Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Snyder, Allen Angry About Capitals and Nationals Success

Boss_Hogg

23 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

...But Snyder year after year after year never learns or figures it out.

I think at this point he HAS to know what he should do.  Problem is he won’t do it.  He will win his way or not at all.  They fire outsiders who dare to admit the truth faster than they can hire them.

Drove into work this morning listening to WMAL.  On the sports segment the lead story was the Caps victory followed by the Nats parade and the Caps/Nats celebrating together.  The next blurb was about the Raven’s victory over the Patriots.  The last blurb before the break was about the Skins’ loss.

they are officially at the bottom of the sports news now.

The Ravens have already taken over the DMV. I used to get upset in the late 90s and 00s when I saw so many Skins fans switch sides but now, I don't blame them. They deserve better, you want to be a Ravens fan, do it. There's no shame. 

I'm a third generation Skins fan, my grandfather grew up in Ashland, VA and started following the team in 1932. Fast forward to today and my kids couldn't care less about this dumpster fire. 

The 87 year Redskins family fandom dies with me (not that anyone cares)

**** you Dan Snyder, I hope you step on a Lego (or two) this morning

The problem with Snyder/Allen is that they think the Washington Redskins are still one of the flagship franchises not just in the NFL, but in all of sports. They can't seem to grasp the fact that nobody in this town cares at all anymore, its a completely dead franchise. You can only live off the allure of the 80s for so long, most of those people are dead or dying off. The current generation has never seen the Skins win while they've been apart of year in year out contenders in the Caps and Nats who now have championships as well.

16 hours ago, Painkiller said:

I think at this point he HAS to know what he should do.  Problem is he won’t do it.  He will win his way or not at all.  They fire outsiders who dare to admit the truth faster than they can hire them.

Agree.  If someone only wants to win "their way" then it means that they really don't want to do what it takes to win (& I totally believe that Snyder thinks in this manner).  It is like any other goal - if you truly want it then you have to make sacrifices, listen to criticism, get out of your comfort zone & do things that are not always pleasant.  Snyder just appears to want to have everything & thinks that a SB will just fall into his lap.  The fact that Allen still has a job says it all.

7 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

What's the one thing the Redskins have that the Nats and Capitals don't......Bruce Allen.

The Skins also have an owner who doesn't get that he needs to put people with expertise knowledge in place, get out of the way and let them do their job.  Actually as someone earlier pointed out he probably knows that, he just refuses to do it

21 minutes ago, ananoman said:

The Skins also have an owner who doesn't get that he needs to put people with expertise knowledge in place, get out of the way and let them do their job.  Actually as someone earlier pointed out he probably knows that, he just refuses to do it

Why do you think he does that? I really don't get it. I assume he's a good business man. He should know how to run an organization. My guess is that he has Jerry Jones envy. He want's to be in control of every aspect like Jones. He's proven that he's incapable of that so it's time to give up on that pipe dream.

On 10/31/2019 at 6:25 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Russell same dude who said he heard that Dan-Bruce are annoyed about it elaborated on this on the radio today.

He said they see the Capitals and Nationals success as something that gets in their way because of merchandizing.  They feel in competition with those teams in that way and they feel they lose money and fan interest in that context.

He said he hears they (Dan and Bruce) are mystified that the fans have beefs with them.  But they are aware that other teams success can effect their own bottom line.

Him and Dukes talked about it some and they did think it might put Bruce more on the hot seat.

Who knows really but for anyone interested that's more or less his rap today.

It's amazing how powerful some individuals skill happens to be with regards to self-deception. You have to be the most delusional individual on the planet to not understand why a fan might have a distaste for Dan Snyder, or Bruce Allen. 

9 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

The Ravens have already taken over the DMV. I used to get upset in the late 90s and 00s when I saw so many Skins fans switch sides but now, I don't blame them. They deserve better, you want to be a Ravens fan, do it. There's no shame. 

I'm a third generation Skins fan, my grandfather grew up in Ashland, VA and started following the team in 1932. Fast forward to today and my kids couldn't care less about this dumpster fire. 

The 87 year Redskins family fandom dies with me (not that anyone cares)

**** you Dan Snyder, I hope you step on a Lego (or two) this morning

not like this is the first time the Skins were a dumpster fire

2 hours ago, RVAskins said:

Why do you think he does that? I really don't get it. I assume he's a good business man. He should know how to run an organization. My guess is that he has Jerry Jones envy. He want's to be in control of every aspect like Jones. He's proven that he's incapable of that so it's time to give up on that pipe dream.

I think his desire is to personally be involved in the building of a successful franchise.  It is not enough for him to simply put the right people in place, step aside, and let them do their jobs.  He's basically playing fantasy football with a real NFL team but doesn't have the football knowledge and/or experience to pull it off.

He actually had the franchise headed in the right direction with schottenheimer back in 2001 but inexplicably fired him after Schottenheimer had them finishing 8-8 after an 0-5 start, winning 8 out of their last 11.  I've heard what it came down to was Snyder wanted to be involved in the football decision making process and Schottheimer didn't want him involved..... So Snyder fired Marty, has been involved in some capacity ever since, and Washington has a horrible franchise for their football team.

Archived