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hooterman said:

 

Bill "The Walking Dead" Callahan presser at 3:00 today

This makes sense, thanks!  

Marvin Lewis will not be our coach.

 

By the way, please keep in mind that Callahan wanted to walk last year. He was convinced to stay with the staff for onemore year. 

 

Callahan as well as other football folks were not fans of the light structure and coaching philosophy implemented by Jay.  

 

You will likely hear this fleshed out over the next few weeks.  

 

Jay was more of a disaster than many folks would ever know because of incredibly friendly disposition with the players and media.

 

In short, Callahan is not the long term fix and I'm not sure he wants it.

 

2 minutes ago, gooseneck said:

I think jay was at fault for the Shanahan debacle too; oh wait, he probably hired zorn too.

Stop. Jay just owns his "individual" faults.

 

The faults are more than enough to never be a head coach in the NFL again.  

 

Hopefully he lands as an offensive coordinator when he's ready to come back.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sonny9TD said:

On ESPN’s Get Up, Russini reported that a coach from the organization told her that Haskins has trouble identifying defenses at the moment, and he’s having a hard time calling plays in the huddle. She's Mike Greenberg's girl. It's valid. No reason to think otherwise either.

 

Fair enough. I'm also more inclined to believe Russini, but I think that my point still stands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

You know what's missing to this point?  We haven't heard from RG3 yet.  I hope he is ok.

Seriously, and I know you're kidding, we need to hear from the Bama boys, Kerrigan and some of the vets like Vernon. It just doesn't make sense that the defense is as bad as it is with all of the talent on that side. We need a vocal leader on defense and it can't be Josh Norman. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I can’t even think of a word to accurately describe how big a slime ball Bruce is.  I’ll have to make a new word or find a german word. They have words for this kind of ****. 

It would be Schadenfreude if he gets a secret thill watching all of us suffer.  He is such a **** bag. I thought the reporters asked some tough questions then I thought they would,  You know he is downing a few Coors Light right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, skinsmania123 said:

It would be Schadenfreude if he gets a secret thill watching all of us suffer.  He is such a **** bag. I thought the reporters asked some tough questions then I thought they would,  You know he is downing a few Coors Light right now.


I was actually thinking that exact word but I wasn’t sure if even that was bad enough.. 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TK unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...