Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reasons for watching Redskin football

Monkman56

If you want to continue watching, nobody should legitimately shame you. For some it's just tradition etc.

I personally will not contribute to TV ratings for this team. Does it mean anything in the long run, no, but aside from not buying merchandise or going to that garbage stadium in RALJON Maryland it's my only way to express that this is unacceptable.

All I will say is, there are other ways to bring people together once a week. I'd rather go to a dog's birthday than support this organization's leadership.

15 hours ago, RVAskins said:

It beats root canal.

I don’t know about that. First off, they numb you up pretty good. Secondly, despite the pain, the outcome is generally good.

watching the skins is more like getting a root canal without any drugs, and then finding out you still need a root canal.

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Habit is my reason and to a lesser extent because dumpster fires can be interesting.  

Almost feels like they should just have the Pats and KC play and the winner plays the Bears and Cowboys (or take your pick) for it all.  Season is over 

Just give the trophy to the Pats already...(looks, makes sure wife isn't looking over my shoulder)the bears aren't going any where with there qb situation..even if biquits comes back..it'll be the saints or cowboys..I've said the saints with the saints winning but ain't no one touching the pats this year...remember when they had a chance to break the 72 dolphins record?...they'll do it this year.

I don't watch anymore.  I'll turn it on to check out the ineptitude and then do something else.  Saves a lot of time to go straight to the post game highlights.  There's no team of interest just a few individual players (e.g., "Ok, that guy is still trying - - something for someone to build on").

Nothing is going to get me interested in the Skins other than a full house cleaning.  Switching coaches won't do it as we have been there done that.  Other than a new owner the only thing that's going to get me to come back is a strong GM who will fire all the toadies.  

2 minutes ago, Catatonic said:

The comedic value of this coming Sunday's destruction at the hand of the Patriots will make it worth the watch.  I want to see DS crying in the owner's suite.  

70-0

20 hours ago, Monkman56 said:

I'm very curious as to why anyone would continue to watch any more redskin games this year. At this point what is the attraction? Watching the complete destruction of a professional sports franchise?

The only real reason would be to follow the development of the rookies.

Does McClauren continue to shine?

Does Haskins make a statement?

Does Martin get on the field?

Is Holcomb one of those smart, undersized players coaches always want to replace, but can't?

Can Sweat make OC's sweat?

Can Payne, Allen, and Ionadis recapture their mojo?

Is Quinn serviceable or good?

Is Simms as dynamic as he appears to be in limited action?

I'll throw out one vet one too:

Can Peterson break a couple records?

On 9/29/2019 at 10:25 PM, Califan007 said:

I've been watching the Redskins for far too damn too long to be shaken easily. I started watching as a little kid in 1972...you expect me to bail because of this? 

giphy.gif

So your basically saying you have no tears left?

I've been a fan for 40+ years.

I can't remember the last time I missed a game on purpose, but this past Sunday I simply decided it wasn't worth my time anymore.

In the past few years I have stopped going to games and stopped buying merchandise. I guess this was the final step to detach myself completely.

Honestly it was liberating in a sense. I've always felt a little guilty spending the day inside watching TV when the weather is beautiful.

The NFL in general has just started to fade for me. Having a **** show for a team doesn't help.

Archived