Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If Marvin has a 3-7 playoff record, ie: got there 7 times, won a few games,  it didn’t win a SB, would you view him differently?

I think it reflects more of an anti-retread sentiment more than anything. But even with the news of Allen's pending departure from football ops, its gonna take a lot more than a new coach to reenergize this fanbase.

And this is a Skins message board, so naturally we are focusing on these upcoming hires. But I hope Snyder is getting the message that the town writ large is no longer hanging on his choice for next coach. Too many other successful sports teams in this city to care about.

4 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

It'll be interesting if BA is announced "gone" Monday but we don't have a HC  announcement.  IMO, that might signal there's a sleeper coach like Greg Roman out there that can't be hired until Ravens lose.

Your post in another thread about Smith/Rivera connection makes a lot of sense with Schaffer staying.  I can get into that big time if no Bienemy as HC or Meyer involvement.

If the story about Lewis and Jackson being a package deal is true I dont want any part of it. Hugh Jackson became a poison in Cleveland. Unwilling to take fault for anything that went on with that disaster. We are just getting rid of one of those guys in Allen. I dont want another one in the building.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2813786-hiring-hue-jackson-a-catastrophe-waiting-to-happen-for-nfl-teams?share=other

After that winless 2017 season, Jackson told reporters he should be praised and not criticized—for not quitting his multimillion-dollar job:

"I don't think anybody else could've did this job. I don't think anybody else could've stayed in this job for two years and been 1-31. A lot of coaches would've said 'uncle' after last year. I know that. I think you guys do, too. I think a lot of coaches during this year would've said, 'Forget it.'

"I'm not walking out on these players or this organization. I came here to win. We're going to get this thing turned around, and we're going to get to winning."

Wait. It gets better.

After getting the ax, he wasted zero time in blaming just about everyone on Earth not named Hue Jackson for Cleveland's failure. While speaking to Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com, Jackson blamed the team's offensive struggles on his giving play-calling duties to Todd Haley and said the franchise's long-running search for a quarterback (a quest that appears to have ended with Mayfield) wouldn't have been so long if he had the final say on personnel.

I'd settle for Josh McDaniels and maybe we could lure his QB coach MicK Lumbardi. Bring in whoever you want as DC. I'd like to think the two offensive guys would bring a system that would work around the players instead of the players having to fit into the scheme. The Patriots to an excellent job of working the scheme around their talent. Plus Ole Bill Bellichick can't get to mad an Josh for leaving since he's would not be going to another AFC team. 

9 minutes ago, VRIEL1 said:

I'd settle for Josh McDaniels and maybe we could lure his QB coach MicK Lumbardi. Bring in whoever you want as DC. I'd like to think the two offensive guys would bring a system that would work around the players instead of the players having to fit into the scheme. The Patriots to an excellent job of working the scheme around their talent. Plus Ole Bill Bellichick can't get to mad an Josh for leaving since he's would not be going to another AFC team. 

I dont think Josh is going anywhere. He is guaranteed the Pats job sometime in the next couple of years when Brady and Bellichick both retire at the same time.

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I dont think Josh is going anywhere. He is guaranteed the Pats job sometime in the next couple of years when Brady and Bellichick both retire at the same time.

Not necessarily, Bill's son is probably being groomed for that gig. You know NE doesn't care about screwing people over.

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I don’t want Snyder basing any of his coaching hires on energizing the fan base. If he does that, we are most likely ****ed.

Our jackass fanbase wasn't even energized when we were 6-3 last season.  Any energizing seems like its going to be a long process after being beaten down for so long. 

12 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Our jackass fanbase wasn't even energized when we were 6-3 last season.  Any energizing seems like its going to be a long process after being beaten down for so long. 

Hire Tomas Hopper Jr, he just won Madden national championship, thought out side of the both with dropping a 11 back on D, passing game looked great, no dink and donk,,,,perfect Dan hire...ooh yea he won with the Skins playing Haskins. Could hear him yelling in the mike...I think at the little digital players.

My point it doesnt matter who he hires!

18 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I was just thinking about jackass yesterday..the one where dude glues pubic hairs to his face..he thinks it's all natural beard hair lol...hes the Arabian guy and the thing back fires on him in the cab..he starts to puke after finding out it was pubic hairs glued to his face..freaking out "one was in my mouth" lol hahahaha 

40 minutes ago, VRIEL1 said:

swindle him away. 

To here?..bwaaaaahhhhh ahahahahaha hahahahahahaha lol realy? Lol

44 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I was just thinking about jackass yesterday..the one where dude glues pubic hairs to his face..he thinks it's all natural beard hair lol...hes the Arabian guy and the thing back fires on him in the cab..he starts to puke after finding out it was pubic hairs glued to his face..freaking out "one was in my mouth" lol hahahaha 

To here?..bwaaaaahhhhh ahahahahaha hahahahahahaha lol realy? Lol

who brought crabs to the party LOL.  

1 hour ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Here's hoping the next coach is hired by the next GM. I think an organization with the chaotic history of ours, could benefit from some old fashioned chain of command (accountability).

This isn’t directed directly at you.  But can somebody please give an example where a GM hired a HC basically without owner involvement?

It would be naïve to think that Snyder would not have the right to have final say on coach. But what folks are saying is that it appears that a coach has already been selected before a GM, or at the very least the selections are concurrent.  Whether that's true or not is anyone's guess. 

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

This isn’t directed directly at you.  But can somebody please give an example where a GM hired a HC basically without owner involvement?

Who hired Joe Gibbs the first time in Washington?

Oh, thats right, Beathard, the GM picked his guy and the owner agreed with his GM.

"It was reported yesterday that Cook's final approval was the only things between Gibbs and the Redskin job. Gibbs became the leading candidate after being recommended strongly by Beathard."

Interesting how that works when the owner acknowledges his inferiority in football decisions.

I think we know why we are not hearing any young coaches names interested in coming to the Redskins.  Why would a young head coach want to get

involved with a rebuild situation knowing that you are going to have to bring in a lot of new players and get rid of a lot of existing players?

Shanahan did it with 49ers because both he and Lynch got ten year contracts.  The Danny is not going to give away that much money in long

term contracts to his football guys.  So we hear names yesterday from re-tread Head Coaches.  Also if he is listening to Gibbs, then Gibbs will

be recommending Head Coaches from his generation.  Meanwhile in the last few years we let three promising young coaches leave and go elsewhere.

Lafluer is with Green Bay now and will be coaching in the playoffs this year.   Losing off the field should become our new catch phrase for criticizing

Snyder.

Archived