Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reasons for watching Redskin football

Monkman56

I can't stop watching.  If this team is ever good again, I want to say I suffered through the worst of it.  Also, it is entertaining to see how comically bad we are.  May start trying to bet on how many turnovers and other stupid plays we will have in a game, especially with the Patriots coming up.

I feel this season is turning into 2009 all over again. The team was an embarrassment that year under Zorn and ended with the hiring of Bruce Allen and eventually Mike Shanahan.  I can’t believe 10 years later here we are again...and have nothing really to show for the last 10 except RG3’s rookie season and 2015 with Cousins starting.  

...so I watch because I’m married to the team for life and because I hope maybe one day I can perhaps see this franchise return to something that resembles the glory days of my youth.  I mean this can’t continue forever right?  At some point things HAVE to turn around...right?  Will it be another decade before that happens?

I’m not sure anymore.

My wife was calling for Haskins to get warmed up and then all the sudden he was trotting onto the field.  I was shocked.  First time I’ve been up out of my seat hyped up in I can’t even remember.  Started out like he was going to be a spark and then just fizzled.  While he held the ball for an hour, it didn’t seem as if any of his pass catchers could create an inch of separation.  So the buzz died quickly there for me, right back to lethargic, apathetic, watching while also looking at my phone.

Watching the red zone after, watching practically every game be competitive, it really sunk in just how bad watching Redskins football is these days.  The football was bad to start the year last year too, but at least it had some juice.  This **** is just another level of suck.

1) dad worked for the team for 6 years, I’m kinda too far in by now 😭😭😭 

2) it’ll just make the super bowl party even that more epic (if we ever get there in my lifetime, which for the record, I’m not at all saying will happen...). But if it does...just know I’m inviting all you other ******** over that night, just knowing we all through it together. We’ll all get hammered together as well. Deal? Deal. 

I'll always look at the Redskins reminding me of home, or at least the concept of it, because I moved so much when I was younger.  Them sucking was a constant in my life, a 3 hour distraction to have with my dad where even if we was beefing we could do together and then reconcile later.  For 3 hours, the worlds problems can take a break, good or bad, I'm just not thinking about it.  

And I want to be here when they get it right, I really do.  If I've made it this far I can find ways to keep it from being actually stressful.  Its a different type of anger because I can deal with it anyway I want.  I have the power to turn the TV off, not other aspect of my life that frankly stress me more.

And ya, while I still enjoy talking about this with my dad, one of the biggest reasons is because I can talk about this with ya'll.  It would be harder to do this without Extremeskins.  I don't know if that makes it an enabler, more like feeling better I'm not alone in this.  It's true the gameday threads can be more entertaining then the game itself sometimes.

36 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Yes.  I watch to see how badly they can be beaten.  I have big plans for the Pats game.  

Redskins are at the cutting edge of inventing ways to lose.  State of the Art level failure, I learn something new every week.

I like watching football and the Redskins are my favorite team. So far it sucks this year, but I'll still watch. It seems like the end of each coach's tenure has sucked. GIbbs was for a completely different reason, but all the others that end was obvious and were the worst years of football that I can remember. 

Momentum.

I remember the Super Bowl teams and how dominant the Redskins were.  Every year, I stupidly hope that they are finally headed in the right direction.  Then my dreams are dashed against the concrete bridge abutment that is the Snyder/Allen duo.

I'm glad that Dish Network and Fox are in a pissing contest and I couldn't record the game.  Saved me the frustration and waste of time that watching it would involve.

I don't know, there's not many teams out there that do the lateral throw to their receivers near the out of bounds. Just Gruden. He's so innovative. I mean everyone else seems to complete their slants up the middle for first downs. Gruden likes to be different. And other teams seem to tackle well, but how many times do you get to see 3,4 or 5 players work on a tackle? I mean you just don't get to see this kind of rarity in football action every week.  

1 hour ago, Mr. S said:

I can't stop watching.  If this team is ever good again, I want to say I suffered through the worst of it.  Also, it is entertaining to see how comically bad we are.  May start trying to bet on how many turnovers and other stupid plays we will have in a game, especially with the Patriots coming up.

Oh man lol..my best friend is a dolphins fan like im a Redskins fan..you should hear us talking about our game coming up in a couple weeks..lol haha were betting each other who loses I've got the skins hes got the phins its funny... and that's why I continue to watch folks!

Archived