Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Snyder, Allen Angry About Capitals and Nationals Success

Boss_Hogg

37 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can totally buy it.  Game 3 is scheduled to be played on Sunday at Nats park.  Now we all know that no one's coming to Fed Ex anymore except opposing fans but if you're a DC sports fan, what are you gonna watch on Sunday?  Brady decimating the Skins or a playoff baseball game where the Nats actually have a chance?  Moreover, which one would you rather go see?

Depends. If the Nats come home down two games, I'd be scared to watch. OTOH, I'd love to watch Brady tear apart the 'Skins' Defense just to see the look on Little Lord Fauntleroy's face from the owner's suite.

True or not, it pits two properly run teams against one that is abysmally managed.  Further, it claims that the poorly run team holds a grudge against the better team’s successes.  It’s believable and it’s probably true.

Doesn’t really matter much, other than showing that DC isn’t quite a football town any more.  It isn’t an anything town.  It’s full of transients who like to follow a winner and Dan Snyder is allergic to winning in any endeavor he’s worked at.

So we hate him.  He sucks.  It’s easy.

Chris Russell has a spotty past of being correct.  He has gotten some stuff dead on and exaggerated or extrapolated the rest.  He said he would resign if Joe Barry got the DC job.  So he was dead wrong on that one. (I think it was the Joe Barry hire, it might have been a different hire, but he definitely said he would quit.  And then he did for like a day or something.)

I take Russell for what he is.  He has some connections with people in the park who hate Bruce (so, just about anybody) and reports what he thinks will make headlines.  He’s sometimes right, sometimes wrong. Sometimes entertaining, and often irritating. 

He also spent years trying to convince me Haz wasn’t a complete moron of a DC.  So I question his overall football intelligence to begin with.  

18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He also spent years trying to convince me Haz wasn’t a complete moron of a DC.  So I question his overall football intelligence to begin with.  

Not to leave out the rest of your post, but I wanted to key on this. When you listen to his show (I assume he still does this), he tends to throw in a metric ****load of pregnant pauses. It'll take him 20 seconds to utter a five-word sentence. This is someone with a whole lot of nothing to say, either because he just has nothing or he really knows nothing.

Doesn't take away from the fact that I enjoy the thought of Danny and Brucie getting chapped over every single professional team in the DMV having success other than the 'Skins, but it also doesn't mean it's true.

Honestly, I do believe the local media. Capitals + UVA Cavaliers winning was awesome. I hope the Mystics win (already great they got to WNBA finals) and hopefully the Nationals continue to succeed. Redskins are a laughing stock. Wizards were/are too, but with Ernie gone, there is hope.

There’s nothing more that I hate than this kind of reporting. Lets attach “very hostile and angry” to a report and let it run, preferably during the middle of the week. I only see this kind of stuff when posted on here, but it’s so silly and provides no value. 

28 minutes ago, dyst said:

Honestly, I do believe the local media. Capitals + UVA Cavaliers winning was awesome. I hope the Mystics win (already great they got to WNBA finals) and hopefully the Nationals continue to succeed. Redskins are a laughing stock. Wizards were/are too, but with Ernie gone, there is hope.

Yep. Even if the Wiz lose this season, Tommy Sheppard is easy to root for. He may be the most likeable front office guy in DC

I doubt Snyder is “angry” but I’m sure it must be aggravating to be disliked as much as he is and then to see other local teams success and fan appreciation. Anyone would feel jealous and petty. Maybe the shame will force him to sell. Who knows, I’m grasping at straws to imagine a future where it’s actually fun to be a fan of this team again. 

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That's not good, that's horrible.  The other DC teams are always showing support for each other and even the Redskins in regards to playoff success. 

How petty is it to be rooting against them because it affects their market share? 2012 should've shown success can be shared in what is now a clear 4 pro team town, stop running the team like a third world country and people will come, we've already seen that.

I did notice last night after the win, both the Wizards and Capitals official twitter accounts gave a congratulations tweet. 

I also noticed that the Redskins did not.

3 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

https://thefandc.radio.com/redskins-angry-about-capitals-success

If true, then good. I hope the Nationals victory last night chaps that little midgets ass.

He has no one to blame but himself for this wretched product

You disparage little people everywhere by associating them with that POS.

