Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

32 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

According to Breer, Snyder has been actively interviewing coaches, and often by himself.  Something should happen quickly. Keep an eye on Ron Rivera. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/12/27/nfl-coaching-news-rumors-2019-black-monday

If Snyder has been interviewing; that's a good thing.

Is that a positive sign that Bruce is on his way out?

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah, I'd take Rivera by a mile over Lewis. 

I’d personally prefer Lewis, if only because he’s coached in DC before and knows exactly what he’d be getting into.

Interestingly, LeroyInsider tweeted on 12/23 that Dan’s plane stopped in Charlotte on the way to the Bahamas. Have to wonder if he interviewed Rivera.  Would satisfy Rooney Rule at a minimum.

That’s also two separate reports that Snyder was in the Bahamas this week. 

Hmmmm, Raheem Morris is an interesting name to me. I remember being excited about him and Jealous of the Bucs at the time because they seemed to be building something with Josh Freeman. Unfortunately the wheels fell off his career quite quickly after I think it was something leaked by their coach after Morris about him taking "drugs" but the rumor was that they were drugs for ADHD or something like that. 

Then the whole switching sides of the ball and going from defense to offense and WR coach is interesting for him. I'm not saying that he's anybody that moves the needle for me but he's an interesting candidate. 

22 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

What do people think of Jack Del Rio? he was fired in Jax and Oakland, but was able to do well in both places. and he helped develop Carr into a legit nfl QB. 

I don't mind Del Rio, I always thought he was a good coach, but as a defensive guy,   I'm not sure how much credit he deserves for developing a QB.

I'd pass on both Lewis and del Rio, I don't want an older retread, I want a young up and comer.  If they were to go older retread, is hope it would be someone with a better resume than Lewis or del Rio. 

Greg Roman please!!!  

One of the problems is being able to run block for Peterson/Guice, and Callahan was supposed to be a good o-line coach. He's been anything but good, so why reward someone like him with a HC job? I just assume him being sent packing as well, along with Manusky, Kaczor hasn't gotten anything done on ST to get excited about, and to be honest, go take a look at all of the assistant coaches; none of these guys look promising in any way, and many of them are ex players, and crappy ones at that.

Just clean house, a new GM/President, find a good HC and sign the guy before some other team does! This is the Redskins FO's biggest problem; they finger**** each other until some other team signs said coach, then they come out sating 'we got the guy we've been looking at all along', BS story as they break their arms patting themselves on the back.

2 minutes ago, cgm110 said:

Another issue-- If Dan is getting rid of Bruce, shouldn't the new FO executive be involved in hiring the Headcoach?! Everything this team does is a** backwards !!!!!!!

That's my biggest problem with this rumor, if you're supposedly resetting the organization STOP DOING THINGS THE SAME DAMN WAY! let the new person select the new coach and sit in the corner, Dan 🤬

I just don't see how a team that needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom would bring in a coach with a career .500 winning percentage and an 0 and 7 record in the postseason. 

And if that isn't enough, someone who has already spent some time here, albeit very little but still was here.

Maybe he was interviewed to be the defensive coordinator for a head coach who needs an established long tenured defensive minded coordinator kinda like sean mcvay and wade Phillips. 

I'd be more than ok with that approach, but if it's as the head coach I'm done, I'll be in full blown checkout mode.

8 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

I disagree. Hue was a successful OC in Cincy, and in demand as a HC when Cleveland hired him. He had terrible rosters there.  Likes to pound the rock. 

I've paid attention to both Marvin and Hugh over the years so its difficult to change my opinion on them. Gregg took that same losing roster and mounted a winning streak last year with it within the same season.  If you like the tandem, cool.  To each their own.    You aren't going to talk me into it so I'll agree to disagree.   To me its not horrible.  It's "meh".  Judging by here and twitter this far, I'd guess about 20% or so of the fans are jazzed and 80% don't like it.  '

At the very least i am confident that its a dud move if they are looking to spur season ticket sales.  Personally I don't care about sales.  But I think its a lose-lose move from Dan.  I think he'd land an 8-8 style coach with no personality and get no buzz out of the hire. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I've paid attention to both Marvin and Hugh over the years so its difficult to change my opinion on them. Gregg took that same losing roster and mounted a winning streak last year with it within the same season.  If you like the tandem, cool.  To each their own.    You aren't going to talk me into it.   To me its not horrible.  It's "meh".  Judging by here and twitter this far, I'd guess about 20% or so of the fans are jazzed and 80% don't like it.  '

At the very least i am confident that its a dud move if they are looking to spur season ticket sales.  Personally I don't care about sales.  But I think its a lose-lose move from Dan.  I think he'd land an 8-8 style coach with no personality and get no buzz out of the hire. 

i agree it certainly wouldn’t be as exciting as Meyer (my hope).  I just remember when Snyder didn’t hire Jim Fassel because of negative fan feedback and instead chose Jim Zorn.  Would prefer not to see a repeat. 

Just like Fassel IMO would have been a solid choice, so would Marvin. Just not the most exciting selection. 

Archived