Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Snyder, Allen Angry About Capitals and Nationals Success

Boss_Hogg

If Danny Boy truly wants to know the root cause of the problem, just some simple steps:

1. Take a drive to WalMart
  2. Walk over to home furnishings
  3. Find a full length mirror
  4. Stand in front of the aforementioned mirror to identify the real problem.

Time to #StayInTheFight ...

Hey, McFlys (Danny and Bruce)!!  This is the Nation's Capital!  We are the 8th largest market place in the country!!  We should be competing with ALL the big guns, toe-to-toe, as a big-time sports town (NY, LA, Philly, Chicago)!!  You think I'm kissing up to Boston, just because they won a Super Bowl, World Series and Stanley Cup, all in the same year????!!!  HELL NO!!!!  

Absolutely no reason in the world why the Nation's Capital can't also be a "City Of Champions"!!

Never grew up watching baseball and hockey.

My family was strictly Redskins fans, as they were immigrants who came to D.C. in the 80s at the height of Redskins success. Couldn’t handle learning about other sports, football alone was tough enough for them.

The Redskins with their ineptitude over the last decade have basically forced me to watch the Nats and Caps for any sports enjoyment.

So, indirectly and ironically, thanks Dan!

Congrats to the Nats!!!

8 hours ago, volsmet said:

667F32C1-28FB-4F08-91DA-84D64C8BB5B9.gif

Nice.  This is a reminder in the difference in culture between the Redskins & the Nats & Caps.  The Redskins almost always try to make sexy moves to appease the owner & as a flawed attempt to attract fans.  For the Nats, Caps & many other teams the # 1 priority is winning.  If you win it will take care of attendance & make everyone happy.

If Snyder & Allen ran the Nats they would have a horrific farm system & severely overpay guys like Harper to stay in DC (as well as sign other FAs who were past their prime).  The end result would be a somewhat entertaining team that would possibly make the playoffs ever 3-5 years.  If Snyder & Allen weren't such D bags & would park their ego at the door they would look at the Nats & Caps & say "What are they doing correctly that we are not doing right now?" & start to take steps to truly change the culture (not simply lie about it in a press conference).

On 10/3/2019 at 2:01 PM, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I have no idea if it's true, but it's reasonable. Not so much that Dan and Bruce are up there actually mad about other teams' success...but only in that it highlights even more how poorly the Redskins are doing and, over time, will chip away at the Redskins as the area's #1 sports team. I could 100% see this being the case because I've felt that way at times. 

Stop being naive!  Over time will chip away at the Redskins as the #1 sports team??? You don’t think that the REDSKINS have moved down the pecking order??? What happened with the Nats last night.... this is a different town now.  NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE REDSKINS ANYMORE.

4 hours ago, -JB- said:

Stop being naive!  Over time will chip away at the Redskins as the #1 sports team??? You don’t think that the REDSKINS have moved down the pecking order??? What happened with the Nats last night.... this is a different town now.  NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE REDSKINS ANYMORE.

Yeah it's absolutely already happened. You'd be hard pressed to find ANYONE under the age of 35 who's both born and raised in the area and still likes the Redskins. They've been horrible for 20 years...basically one generation of adults...completely lost. **** the Wizards doing something interesting this year might push them out of the Top 3.

Brotherhood — Awesome mutual support – We are all so happy for the Lerner family, the @Nationals and most of all, for sports fans in greater Washington D.C. — What a game! Onward for the Nats...Just awesome https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2019/10/09/the-capitals-all-wore-washington-nationals-shirts-on-their-flight-to-nashville/  via @russianmachine

1 hour ago, hp703 said:

Yeah it's absolutely already happened. You'd be hard pressed to find ANYONE under the age of 35 who's both born and raised in the area and still likes the Redskins. They've been horrible for 20 years...basically one generation of adults...completely lost. **** the Wizards doing something interesting this year might push them out of the Top 3.

Yup-  I'm a dentist and talk sports to all my patients.  I don't know of a single patient of mine under the age of 40 who is a redskins fan- and I'm in the DMV area

The Redskins absolutely should NOT be tweeting out anything right now. If they do, the comments section will turn into a disaster the minute they do it and any good they intended will be long forgotten. If I’m the social media manager for the team currently I am laying as low as humanely possible. 

3 hours ago, hp703 said:

It's bad, but go to a game, theres plenty of them

20 minutes ago, kleese said:

The Redskins absolutely should NOT be tweeting out anything right now. If they do, the comments section will turn into a disaster the minute they do it and any good they intended will be long forgotten. If I’m the social media manager for the team currently I am laying as low as humanely possible. 

Isnt there a way to disable comments in certain cases?  I dont agree with saying nothing in fear of being heckled, they are getting heckled regardless.  If you dont decode the narrative, the narrative gets decided for you in many cases.  I promise you they arent avoiding saying anything because they are afraid of getting blasted, they are still active in social media, jus not giving love to the other teams. Its intentional at this point, its obvious

Archived