1 hour ago, TheShredSkinz said:

And they all have better team names.

Even the “Withards”? Uh, no.🙂

I’m going to believe the story because it makes me slightly happier to imagine Lord Farquaad actually is pissed off at least in some way by the crap product he’s put on the field for 20 years. And FWIW, Grunfeld > Allen. Let that sink in for a minute. Ernie Grunfeld wasn’t the worst GM in the city....by a wide margin. Amazing.

36 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I doubt Snyder is “angry” but I’m sure it must be aggravating to be disliked as much as he is and then to see other local teams success and fan appreciation. Anyone would feel jealous and petty. Maybe the shame will force him to sell. Who knows, I’m grasping at straws to imagine a future where it’s actually fun to be a fan of this team again. 

Dan's legacy is etched forever. He isn't selling. You think he would sell, so someone else will be known as the owner who saved the Skins?

Dan will die as the owner of the Skins. Current protected death date - 2044 to 2055.

The fact that we even have to question if it's true is pathetic.  That means that it's plausible from what we've seen, so it might as well be dead on.

What sucks is that they would be looking more to trip the other guy than run faster themselves.

Headline could also read:  Kid Fails Test For 20th Year in a Row, Angry At Smart Kids For Getting A

Not surprising, it's DC, and the only thing that Dan/Bruce are worrying about is winning the next news cycle.

Good or bad, the Redskins have dominated the news cycle in DC sports since the 30's, even when the Bullets were playing for NBA titles in the 70's. Now they aren't. The Caps win the Stanley Cup and have become one of the NHL's upper echelon teams, and the Nats have become a team that is in the mix every season for the MLB playoffs. Add in last nights thrilling game and the Caps season opener, and you have somebody else winning the news cycle for the week.

It wouldn't surprise me if Snyder/Allen fire either Gruden or Manusky (or both) right after the game on Sunday to take the Monday headlines instead of the Nats.

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

There’s nothing more that I hate than this kind of reporting. Lets attach “very hostile and angry” to a report and let it run, preferably during the middle of the week. I only see this kind of stuff when posted on here, but it’s so silly and provides no value. 

More logs to the fire of hatred for Dan and Bruce always provides value.

Besides, the team is 0-4 and about to get waxed by the Pats to go 0-5 at home, while the Nats play a playoff game down the road.  It’s not like there is much to say about this team mid week.

I was listening to Sheehan a few weeks ago and he said that, while its true that Snyder is still making tons of money by account of owning an NFL team, how much "joy" can he be experiencing right now, knowing that he is one of, if not THE most, reviled man in this town?

The last time I remember hearing from Dan was close to 10 years ago on some ESPN show where he was asked what his father, a big Skins fan, would be thinking. Snyder, imitating his dad, says "Its a disaster...….you better fix it!"  Snyder has to desperately be hoping that he can someday fix things and resurrect his horrible legacy to date. 

6 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I was listening to Sheehan a few weeks ago and he said that, while its true that Snyder is still making tons of money by account of owning an NFL team, how much "joy" can he be experiencing right now, knowing that he is one of, if not THE most, reviled man in this town?

The last time I remember hearing from Dan was close to 10 years ago on some ESPN show where he was asked what his father, a big Skins fan, would be thinking. Snyder, imitating his dad, says "Its a disaster...….you better fix it!"  Snyder has to desperately be hoping that he can someday fix things and resurrect his horrible legacy to date. 

It took 20 years to make the fanbase completely apathetic. It may take another 20 to win it back.

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

More logs to the fire of hatred for Dan and Bruce always provides value.

Besides, the team is 0-4 and about to get waxed by the Pats to go 0-5 at home, while the Nats play a playoff game down the road.  It’s not like there is much to say about this team mid week.

I hear you, never will step in way of how someone chooses to establish value as a fan, so my bad there if I did so. 

I dont like this style or form of reporting is all. The story itself isn’t an issue for me. It just feels like a “play” on words to create some Wednesday buzz (my interpretation). 

Do you miss Alex Smith yet? ;) 

No way.

For one thing, Russell has a history of just making things up. Or did I just forget the whole Matt Flynn era in DC?

For another, if Danny was so mad, he could always just buy either team and run them both into the ground to get even. 

Archived