Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Coach?

RichmondRedskin88

Really unsure how I feel about Rivera. He's had some really good teams, but more years with a bad record. His defenses have been really good though which is where we need major improvement. Maybe Rivera with KOC as OC would be a good combination. In the end I won't care who it is if Allen stays. As much as I would want to, I wouldn't watch games in protest. 

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am cool with Rivera.  Don't love it but I'd take him over the other rumored candidates.  I am ok with Meyer, too.  All the other names mentioned worry me for different reasons.

I could live with Rivera, I guess.  Meyer intrigues me, especially as VP or TP or HC.  He's been a winner.  

8 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Really unsure how I feel about Rivera. He's had some really good teams, but more years with a bad record. His defenses have been really good though which is where we need major improvement. Maybe Rivera with KOC as OC would be a good combination. In the end I won't care who it is if Allen stays. As much as I would want to, I wouldn't watch games in protest. 

Where would you watch them?

39 minutes ago, cgm110 said:

Sounds like Snyder is trying to get Rivera hired almost immediately.  i'm very underwhelmed but he's better than Marvin Lewis.

Rivera couldn't beat Bill Callahan - _ -

Callahan got Rivera fired to be exact.

That would be then fun to hire the coach that got fired because he couldn't beat you.

I feel better about Callahan than I did when he took over for Gruden but I’ll be disappointed if he remains.  This house needs a cleaning badly.  Or an enema.  

lewis is more of the same.  Rivera at least seems to have passion and drive so of these three I’d lean Rivera. Obviously Nothing matters If Allen remains.  

still holding out hope that Dan fires Bruce then Hires a new actual GM. Then Interviews Meyer.   

3 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

I feel better about Callahan than I did when he took over for Gruden but I’ll be disappointed if he remains.  This house needs a cleaning badly.  Or an enema.  

lewis is more of the same.  Rivera at least seems to have passion and drive so of these three I’d lean Rivera. Obviously Nothing matters If Allen remains.  

still holding out hope that Dan fires Bruce then Hires a new actual GM. Then Interviews Meyer.   

9 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Rivera at least seems to have passion and drive so of these three I’d lean Rivera. Obviously Nothing matters If Allen remains.  

I watched an except of Rivera (which i can't post here because it was full of expletives) going off on his team for being out physicaled in a game that made me want to run through a wall.  If its him, i think he'd be the best motivator type we'd have had since Gibbs.  And classy like Gibbs, too.  He doesn't strike me though the type who suffers fool gladly so wonder how he'd do with Dan. 

Bruce Allen **** canned,  Meyer as g.m and Rivera as coach...I could work with this.

No kiddin huh..I hate the sound of bruce sticking around but Rivera is a lock for the skins next coach?...

Ahhhh i can vision it now...Rivera **** canning manusky lol..here's how it's done son lol

I still hope they at least interview Dan Campbell for the position of Skins HC.

Not only did Campbell gain some valuable exposure/experience with HC responsibilities, he followed that up with a lot of time in learning under some great head coaches.  He's been a big part of the Saints offense that is really clicking too.  I think he'll do well as an HC for whichever franchise that hires him.

While a passable coach, Rivera seems to me to be too much of a re-tread and better suited as a defensive coordinator.  But Rivera would be a better choice than Marvin Lewis.

Archived