Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Snyder, Allen Angry About Capitals and Nationals Success

Boss_Hogg

I have no idea if it's true, but it's reasonable. Not so much that Dan and Bruce are up there actually mad about other teams' success...but only in that it highlights even more how poorly the Redskins are doing and, over time, will chip away at the Redskins as the area's #1 sports team. I could 100% see this being the case because I've felt that way at times. 

I've always been a Redskin and Oriole fan. Hockey wasn't really on my radar as a child and I enjoyed college hoops more than the NBA. So, I was a die hard of only two "local" teams (for the sake of this story, can we all just concede that in the 1980s the Orioles were the local baseball team????). 

So, I found myself jealous of success that the other local teams had when the Skins weren't doing well. And that's coming from a fan...it wouldn't in the least bit surprise me if the owner and president of the team feel the same way. Especially when that success has begun to stack up year after year while their team's failure has done the same. 

F them - I'm glad. Wake up and fix it!

On 10/2/2019 at 10:02 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

Have we seen one from the Caps?  Or Wizards?  

I dont know of first round playoff wins typically get responses from the other teams. 

Nats were showing love to the Caps winning on opening night 

Wizards put out a big congrats post to the Nats as did the Caps.

10 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Nats were showing love to the Caps winning on opening night 

Wizards put out a big congrats post to the Nats as did the Caps.

Well the Redskins put up 3 points. That's kind of a salute to the Caps and Nats who both usually score at least as much.

I highly question if this is true. Or at least the part about being "very, very angry and hostile". It's great clickbait and who's really going to question it? People hate Allen and Snyder, so why not believe it? It's easy to pile on. And sure, I doubt Allen and/or Snyder are thrilled at the Nats or Caps success. They're competitors of sorts. Not in the same sport or same league, but if one sports team succeeds, it does make the other ones look bad. So its believable to say someone might not be thrilled by it. But it would seem excessive to say it's hostile. But I can't 100% rule it out either. Just very dubious.

On 10/2/2019 at 9:48 PM, SkinsFTW said:

What a coincidence!!!

This is my first post here as a Patriots fan as well.

Go Patriots!!!

0-5 is inevitable and I hope Dan enjoys that bottle of crown Royal, and the hangover is intense.

I was born in 1982. The Redskins were one of the premier teams in the NFL. Then Snyder bought the team and it's been an embarrassing disaster ever since. You guys deserve so much better...

On 10/4/2019 at 2:22 AM, MariusVT said:

It's probably more about the success of the Caps and Nats has resulted in the Redskins being the #3 team in DC instead of the undisputed #1 draw for fans. It's that you'd never see the other teams buildings overrun by opposing team fans.

We also used to be #1 in NFL sales, before Cowboys or Pats or everybody else. Now we're what? 8?

Can't wait for the NFL to step in and say "enough is enough" and Punt Dan & Bruce overseas.

21 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

We also used to be #1 in NFL sales, before Cowboys or Pats or everybody else. Now we're what? 8?

#8?

What the **** are you clowns buying?

Why is anybody buying anything to support this 20 year dumpster fire?

I wouldn't even buy the leftover reject crap selling at Kohl's  at 90% off. Let him eat all of that until he sells the team.

DC has actually successful teams called the Capitals and the Nationals. Everybody needs to piss Doofus Dan off by showing up to the games and everywhere in the area wearing those teams items instead!

Archived