Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reasons for watching Redskin football

Monkman56

32 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

I don't know, there's not many teams out there that do the lateral throw to their receivers near the out of bounds. Just Gruden. He's so innovative. I mean everyone else seems to complete their slants up the middle for first downs. Gruden likes to be different. And other teams seem to tackle well, but how many times do you get to see 3,4 or 5 players work on a tackle? I mean you just don't get to see this kind of rarity in football action every week.  

Gruden invented setting up screens without pulling offensive lineman to lead the runner. Just send the receiver out to the flat by himself to catch a 1 yd pass and have no blocking in front of him. He'll figure it out...

41 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I've been watching the Redskins for far too damn too long to be shaken easily. I started watching as a little kid in 1972...you expect me to bail because of this? 

Hmmm, for whatever reason (maybe the prolific use of lol, I always thought you were a little younger than me. 

I started watching in 82. Actually, the first game I watched was the SB after the 82 season.  Went with my parents to a SB party.  My parents are immigrants, so we didn’t have football on at home. Some of their friends explained the game.  I was hooked.  Not bad at 7 seeing “your” team win the SB.  

I don't think I missed a game from them until ... 2006?   I missed the famous Dallas game because I was in India saying goodbye to my grandmother.  

I’ve missed more games here recently, family, kids, etc.  

But being a Redskins fan is just who I am.  I could as easily change my skin color as stop being a fan. 

I tell people who ask that I’ve been a Skins fan longer than I’ve been anything in life.  

For better or worse, it is what it is. 

I'm with the fans that wanna stick through the thick n thin..

The Redskins have not been a successful franchise scince snyder bought the team....my best friend the dolphins fan tought me about the passion of being a fan..I've always been a fan I've always loved football..my friend would invite me to the sports bar to watch his dolphins play..this was when we were of age..21ish 22ish..before this I only seen skins games if they were nationally televised..this dude would get into rooting for his phins like he was at the stadium..his passion was off the charts..me and this dude grew up together from like 6,7 years old...so i inherited it from him and scince that year..when I discovered I could watch my Redskins play every game I've been there for the redskins every game..one game I traveled from Alaska to Idaho to drive to denver to watch a Joe Gibbs coached team...the skins lost the game by a point or two..I sat in the pouring rain the whole game but absolutely loved it...meeting all the other Redskins fans.

The monday night game in dallas in 2004 when we were down 13 points and with 4 min left come from behind to win 14-13

Same season the skins are at the eagles and if we win were in..the eagles were playing spoiler..a certain player the redskins drafted I fell in love with as a player picked up a fumble and returned it for a touch down to seal the win.

Still the same season....Washington hosts dallas who's gonna come in and get revenge for the monday night game they had but lost and the Redskins kicked there ass!!

Redskins hosting the lions Mike sellers gets the ball and absolutely destroys a lions defender that's trying to tackle him.

(Today)Same player gets two interceptions.

Rookie wr scores a bomb in his debut game.

Clinton portis's many costumes

Santana moss's fiery attitude wanting to fight sea chicken players

I can go on n on n on

6 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

About the only legit reason I can come up with for someone continuing to watch is being an extreme masochist. 

This might be me, I feel happiness when we don't score these days when the team looks like idiots and also when the other team scores. I'm fully on board with this train-wreck tank

1 hour ago, The Sisko said:

About the only legit reason I can come up with for someone continuing to watch is being an extreme masochist. 

I have a series of reasons i stopped watching.  Im sure it didn't help that they are mired in ineptitude and that each seeming change of destiny results in it all collapsing. 

Think to 1999 then 2000. Gibbs return.  Drafting then losing Sean Taylor. RG3s rookie season then injury and end.  2015 and cousins...

5 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

I like watching football and the Redskins are my favorite team. So far it sucks this year, but I'll still watch. It seems like the end of each coach's tenure has sucked. GIbbs was for a completely different reason, but all the others that end was obvious and were the worst years of football that I can remember. 

This is a pattern i notice as well, everything tends to completely collapse when a coach is fired, its been a while since someone just couldnt get over the hump.  Now theres nuclear fallout everytime a coach is fired, even front office executives sometimes now

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Clinton portis's many costumes

Santana moss's fiery attitude wanting to fight sea chicken players

I can go on n on n on

Ill never forget 2005.

And ya know what, i miss Moss getting so riled up he almost oook himself out the game.  I wish someone, anyone, would get thst mad right now on that team

At this risk of sounding like apologist, are we forgetting that this starting roster is extremely young and inexperienced? Save from a few positions, most Redskin players have little more than three years in the Pro’s (more reason to loath B.Allen).  

Trust me, I’m as sick as anyone as it relates to making excuses for this franchise but we must make sense of how we got here. Allen and Snyder aren’t football executives and are happy to run a boys club, Gruden is fed up and the casual fan base has checked out. 

To answer the OP; we’re very young with a nice sprinkling of let’s say, “potential”. Let’s increase the duties of O’Connell and Tomsula with an eye on retaining their services in the offseason. Allen must be on the next train out of town while real football people burn his office to the ground. Meanwhile, Snyder needs to focus on a new stadium by repairing broken relationships with the powers that be in DC. 

Somehow, there’s still a silver lining if Snyder can for once, make the obvious decisions.  🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Hmmm, for whatever reason (maybe the prolific use of lol, I always thought you were a little younger than me.

You don't know any older adults who easily laugh out loud in real life? lol...I definitely do that. My mom always had a smile and an easy laugh at her disposal all the time, for any reason. If she asked you for a glass of water she would laugh a little afterwards and smile as she did. I got a lot of who I am from her. I try to convey my personality and what I'm really feeling when I write/post/text.

I feel you completely on the "been a Skins fan longer than almost anything in my life" part...my dad was a Houston Oilers fan but encouraged me in my Redskins fandom growing up. First Skins game I remember watching was the 72 Super Bowl, and we had a bunch of people over and a bunch of food and as a kid it was exciting and I got hooked on following them. Well, more like obsessed lol...Hoping the best for Haskins and Mclaurin and Sweat and Allen and Payne and Ioannidis and Collins and Guice and, hell, Flowers lol...

Any day now I figure I'll come home to all my friends and family unsuspectingly gathered in my living room.

My brother and uncle will slam the door and lock it behind me as my best friends tackle me and force a Patriots Jersey on me.

Then as I deny my awful addiction and swear at them to leave me alone they'll all very calmly tell me they love me and hate to see me in so much pain and agony.

That I can't see it right now because I'm blinded by the drugs ( aka glory years) but they all know what's best for me.

I'm a little surprised it hasn't happened yet honestly. 

10 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

For better or worse, it is what it is. 

And this post is why you're the "voice of reason". It's almost a marriage. 

I wouldn't know what else to do. Even though I have to watch via RedZone, I'm there at 12:59 sharp, just in case we score on the opening kickoff. 

I always wear my gear because when Falcons fans laugh, I can laugh back..."Three Super Bowl wins...what you got?"

11 hours ago, carex said:

they're my team.  Simple as that

Pretty much this,  Also the pain of consistently being perennial losers year in and year out make the rare winning season and playoff appearance all the more special. I honestly can't remember a point in my life I wan't a Redskins fan, Its more then just football for me. Redskins games throughout the years, in my memory, are snapshots in time. Who i was with, where i was living, where I was in my life. The good the bad and the somewhere in between its all really special and a personnel experience. I'll be a Redskins fan till the day i die and I'll enjoy the ride even if that means they never win another playoff game

Archived