Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, I’m with @portis26a, I’m not sure how SPECULATION would make Snyder a dumb***. Plenty of other things make him that. Something that some radio guy speculated might be happening, when he’s not even involved in any way within the organization, isn’t one of those things. 

I agree with @Mr. Sinister on this one.  And even spell it out for ya.  Dan inviting a former college coach in to assist him with the search for our next head coach is absolutely ridiculous.  At the pro level, Meyer has zero coaching experience, zero coordinator experience and zero front office experience. 

Do I trust Bruce to bring in a solid HC next year, nope.  But I certainly don't trust Meyer either, would you?  And if so, why?  And with Bruce still employed, this would be another "dumbass" move by our meddling owner.  As bad as bringing in a bingo caller as an offensive consultant and to call plays (granted that was the Vinny era)?  Maybe not.  

On 12/16/2019 at 12:24 PM, goskins10 said:

I would be OK with Alex in the FO learning the ropes to possibly become a GM down the road. He seems very smart and has the perfect demeanor from what I have been able to see of him. I am just not a fan of giving it to him without him having any time in a FO at all. 

I know people are bringing up John Lynch (not just you), but how much is him and how much is Kyle? Also, the early results do look good so fair enough, but it's not even been 2 yrs yet. On a side note, Kyle is the one I would liked for the Redskins to keep, even over Sean. But danny has too big an ego for that. Which is why whatever change he makes is unlikely to make that much difference. But at least when he makes a change we have a chance he might dumb his way into getting it right. 

Agree completely about waiting on John Lynch...as well as wondering how much is Lynch and how much is Shanny jr.

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/snider-next-redskins-coach-hidden-in-plain-sight

Here are the Redskins head coaching search odds, as determined by Rick Snider:

Eric Bieniemy 5-2

Greg Roman 4-1

Marvin Lewis 6-1

Jim Harbaugh 8-1

Byron Leftwich 10-1

Kevin Stefanski 15-1

Urban Meyer 20-1

Kevin O’Connell 25-1

Ron Rivera 30-1

Lincoln Riley 40-1

David Shaw 40-1

Rex Ryan 45-1

Mike McCarthy 50-1

Bill Callahan 50-1

22 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/snider-next-redskins-coach-hidden-in-plain-sight

Eric Bieniemy 5-2

Greg Roman 4-1

Marvin Lewis 6-1

Jim Harbaugh 8-1

Byron Leftwich 10-1

Kevin Stefanski 15-1

Urban Meyer 20-1

Kevin O’Connell 25-1

Ron Rivera 30-1

Lincoln Riley 40-1

David Shaw 40-1

Rex Ryan 45-1

Mike McCarthy 50-1

Bill Callahan 50-1

Love me some Bienemy but no Ryan Day and it might be a name that people want to keep an eye on with all the ties of the tweet you posted in another thread, HigSkin.  :) 

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I agree with @Mr. Sinister on this one.  And even spell it out for ya.  Dan inviting a former college coach in to assist him with the search for our next head coach is absolutely ridiculous.  

I think You misunderstood My point. My point is that is just SPECULATION from that Chris spielman guy, correct? Meaning nobody knows if that’s why Urban Meyer was in Snyder’s suite on Sunday. 

IF it’s true, then yes, i agree it’s dumb. But didn’t the rookie WR say the reason Urban Meyer was there was because he was terry’s guest...? Meaning, again, it’s pure speculation on chis spielmans part. 

Point being, why call Snyder dumb for something that might not even be true at all? IF it’s correct, that that’s what is happening, then sure. But saying he is dumb, based off of something some radio guy thinks is happening? Seems a bit silly before anyone of us even knows the facts 🤷🏻‍♂️

I do laugh at people questioning coaches going from College to pros & highlighting success rate, what about the success rate of 'the next hot co-ordinator' becoming HC?

If someone has proven to be a strong leader & HC in a competitive environment I'd take that over someone who has been a role player into a different organisation but never had to manage the whole thing.

I think the difference we has seen this season between Gruden & Callahan shows you need to be a leader of men first & 'smart football guy' second (obviously you want both)

7 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Urban Meyer is a respected football mind at the pro level?  Asking for a friend.

Absolutely.

Coaches look at each other's knowledge base, not where they coach. You get a sense for what a guy is about. A respected coach is a respected coach, regardless of level. And you can see if someone else has the ability to be a respected coach if you're at that level.

Now, being respected doesn't mean you'd be as successful at different levels. But it certainly means you've got a chance to be.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/12/nfl-rumors-here-is-a-blueprint-for-john-mara-to-fix-giants-return-to-playoffs-in-2020-around-daniel-jones-saquon-barkley.html

Hire an analytics-driven head coach

Once they choose to embrace analytics in the front office, the Giants must select a coach that will embrace them, too. And, to further develop rookie Daniel Jones, the next head coach requires a track record with quarterbacks.

That would rule out many retread candidates. Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh is a staunch believer an analytics. So too, is Seahawks coach Pete Carroll. Can Mara find a similarly dynamic quarterback whisperer who will make decisions based on data?

Possible candidates:

Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman

With Roman’s help, quarterback Lamar Jackson has become a devastating weapon and the MVP front-runner. Before joining the Ravens staff, Roman developed a reputation for designing exotic concepts and fronts to maximize San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s skills. Given Jones’ mobility and the weapons the Giants already have, Roman might be the head coach best suited to take the organization into the future.

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/12/nfl-rumors-here-is-a-blueprint-for-john-mara-to-fix-giants-return-to-playoffs-in-2020-around-daniel-jones-saquon-barkley.html

Hire an analytics-driven head coach

Once they choose to embrace analytics in the front office, the Giants must select a coach that will embrace them, too. And, to further develop rookie Daniel Jones, the next head coach requires a track record with quarterbacks.

That would rule out many retread candidates. Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh is a staunch believer an analytics. So too, is Seahawks coach Pete Carroll. Can Mara find a similarly dynamic quarterback whisperer who will make decisions based on data?

Possible candidates:

I'm confused.

Was Shurmur fired ? I can't find anything to declare that, but this article talks as if he's been canned.

I guess the author is just assuming he will be.

I actually thought he was going to be a great HC. If he's fired, he's already a proven OC, and would love to have him here, in that role. That of course, depends on who our HC will be.

16 hours ago, HigSkin said:

Eric Bieniemy 5-2

Greg Roman 4-1

Marvin Lewis 6-1

Jim Harbaugh 8-1

Byron Leftwich 10-1

Kevin Stefanski 15-1

Urban Meyer 20-1

Kevin O’Connell 25-1

Ron Rivera 30-1

Lincoln Riley 40-1

David Shaw 40-1

Rex Ryan 45-1

Mike McCarthy 50-1

Bill Callahan 50-1

I like Rick Snider, but this list is pretty off and, likely as intended, fiction.    I mean, I'd LOVE to see Harbaugh that high, but he's 100-1 to even LEAVE Michigan, much less come here.    I do think Bieniemy is high on the list, but Todd Bowles is exactly as high and he's not even here.    Bowles is a person Snyder likes a lot and though Gruden wouldn't let him in last year, as head coach he is easily up there.   Of all the coaches out there and presumably available I'd probably MOST like Harbaugh or Rivera.   I could also get behind McCarthy IF Rex Ryan is DC :).

14 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I just hope the search ends quickly after the season.

Because obviously the longer it takes, the more we miss out on other possible staff hires and player signings, whose decision is contingent on who the HC is.

zorn11.jpg

Archived